Topic: Username significance (?)

Just wondering what (if anything) your username means to you? I recognise Captain Howdy as one of the demons inhabiting Regan's body in The Exorcist, Jack Burton as Kurt Russell's character from Big Trouble in Little China and a few others but thought it might be interesting to hear how you chose your username and why?

Me - I just lazily mish-mashed the names of my two favourite Italian horror directors together, Fulci & Argento to come up with Fulcento.

Anyone else care to reveal the meaning to theirs?

Re: Username significance (?)

Well, I'm kinda lost in some subjects that I'm not interested in so I call myself A Lost Boy which I also wants to be part of David's vampire gang.
As for the avatar... I dunno my sister just create it for me and BOOM!

I'm a big fan of HP Lovecraft.

My name's Lon (short for Lonnie); "Loud Lon" was a nickname the singer in my old band gave me one day during rehearsal after I'd cranked my Crate amp way up.  When I left the band, I took the nickname with me. lol

I'm afraid I'm not a big reader these days Az. I'm almost loathe to admit I've never read any of Lovecraft's work. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm lame lol! I've seen tons of Lovecraftian film adaptations though if that helps restore my horror credence! big_smile

What Lovecraft name is Azathoth taken from?

(Not true.  Lon has loud gas.  I hate it when someone gets a post in before me.)

Azathoth (Wiki link)
Easier than me explaining it.

Don't worry about it.  I'm basically the Lovecraft geek here.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-20 12:49:37)

"Lonnie"? Is that your birth name? As in "I christen this demon child, oops, I mean baby Lonnie"?
That's quite an unusual name. At least here in Blighty.

To Az^^ Lovecraft has loud gas!!??

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-10-20 12:45:04)

^^
Posting delay.  I fixed it.

Cheers for the wiki link Az, yeah, that would have taken quite some explaining on your part! lol

azathoth wrote:

^^
Posting delay.  I fixed it.

lol I also look at multiple topics too!

Then we can get into Nylarthotep, Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth, Fungi from Pluto, etc.

^^ What the... First I was going to put ***** or ****** or ******** or ******* or bla bla bla for my username.

azathoth wrote:

Then we can get into Nylarthotep, Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth, Fungi from Pluto, etc.

I have a sketch-pad somewhere around here that I filled with comic characters I made up inspired by the Necronomicon, which my big sis got me for my 24th birthday way back in '95.  They were mostly based on the fifty names/powers of Marduk, but I had characters for the Ancient Ones as well -- Shub-Niggurath, Azathoth, Tiamat, et al.  If I can find it -- and if I ever get a scanner LOL -- I'll post some of those sketches.  I think you'll dig 'em, being a Lovecraft fan.

Mine is quite simple actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEPnGUPc5s

One of the first bands of the genre, except of course Possessed became before them.

To Lon^^ lol horror movie heroes like the hellboy thing which I haven't even watched.

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-10-20 13:02:04)

You should check Hellboy out.  It deviates quite a bit from the comics it's based on, but on its own merits, it's still a fun flick with lots of monster action and a quirky sense of humor.

^^ The superhero movies I've watched so far (fully): The Spider-Man series, and... I think that's it...

I'm going to slap you.  I'm going to slap you right in the face.  You run out right this instant and pick up the following superhero movies:

Spider-Man 2
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Blade
Blade 2
Superman: The Movie
Superman II
Hellboy
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Kick-Ass
Swamp Thing
V for Vendetta
The Crow
From Hell
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Once you've picked them up, take them home and watch them.  I can't believe you're 14 years old and the only superhero movies you've seen are the Raimi's Spider-Man flicks.  I will educate you, my young friend.  Oh, yes.  I will educate you.

I've never hated a super-hero so much as I hate Iron Man. I am serious, I hate him so much.

Movie version or comics version?

Is V For Vendetta a superhero movie? I loved that, haven't seen a single other superhero flick though.

My username is one I've used a lot of places over the years, I didn't want to just pay homage to one single film, and it's easy to shorten down, shows my love of horror and makes it fairly obvious I'm a girl big_smile

I hate both versions, he's not even a super-hero. He's a dude in a suit, which has powers. Going by the logic, if I got in that suit I'd be a superhero too. Silly. I just really hate him.

@Lon-
The sketches would be cool to see.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Is V For Vendetta a superhero movie?

Yep.  Based on a graphic novel of the same name by writer Alan Moore -- who also wrote the graphic novels upon which the films Watchmen, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and From Hell were based.