Topic: Black sabbath u.s. version on dvd? is there one?

Hello you guys, does anybody know if this movie has the u.s./english version
on dvd?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057603/
a couple of the dvds i checked there, the reviews say it has the italian version only. I'd like to get a copy with both versions on it.
And i downloaded the us version from someplace but its crappy quality.

Re: Black sabbath u.s. version on dvd? is there one?

Here you go:

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/dv … d-r-p-1659

Oh, forget it, Lon always beats me to the punch...

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-23 11:23:40)

thanks fellors. but it says its a dvdr? are these bootlegs?
was the us version never released on a proper dvd version?

i think i'd rather just download a good rip then buy a bootleg tho.
i hope they put this movie on blu ray with both versions some day.

Looks like there are only 2 versions out there-

Amazon link

One in Italian and one in English, both OOP (out of print), so they're pricey.

^ Near 70 bucks for a new copy? lol Wow.

I have the Italian version on DVD.  I would recommend this version over the american version because Black sabbath was severely edited in the American version.  The two ending stories were switched so the scarier story was first instead of ending with "A drop of water".  Also some of the gorier scenes were cut or darkened to lessen the effect and the Italian music score was replaced in the American version.  In other words....the subtitled movie is far superior and how Bava intended it to be seen!

DirtyGirl wrote:

I have the Italian version on DVD.  I would recommend this version over the american version because Black sabbath was severely edited in the American version.  The two ending stories were switched so the scarier story was first instead of ending with "A drop of water".  Also some of the gorier scenes were cut or darkened to lessen the effect and the Italian music score was replaced in the American version.  In other words....the subtitled movie is far superior and how Bava intended it to be seen!

ya? from the reviews ive read some say the english version was better? and that they cut out the parts where boris karloff talks inbetween episodes?'
i'll d/l the italian version an watch it since i never watched it before.
thanks again fellors. oh and i think both of those dvds on amazon are both the same, italian versions only. I think the english one was only on vhs?

Nah, the English one is DVD (check the details section).  I don't own either, so I'd take DirtyGirl's advice- she knows her stuff.