Re: How do you rate your movies?

1.  Like a wooden piece of splinter through the eye. Just excruciatingly painfull!
2.  Avoid like u would avoid crazed individuals like Dr.Frankenstein
3.  1 or 2 minor positives but in the end 2 many wrong turns.
4.  Frankenstein level - A relatively hack job with some very poorly executed components but one with a solid heart/concept
5.  Middle of the Texas backroads but pushing it to Bub's breaking point 
6.  Just above the average IQ of Jason's favourite swing plaything - hot blond chicks
7.  Good but as in Capt Rhodes demise 1 or 2 zombies (negatives) too many pulling it apart and    prevented it from escaping ato a higher score
8.  Plain Awesome as a epic battle between King Kong v Godzilla, a so badly cheesy its good movie (The Stuff) or its equivalent, Capt Rhodes - U should hate him but u Love him/it
9.  Exceptional - Like Aristocratic Dracula's choice in wine, sry blood.
10.  A BLOODY masterpiece!

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-05 16:37:00)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

1/10 - The worst of the worst (Black Christmas - remake)

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i51/5/5/7/frabz-Not-sure-if-i-should-use-Are-you-fucking-kidding-me-or-I-see-wha-aef038.jpg

LOL !!! I haven't seen such a foolishness for a long long time big_smile

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-05 13:52:25)

1- Practically Unwatchable (Halloween 07, The Devil Inside)
2- Very Painful to sit through ( Tcm The next generation)
3- Very Very Bad ( Jason Goes to Hell)
4- Bad (Halloween 2 09)
5- Average (The Strangers)
6- Slightly above average. Potential was there (New Nightmare)
7- A good horror film (Woman in Black)
8- Great Horror Film (Rec, Phantasm)
9- Fantastic (The Thing, Dawn of the Dead)
10- Masterpiece (Only three films with this rating. Halloween 78, The Shining, Psycho)

flamethrower wrote:

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i51/5/5/7/frabz-Not-sure-if-i-should-use-Are-you-fucking-kidding-me-or-I-see-wha-aef038.jpg

The Black Christmas remake is one of the worst films I have ever seen. It's that bad in my opinion, of course I feel this way because I am very attached to the original but still, I cannot be the only one who hated the movie as this much.

flamethrower wrote:

The Black Christmas remake is one of the worst films I have ever seen. It's that bad in my opinion, of course I feel this way because I am very attached to the original but still, I cannot be the only one who hated the movie as this much.

You are attached to the original and not giving a chance to another unnecessarily hated remake.Great Christmas atmosphere,great shot movie and one of the best killing scenes in the slasher movies in the past decade along with the Hatchet imo.

^ I watched the Black Christmas remake three times before, and hated it just as much the first time as the third. I hate every moment of the remake, it's a horrid movie and implemented silly stuff (like a back-story to the killer) and so on, to me it's one of the worst horror movies ever. But like I said before, it's just my opinion.

1- A good horror film (Woman in Black)
2- Great Horror Film (Rec, Phantasm)
3- Fantastic (The Thing, Dawn of the Dead)
4- Masterpiece

1. Terrible, makes me mad (pulse, some remakes)
2. Piece of garbage (most remakes)
3. Really bad
4. Bad
5. Not bad, not good
6. Alright worth watching
7. Good
8. Great
9. Must watch
10. Perfect (Halloween, the lost boys)

My rating scale rarely goes to the top, in this case a ten. Anything over 8.5 is a classic in my eyes because i don't give those out too often. High marks are hard to recieve, especially in the genre today.

Chomper wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

It was never intended to have anything to do with the Michael Myers Halloween flicks anyway; it was an attempt by producers John Carpenter and Debra Hill to make "Halloween" more of an umbrella title or a brand under which they could produce different horror films -- kind of like how Masters of Horror is just a series of different movies by different creators.  The only reason they didn't continue with that idea is because of the backlash from folks who expected another Myers flick.

I really wish that they would have taken the "Halloween" franchise in the direction of H3 - a different story each time, but maybe connecting them together somehow (even with a nod to a previous installment here and there). As much as I like Michael Myers, it got stale.

It's good to see others with same opinion as mine. Any series that was not an intended amount of movies (for example Lord of the Rings was intended to be 3 movies) tends to turrn to crap after the first or second movie. That didn't happen with Halloween, part 3 was great. After that though they just became a generic slasher movie.

I'm not keen on rating anything on a scale of one to ten. People just look at a rating and make an assumption, I prefer to write about the film I saw, the album I listened to, or the book I read and let what I wrote speak for itself. If I have gripes, you see the what they are, maybe it's something that won't matter to you. If I have something I really liked, you see that too and you may or may not agree with it. That and I'm a vicious rater, there is maybe one or two movies that are a 10/10, how could there be more? If one movie is your favourite it should automatically be top ranked, anything less could not be equal. Then there's the problem of movies that are so bad they are good, how do you rate that? My experience was positive, so watching the flick was a 8/10, but the movie is really a piece of garbage and it wasn't intended to be funny on that level, so it's 3/10. Even it out at 5.5? Bah, too complicated.

well, if i dont like a movie i'll usally say "man that stuff was a piece of horse shit". then i'll delete it. or if i like it it alot then i put a heart beside it.'
all other movies get an average 2/3/4 star rating. an im talking about the media players where you have a bunch of rips on hardrives an you can rate/delete/ and put hearts near your favorite ones.

also i sometimes buy my favorite ones on blurays/dvds.