Topic: The Halloween Series ugly little brother - Season of the Witch

(Spoiler...kinda I guess?)

I like Halloween 3....

I like the plot, I enjoy Tom Atkins, whenever he is in a horror movie and finally, (I know this sounds twisted), I love the nasty angle in the movie about going after a bunch of kids.

That being said, I just watched it again and for those who have seen it, I'm curious about one thing that I've never been clear on.

Did Dr. Chalis (Atkins) screw a robot?   

These are the kind of questions that have always kept me from being a truly productive member of society.

Discuss...

Re: The Halloween Series ugly little brother - Season of the Witch

To answer your question: yep, I believe he banged the robot chick. lol

It's been stated many, many times that this flick was an attempt by Carpenter and producer Debra Hill to make "Halloween" an umbrella title under which to produce other horror flicks (a la Masters of Horror).  The experiment didn't work, but I don't really think that has anything to do with the movie itself; fans were just expecting another Myers flick, and backlashed when they didn't get it.  But the movie itself is a lot of fun.  Quirky, gory, well-acted by Atkins (one of my horror heroes) and oozes with chitzy, cheesy 80s goofy goodness.

I really don't see what's not to like about it.

^^
Yep, call it "Masks of Halloween" or something and it would have been much better received.

You could make a case that there is a tie in with the regular series in that, I believe, we are seeing the Cult of Thorn as the bad guys.

At the very least, the bad guys in #3 gave People the idea for the Cult of Thorn to come, in my opinion.

But, yes, you make a good point that if they had just named it something different, it may have been a bit more respected.

SOULDOOM

Back then you had Mike 1, Mike 2, and... Halloween Masks!  Really threw people for a loop.

And then when they went back to Mikey, everyone was, huh? again.  Then later on they started just wedging all kinds of things in.  Could have been neat if the movie anthology idea took off, i.e. each film was based on Halloween but had a different plot.  Ah well, we'll never know.

What are other good Tom Atkins movies besides this,  Maniac Cop ,and Night of the Creeps?  Are there any that come close to his performance in Night of the Creeps.  He is too funny in that movie.

This is actually one of my favorites in the Halloween series. Most of the hate it gets is unnecessary

Well, unfortnately Atkins has only had a handful of lead roles such as those.  The Fog is another one.  The rest of his genre work has been in supporting roles.  Creepshow, Bruiser, My Bloody Valentine '09, Escape from New York, Two Evil Eyes, usually playing a cop.  But he's also had supporting roles in movies like Lethal Weapon, Striking Distance and the HBO show Oz.