Re: Top 300 horror films that MUST be seen before you die.

No, the Dracula 1931 is on there also, it goes
Dracula (1992)
Dracula (1992)
Dracula (1931)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Midnight-Angel19/Untitled-5.png

So Young Frankenstein can still be in!

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2012-10-21 20:19:57)

That's good news!  smile

@Lon @ DG- can we wait until the spreadsheet is filled out before we start adding more film?  lol

^^^ Sure.  Then once we've got the spreadsheet filled out, replace one of the Dracula '92s with Young Frankenstein. big_smile

^^
Remind me in a few days, we're only up to #92 so far.  I just had to go and make things more difficult, didn't I?  Could have just been 600 entries (movie & date), but NOOOOOO, I had to make it 7 items per movie, making it 2,100 entries.  It's like we're building the HMDB.   Next someone is going to want to build a HM Wiki.  Then a HM website, and... wait, I'm going in circles now.  Is there such a thing as an Ouroboros Monkey?

I froze the top of the 'sheet (the info and headings), so when you scroll down the headings stay up top for you to see so you don't need to scroll back up to figure out which column you're working on.

I just checked, and the 'sheet is almost 1/2 way done.  I salute those who have been filling it out.  Once it's done, I'll make sure you all get a shout out for your work.

And then Lon and DG can add 200 more movies to it, lol .
After we double check it first, like that Dracula thing.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-23 06:20:05)

I've been working on the 'sheet yesterday and I'll have another good go at it tonight and tomorrow, hopefully I might get it all finished. I love being organised, okay a little anal, so adding 200 more is good for me! When it's all done I'm gonna colour code everything for me big_smile

By New Years we'll be up to 1,000 films...
And I thought I was joking about a HMDB, heh.

Could categorise also, add another column for sub-genre? Or am I taking it too far?

^^
Not a bad idea, but we'd have to agree on a set of sub-genres to use, because we could come up with about 50 sub-genres.  Adding another column is no big deal- it's the categorization.

Everyone-  throw out your ideas for categories.  Try to keep them high level, I don't want a "Midget robot dinosaur slasher" category.

Edit- And Lon, "Infected" movies will go under the "Zombie" category.

So, to start it off-

Slasher
Zombie
Vampire
Werewolf
Mummy
Ghost
Demon
Serial Killer (?- maybe a better name?)
Crazy Family (like TCM- maybe a better name?)

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-23 19:22:20)

Yeah I get what you mean. I was thinking level of 'Slasher', 'Creature', etc, etc not super in-depth ones. Then we can sort the films by the sub-genre to see what we've seen in that one.

Also, if a new film comes out that's a must-see, we don't have to keep it to 300 do we?

^^
I edited my post after you posted.  Check it out.

Let's just get the first 300 in, then we can open the flood gates again.  That way people can check to see if their movie(s) were already listed.  And review it, since there was a question about a double Dracula posting.

I'd be doing more on this, but I'm working on HFest stuff now.  You and everyone else (Thelli?) are doing a great job.

Also, I added the "Genre" column; it's a good idea, and most shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Also I think an "Alien" and "Killer Animal" sub-genre would be cool too.

^^
Good ones.

I was wondering about "sci-fi horror", like Event Horizon or Moontrap.  Kind of in-between things, but it could be a catch-all for that type stuff.  THoughts?

Possesion/Excorcism?

Dunno who else is working on it, I'm cool to keep going though, HFest must be taking up a mahoosive amount of your time!

Instead of 'Ghost', maybe Paranormal would be better? Fits things like Insidious more I think

Serial Killer is a good one, Crazy Family does what it says on the tin too

^^
Sorry, I was just doing a little formatting.  I saw some of the names were exceeding the column widths.  big_smile  That is one of the faults of real-time editing.  <shrugs>

Paranormal sounds fine to me, though I'd keep "Demon" separate since there are a lot of actual demon movies (Demons, Night of the Demons, etc).

Yeah, for sure. Lol no worries, I guessed that's what you must be doing big_smile

Now that I've started looking at films and trying to put them into sub-G's, it seems a lot harder than I initially thought! Some are pretty difficult to categorise

^^
If it's not easy, let it go for now.  We're not on a deadline.

Also wondering if movies "The [movie]" should be changed to "[movie], The]".  No worries now, we can figure it out later.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-23 20:13:30)

I've started filling in the easy ones for now, I guess we can go back after and add the more difficult ones in. Plus, I haven't seen all the films so some of em I don't know!

Nothing worthwhile doing is ever easy, and rarely done by one person.

Wisdom from the mouth of a monkey smile

That will truely be awesome.

Wish I could help but I have absolutely no knowledge of the spreadsheet thing.

^^
Just Click on this linky, and you can check it out (just brings up a page in your browser).  Anyone with the link can edit it, so it you want to fill some stuff out, feel free.

It's all based off of a list Bassi made on IMDB that was based on all the entries in this thread.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-23 20:57:25)

Found Footage I'm thinking is another definite sub-G