Topic: Grave Enounters 2

Oh my.  What a complete [expletive] mess.

It took 30 minutes to get to the place, 2/3rds of which was wasted on kids partying.  Then some stuff happened, then a few of the ghosties showed up, and then it went to left field and dove into a gopher hole.  After that, it got worse.

The acting was bad, the execution was shiite, not much FX, and the "twist" in the movie was so damn stupid I almost turned the dang thing off.  Who wrote this, and why did someone pay for this script?  The idea was there- but the trailer lied to you.

Really, don't bother.  It is so much inferior to the original as to be insulting.  I'm really not happy right now after spending 90 minutes watching this.

3/10.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-24 13:24:41)

Re: Grave Enounters 2

Glad you posted this before I watched it! I think I shall definitely prioritise other films now before this. It was really that bad?

I felt the same way with [REC 3]. but I'll give Grave Encounters 2 a watch at some point anyway.

Really looked forward to it, and I have to agree. Big disappointment, especially after how much I was surprised by the first.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Glad you posted this before I watched it! I think I shall definitely prioritise other films now before this. It was really that bad?

Everyone's opinions are different.  I really disliked it.  I felt it had 1/10th of the tension and scares, and 10X annoying actors.

I'm not saying don't watch it- you may like it.  That was just my feelings about the film.  And then I went back and watched GE 1 to double check, and I found myself not changing my opinion.  I was just so... irritated by it.

Yeah, it was poorly done when compared to the first.  Still, it was not as bad as Episode 50 or Greystone Park aka The Asylum Tapes.

I haven't even seen the first one yet (saving it for H-fest) but already I'm uninterested in part 2.  I believe I'll pre-pass on this one.

Still haven't seen the first but I've heard very good things. It's a shame that this one seems to be a big step backwards. If I remember correctly I think Ryan Nicholsons wife did some of the FX in this. Grave Encounters is on netflix, suppose I'll give it a watch.

Jug- GE 1 is a very good watch.  Had a nice spoof of Ghost Adventures in the beginning, then got into the investigation.  The only part I really disliked was when one of the girls was screaming her head off for about 3 minutes straight.  God, she's shrill.  They even tried to stay together for most of the time!

alien25 wrote:

Yeah, it was poorly done when compared to the first.  Still, it was not as bad as Episode 50 or Greystone Park aka The Asylum Tapes.

I was digging Ep 50 for a while, minus the bickering.  But at the end it just went so off the rails...  I was just "Huh?"  Haven't seen the other one, though.

^I wouldn't bother Az, I think Episode 50 was superior to Greystone Park.  Really, its claim to fame is that it was done by Oliver Stone's son Sean, and coincidentaly, I believe it was shot at the same place as both GE and GE2.

^^
Thanks for the heads-up.  I have enough good films still on my list to watch, lol .

^So many good movie obligations, so little time. smile

I just don't get it.  I had to watch it a couple of times because I'd wondered if I'd fallen asleep somewhere in the middle, but at the end of it all, was just plain ol' disappointed.  Totally didn't get it.  Such bad acting, disjointed storyline, and no scares at all.  Wanted to slap the main guy through the whole thing, just hated it.  I was actually surprised when I heard there was going to be a sequel, because I thought the first was just so bad it was almost comical.

They scrapped the tension of the first and just went with LOUD NOISES everywhere, and screaming. Really annoying.