Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Yeah LoudLon but I like bass much more so I don't bother. I let the guitarists do that. Hahaha

Oh nice Gardenofstone10. Do you act crazy like Animal in the muppets too??? lol

Not anymore.  I did on one of my first drumsets (and played like dave grohl using the bottoms of the sticks) and after getting tired of changing the heads, i learned how to play and be loud without killing your set haha

Hahaha Cool.

LoudLon wrote:

After a brief discussion of guitars in another thread I realized we don't have a thread devoted to musicians.  So if you play or sing, or aspire to play or sing, this thread's for you, and I'm looking forward to the discussions to be had herein. smile

Hi,
My name is Bobby Cole, and I am a professional music composer working from the UK. I love composing Horror and Thriller music.

Its nice thread you started... hope to see more

welcome aboard Catch22.  What's your favorite key to write in?

Anyone of you guys using this???
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor … ng-cleaner

I love this thing and it totally changes my sound after cleaning my strings with it.

I may Look into that Punk.  I switched to using Elixir strings about 6 years ago...before that, I went through strings every two weeks.  Now Elixirs will last a really long time (3-4months probably) but by the time I change the strings, my fretboard is whacked out dry.

Cleans out the frets at the same time too. And man, nothing beats Elixir, best sounding strings EVER!!!

Hello, I'm Henry and I play guitar, bass, and piano, and becoming a musician is one of my dreams along side becoming a filmmaker smile

I listen to lots of music, but I'm mainly into punk rock.

I've been playing guitar and bass for about 3 years, and this is my first year playing piano.

Last edited by Psycho97 (2012-11-16 08:43:47)

Hey hey there Punk brother.

Dya play Punk or play another kind of muzik???

Piano, played a lot as a kid, mom's a teacher but been a while I didn't.

Played The Omen: Ave Satani yesterday at music class. Got a 1 bonus!

kXnPunk- I love playing punk, and mostly do that, but I also like to play other stuff like classic rock, and blues at times sake.

Cool Psycho97.
Listen to the best song I ever did, already posted it sorry for the others but would be nice to have the toughts of another Punker so here ya go. Gimme your comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am55CXhE … ature=plcp

I'm bass and voice.

And with my new band, Flibuste Lunaire, I play bass and do voices but everything else digitaly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WicabfDp … ature=plcp

Yeah playing other things is part of the being a musician deal, You got to.

@The Lost Boy, Clapclapclapclapclapclap!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-16 12:11:17)

yeah...I jame with some buds in like a steampunk folk thing where I play mandolin and percussions and the other guitarist plays banjo...it's fun to rock out to different instruments.

Oh yeah.
I traded these for Sawtooth, my computer. Faster and easier yeah but lacks the fun and sound of the real stuff.

Man I miss the stage days soooooooo much it starts to hurt.
And with my new project I guess I won't be seeing it soon.
I HAVE TO FIND A BAND LIKE NOW!!!

NOTHING like the stage fun, nothing. Well aside sex. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-16 14:36:57)

yeah I hear ya.  We played 4 gigs this year.  Last year about the same...I'd love to do a once a month thing but with young kids, it gets to be tough.

Bring them!!! tongue Hahaha

I'm learning Ghost of Pedition by Opeth on guitar, it's quite fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseLgweKpsA - Here's a song from when I saw Opeth live two nights ago, if anyone is interested. The sound isn't great, but whatever.

Sweet...Opeth do a lot of Solos using Parrallel minor scales...which is almost a signature thing that they do...sounds epically badass...

kXnPunk wrote:

Cool Psycho97.
Listen to the best song I ever did, already posted it sorry for the others but would be nice to have the toughts of another Punker so here ya go. Gimme your comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am55CXhE … ature=plcp

I'm bass and voice.

And with my new band, Flibuste Lunaire, I play bass and do voices but everything else digitaly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WicabfDp … ature=plcp

Yeah playing other things is part of the being a musician deal, You got to.

@The Lost Boy, Clapclapclapclapclapclap!!!

I loved them both!!!
The punk song was great.. I tried to pick out bands that it sounded like but all I thought of was D.O.A but only for a fraction of the song.

The other song was great too.. I've been getting really into industrial lately so this was like love to my ears

Sweet.
Man, comparing this to D.O.A. is HUGE for me, even for a fraction of the song. Been loving them since their first album Something Better Change in 1980. Yeah I'm ancient. lol Joey Shithead is GOD.

So millions of thank yous, you made my friday night.

Industrial is cool. I'm a huge Einsturzende Neubauten & Ministry fan.

Keep on Keepin on man! I would love to here more anytime. When I said I only heard DOA in a fraction of the song I meant it in a good way because it was original and many punk artists have a hard time with that.

Speaking of industrial I think i'm gonna pick up suicide's first album tomorrow smile

Oh yesss totally agree. One of the most shameful so called Punk bands are from here, Simple Plan. I wish they die so I can go piss on their graves. lol

Woooooooooo H3LL yeah, S-U-I-C-I-D-E   ØWNZ!!!

Yeah....simple plan are pretty bad...especially to be called punk....but Reset was cool..

Urgh no. Well I guess the to each his own saying goes pretty well in this. lol
But I can't stand them. I'm old school. Black Flag, Crass, Dead Ken and the like so I bet it's understandable that I don't like these.

Yesterday, the morning show asked us to send a version of their theme and lemme tell you, THEY ARE GONNA FREAK when they hear the version I did. Gutural vocals, fast at the start and melodic and slow at the end. VERY different from what the theme is and what the others sent. Hahahaha
Punk's Not Dead. Of course, I'm still alive. lol