Re: What video game did you last play?

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Silent Hill HD Collection. 2 and 3 are just as great as I remember them and it's a shame survival horror games haven't come this close to being as good in a long time.

i ordered this a couple of days ago......it's not out until the 30th here. hmm

although i don't know why i bothered, i haven't had a chance to play anything for a few weeks now.......there just aren't enough hours in the day!

i've also got 'The Darkness 2' sat here unplayed.........maybe i'll get a few hours in tonight.

What's really sad is that I still remember the solutions to most of the puzzles on hard difficulty.

Just finished Dead Island.  In a word: underwhelming.

^^
I've been watching a Let's Play for the new Silent Hill and Resident Evil, and I must say they are also underwhelming.  Send me a PM if you want to check out the guy's vids that he's done so far, but I'm not impressed.

One of these days I'll actually buy a new gaming system so I can actually play the games.

My problem with Dead Island was that it basically turned out like a cross between Grand Theft Auto and Left 4 Dead.  Weapon upgrades and special weapon creating aside, it's pretty much you running around this island performing various missions while wading through zombies, with the occasional "special infected" thrown in for good measure.  Once I finished the game I was expecting it to let me start a new game with all the XP and everything I'd just acquired but no; you start right back at zip.

^  Dude...you finished it?!?!?!?  I started playing it again, but think I'm still on Chapter two or so.  It is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I been playin NHL 2010.

^^^ Yeah, about an hour ago.  Final battle is you against a few prison guards, a few zombies, and then a super-zombie that glitched itself into a corner and stood there while I hacked it to death.  And that...was...it. hmm

azathoth wrote:

^^
I've been watching a Let's Play for the new Silent Hill and Resident Evil, and I must say they are also underwhelming.  Send me a PM if you want to check out the guy's vids that he's done so far, but I'm not impressed.

One of these days I'll actually buy a new gaming system so I can actually play the games.

There was a new Silent Hill game, Downpour, which is pretty bad. I decided to wait a week and pick up the HD Collection, which is 2 & 3. The best in the serious, in my opinion. Going into this, know that they are previous generation graphics, but they are fun games, really creepy and a good time.

^^
I'm not sure if you can beat the burn babies in #1, though.  Kinda like the 1st zombie in Res Evil #1.  Just that first slap to the head "dang yo!" moment.

Not that I'm knocking 2 or 3 at all.  And super-duper graphics for the sake of game play and plot is a step backwards for me.

Dead Island was the biggest disappointment in games for me last year. That trailer that was first released made it seem like it was going to be this emotional, plot driven story, but in the end we got another FPS clone that is repetitive and wears thin really quickly.

^^^ The trailer blew me away.  It had a real emotional punch and I thought it was great how it played in reverse.  Like you I was expecting something deeper and more profound than just another zombie bash-'em-up, but alas it wasn't to be. hmm

Today I played Shank

Mass Effect 3

just picked up fear 3 yesterday.

Last recent videogames that I have been playing aren't horror games. I have been recently playing Viewtiful Joe 1, Splinter Cell 1 and Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings for the Nintendo Gamecube. that and just got back into playing a little bit of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and trying to continue with the Championship mode which is frustrating since the COM opponent cars get faster

Got Borderlands 2 today, really fun.

horrorfan26 wrote:

Mass Effect 3

I feel sorry for you...

The last game I played was Torchlight 2.. Great game.. A Diablo 3 killer.

Finally got my copy of Borderlands 2 and have been playing that on and off.  Gotta take breaks because it really gets frustrating at times.  Great game, though.

Resistance 3

Ghostseeker wrote:

^  Dude...you finished it?!?!?!?  I started playing it again, but think I'm still on Chapter two or so.  It is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I been playin NHL 2010.

Geez and I thought I was playing an old NHL game haha, I got myself addicted to NHL 11 again. Probably going to buy NHL 13, but decided I'll wait till the lockout is over.

That and Saints Row 3, trying to find another game that interests me again if there are any suggestions.

Manhunt on PC.  Been a while.  Great game.

I just picked up WWE 13 and Assassin's Creed 3 and been playing both all day.  Great gaming!  Both are huge improvements and lots of fun

^^^
Can't wait to play AC3. I really enjoyed the previous ones.

For me NOTHING will ever beat NFS Carbon, Riven, Quake 1 and Starcraft which I last played for 3 hours yeasterday. I like oldies.  smile

NHL 2013....although I'm really not a gamer...I only basically play Hockey and Guitar-controller games..

My Monster just bought me Silent Hill 2 and 3 on one disc for ps3:):):)
gotta do my Philosophy quiz tomarrow then I can lazy on my day off tomorrow and trot around Silent Hill:)