Topic: Disney buys Lucas Studios, will make more Star Wars films

Yep.  I got nothing on this.

Here's one story about it.  Google "Disney making new Star Wars" for more horror, because Lucas isn't out of the loop, he owns a share of Disney and presumably will have input on the new films.

Re: Disney buys Lucas Studios, will make more Star Wars films

I never watched anything about Star Wars so I don't care. smile

We really need a "Shake My Head" emoticon.

^^ (( sad ))
Something like that will do.

I was so against this when I read it yesterday and now I've thought about it and realized that most Disney movies are awesome.  They spare no expenses and make instant classics most the time.  I look at Pixar and what they're doing with Marvel and am now very much looking forward to more awesome Star Wars movies!

^^
As long as Lucas doesn't write the damn story.

I don't know why people liked the Star Wars film so much I mean the gross revenue for each theatrical film is always more than "sumthin'"00 million!

^^
Since you never saw any of the films, no wonder why you don't understand why people like them.

^^ I've seen one movie with my friend at his birthday party (I forgot the name! Gah) and frankly, all the sci-fi stuffs like that... just bored me but I remember that there was this guy who is the guy Anakin's son kissed a girl and he was like "I'm tha player" after that kiss.

A Lost Boy wrote:

A Lost Boy wrote:

^^ I've seen one movie with my friend at his birthday party (I forgot the name! Gah) and frankly, all the sci-fi stuffs like that... just bored me but I remember that there was this guy who is the guy Anakin's son kissed a girl and he was like "I'm tha player" after that kiss.

Make up your mind.  And you watched one of the new films.  They are... lesser than the originals.

They need to make an adaptation of Doom Troopers.

^^
For a few seconds I thought your were talking about the SyFy movie S.S. Doomtrooper.  lol

azathoth wrote:
A Lost Boy wrote:

A Lost Boy wrote:

Make up your mind.  And you watched one of the new films.  They are... lesser than the originals.

No I mean like I never even care about Star Wars. I wached the movie at the party as a kid and then my friends were like keep frocing me to watch every stuffs I mean I was bored with the thing...

OK, OK, relax.  No harm, no foul.

Read about this earlier today.  He sold LucasFilms.  And since he owned LucasFilms, the entire 4.5 billion goes into his pocket.

However, he's pledged to donate the bulk to charity, so say what you will about his handling of his films, but the one-percenters could learn a thing or two from him.

^^
Guess I read it wrong, then.  Good guy, screws with his films too much.

azathoth wrote:

^^
For a few seconds I thought your were talking about the SyFy movie S.S. Doomtrooper.  lol

I actually liked that movie,wish I could find it on dvd.

Yeah, I hate that it's near impossible today to find an untampered-with version of the original Trilogy without having to pay an arm and a leg.  It seems as though he MEANT to alienate his diligent fans, though for what reason I have no idea.

Incidentally, I also read the future Star Wars films are based off of Lucas' original twelve-part storyline, and are supposed to deal with Luke Skywalker in his 30s and 40s.  How true that is, I don't know, but that's the word going around.  Mark Hammill has already said as much after speaking about a lunch Lucas invited him and Cary Fischer to.  He said he likely won't be appearing, but that Lucas just wanted to sit him and Fischer down to let them know what's going on.  Which, in itself, was mighty big of Lucas.

Who knows?  Maybe with this charity thing he's looking to win back some of the good graces he lost from fans over the revamped original three and the sorely lacking "prequels".

^^
It's on Stagevu.com.

Cool thanks.

This is a terrible idea and probably will not go well