Topic: Premier League Discussion Thread

As most know, I'm a massive Manchester United fan, and I know others here love football too, so to stop us spamming up the random thread I thought we needed somewhere to discuss the beautiful game!

(Let's keep it respectful, should be easy since I don't think we have any City fans here wink Glory, Glory big_smile )

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

As it stands right now, Man Utd are on top of the table after we beat Arsenal 2-1 today, Chelsea drew with Swansea and Man Shitty drew with West Ham big_smile Fantastic day for me!!!

Anyone else see any matches today?

United should have stuffed the Gooners by about 5 this arvo. Van Persie missed a ton of sitters and Rooney's penalty was shit. I love this thread, cheers for starting it Queeny. I was playing snooker in me local club as I watched the footy today. Good results all round!!! We'll keep the red flag flying high, cos Man United will never die!

Lets get this out of the way, I hate Robin Van Persie with every fiber of my body. And I hate both Manchester clubs too. They are both as bad as each other.

I think Aston Villa might get relegated this season but I hope not, we're seeming to hit some form as of late though. Thankfully.

^
How can you hate Van the man? What did he ever do to you? LOL!

He's such an a**h***, just the way he goes on and how much of a sore loser he is (along with EVERY player on Manchester United, like Giggs, starts hacking players down when they are losing). And the way Van Persie goes around elbowing players and gets away with it. I hate him so much it's not even funny.

Giggs?
He's a model professional - he's never been sent off in his long and illustrious career. I'd choose better targets if I were  you.

Are you saying he's never made a bad challenge and the referees got the decision wrong? Lol, go watch the Chelsea game from Wednesday and he makes a horrific tackle when they were losing.

If I were you, I wouldn't make such assumptions.

I'm saying he's never made a malicious tackle, he may have mistimed one or two but compared to Paul Scholes Giggs is an angel! big_smile

Ryan Giggs has never, NEVER deliberately set out to injure another player. He's prolly the only Man U player I'll stick up for as his gleaming record speaks for itself. 12 league titles is unparalelled in the modern game. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Liverpool need to sign any of these guys pronto!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/09/21 … -window/6/

But what I'm saying is, if you just watch the Chelsea game that was on last Wednesday, you'll see he makes a malicious tackle on a player (can't remember who) when Man Utd were losing lol

^
Well if we were losing then that's okay!!! lol

And Roberto Mancini, he's an idiot too.

Removed

Last edited by azathoth (2012-11-03 17:43:35)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

And Roberto Mancini, he's an idiot too.

Now there's one point I completely agree with. He's such a vain show off I can't stand him either. Unlike Fergie - the saviour of British football!! Ferguson's done more for the English game than anyone - trust the Scots! Haha! Och aye the NOO!

azathoth wrote:

"Oh, poop, they're talking about the wrong football again."
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Small_monkey.JPG

I wouldn't disrupt an NFL thread like that. neutral

^^
Perhaps, but I've joked around with all the other participants about this before.  If you were upset, I apologize.

Why is American Football called Football if the majority of the game is played with their hands and carrying the ball? lol Shouldn't it be called 'Handball'? I never understood that.

I wasn't upset, I think the monkey brings a certain something to the thread big_smile

I agree Scav that Mancini is a posing idiot, cannot stand him. But what you said about RvP I can't see at all, he comes across as a really genuine guy, very humble and I think he takes defeat better than a lot of premiership players. They are all competitive, they're athletes in a competition so I don't think we can judge them for that too much. And Giggs might have made a couple of dodgy tackles in his time, but I can't think of any other player who has been playing as long as he has with as good a disciplinary record. That speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned.

We should definitely have had at least 5 goals, if we'd have pulled it together a bit better we could have smashed 'em and got another 8 goal game big_smile Rooney's pen was piss poor, but hopefully that's his one miss out of the way this season. My red flag's flying high, brother big_smile

If Villa keep up this run of form I reckon they can keep out of the relegation zone. And Vas, any of those strikers would be a plus for Liverpool, I don't know if they are gonna go for it in Jan though

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Why is American Football called Football if the majority of the game is played with their hands and carrying the ball? lol Shouldn't it be called 'Handball'? I never understood that.

Somebody 150 years ago wasn't feeling very creative that day.

^ Time to change it I think then.

I think the NFL© may have a problem with that.  On the other hand, we do have the Lingerie Football League (no, I'm not kidding).

Say whaaaaaat?! Where, when and how do I get tickets?!

^^
http://www.lflus.com/

Oh my god that is insane lol. I think I'm gonna have to find myself a new team to support! tongue Who do you recommend? lol