Re: The Crue vs Van Halen

@DG - A girl who likes Metal? I thought those didn't exist anymore lol

@Lon - Oh yes, George Lynch is a great guitarist. I loved him in Dokken but after his time in Dokken I didn't follow him much. He is a great guitarist though.

If we're speaking of great guitarists here, we must bring up Mr. Randy Rhoads! big_smile What a man he was, I loved all the stuff he did, even though I can play some but it never sounds the same lol

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-09-03 17:54:52)

I can play rhythm to just about anything but crazy fast solos like Rhodes, Lynch et al. bust out has never been my strong suit.  These crooked, stubby fingers of mine just don't lend themselves to that kind of thing.  hmm

Rhoads was great, though.  But then Jake E. Lee, who took over for him with Ozzy, was no slouch, either.

LoudLon wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:

You just needed to find a girl that likes Metal, then you could do both at the same time!

Finding a girl who likes metal in Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky was never a problem.  Finding a girl who likes metal in Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky who didn't have five kids from five different fathers, or an STD, or both -- that was the problem. lol

lol....well, you got me there!  big_smile

I got see Van in 1980 with Cheap Trick opening and it was a great show. Peoples eyes were just bulging out when Eddie did his licks....he was incredible and still is!!
Saw The Crue in 2005 and they seemed never to miss a beat...it rocked as well!!

Speaking of concerts, I have seven to go to until December tongue I do like my concerts.

Cool.  for the Record, Van Halen has the better body of work.  Never really cared for Motley Crue. 

Next Show for Me is ZZTop in November...Billy Gibbons is one of my guitar heroes and it'll be the first time I see him.

^ Seeing ZZ Top live will be great.

The first show that I saw in my long life was Mötley with Lee Aaron on their Shout At The Devil tour and man what a show. Never been a huge fan of Van Halen though. I still appreciate how he plays guitar but I don't know there's something missing in their songs I think.
Not a fan of Crue's albums after Shout but I still respect them very much.

Speaking of \M/etal, best show I ever saw was Metallica with Voïvod which come from here. It was during their Kill 'em All tour before they got bad as they are now. Hate the stuff they do since after Ride The Lightning. HATE IT!!!