Topic: What is the most violent horror film you can think of.

Horror films that are violent tends to be gory, but some are not like A Clockwork Orange and Battle Royale (which is gory but very watery, makes me go get a drink).
So what are the most violent (not too sadistic) but w/ out too much gore you can think of?

Re: What is the most violent horror film you can think of.

That's difficult to answer. How can it be the most violent but not too sadistic? I'd check out some Cronenberg movies, The Brood, Scanners, Videodrome, The Fly.
Or if you just want killing minus the human element watch the Final Destination movies.

^^ The most violent will do, but not too much gore.

Or it can be watery gory I mean like juice, I love juice.

This was just uploaded to LiveLeak today.

Have fun gorehounds!
This is a work of depraved art, I dread to think how long it took the sicko to make but well played that man I say.

Enjoy guys;
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=732_1351928597

^ I'm more into scares than gore, and don't go out of my way for gory movies, but that video was freakin awesome and very well done!

Hmmmm. Canada's own "Martyrs" come to mind as well as korean "I Saw The Devil" fit the bill.

^^^ I noticed you mentioned a couple days ago that Martyrs was a Canadian flick.  Not to be argumentative, but it's not.  It was filmed in French-speaking Canada, yes, but it was paid for by the French production company/pay-cable channel Canal +

Is Blade 2 a Prague film, because it was filmed there?  Is Hostel a Czech film, because it was filmed in the Czech republic?  Is Jackie Chan's Operation Condor an African movie, because it was filmed in the African desert?  No.

In determining a film's country of origin, it's not about where it was filmed, but where the production company which paid for it originates from.  Canal + is a French company.  The film was written and directed by a Frenchman (not a French Canadian).  It starred French actors (not French Canadian).  Hence, Martyrs is a French film. 

Not really sure why you'd want to claim Martyrs, anyway; I find it tremendously overrated.  Besides, you've got the original Black Christmas, Ginger Snaps, Deathdream and most of Cronenberg's best films, so I'd say you've done pretty well so far. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Is Blade 2 a Prague film, because it was filmed there?

Yes?

LoudLon wrote:

Is Hostel a Czech film, because it was filmed in the Czech republic?

I think so?

LoudLon wrote:

Is Jackie Chan's Operation Condor an African movie, because it was filmed in the African desert?

Seems like it would be?

LoudLon wrote:

No.

Oh...I guess not.  You and your mind games.  smile

I was going to say Braindead but I don't think that is what you are looking for exactly.

Fulcento wrote:

Have fun gorehounds!
This is a work of depraved art, I dread to think how long it took the sicko to make but well played that man I say.

Enjoy guys;

Brilliant Fulci, really well made. I admit, I am a bit of a gorehound. I do like gory movies, but I love traditional jump-scares just as much, and I don't like just gore at the expense of storyline.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:
Fulcento wrote:

Have fun gorehounds!

Enjoy guys;

Brilliant Fulci, really well made. I admit, I am a bit of a gorehound. I do like gory movies, but I love traditional jump-scares just as much, and I don't like just gore at the expense of storyline.

1:51 has the best head explosion since Maniac if I do say so myself!

Glad you digged it HQ! big_smile

There are so many VIOLENT films that come to mind.  When I think of the word violence, I don't think about blood or gore but shear brutality.  I Spit on Your Grave, Last House on the Left, Black Christmas and even The Girl Next Door (the first 3 originals and the last Jack Ketchum's) those are some of the most brutal films

Good point Garden...hard to argue against ISOYG and Last House being very violent films, yet for some reason didn't come to mind.

@Fulci- loved the vid, I was chuckling the entire time.  It was just so... out there!  The slow-mo explosions were great.  I especially loved how the skeleton bled once it got stabbed.

As for Lon's assertion of who made a movie- he's correct in that the country of financing gets the credit for "making" the movie.  When in it comes to locations, that why they say "filmed in" and give thanks to the town/city where it was filmed in in the credits.  No money = no movie.  No city = find another city, preferably Nilbog big_smile .

Violent without gore?  Having a hard time thinking of one.  I'm sure there has to be one where people just get the snot smacked out of them, like a kung-fu movie, without getting disembowled.

azathoth wrote:

As for Lon's assertion of who made a movie- he's correct in that the country of financing gets the credit for "making" the movie.  When in it comes to locations, that why they say "filmed in" and give thanks to the town/city where it was filmed in in the credits.

It's also why producers are given Oscars win a movie wins Best Picture, and not the director, actors or writer.  The production company buys or commissions the script, developes it, hires the director, the actors and the crew, and they're the ones who put up the money to get the film made.  It's only fair they be given such credit. 

Of course it's a different story if the film is co-produced with a foreign prodco, in which case both countries are given credit, with the country who brought the project to the co-producing company having their country's name first.  But that's a whole other conversation, which has to do with screen credits, the use of "&" or "and" and all kinds of other silliness.

^^
Yeah, you would have to bring up the odd examples.
And thanks, I had to deal with a bunch of 30 Rock jokes from Golem since you weren't around on Skype.  sad  Me going "huh?" for 1/2 hour and drooling on myself is not a pretty sight.

Sorry, man.  Been pretty busy the last week and have only been on the boards sporadically, let alone Skype.  But if Golem drops any more 30 Rock-isms when I'm not around, just PM me a list and I'll break them down for you. lol

Oh, don't worry, he explains them to me in detail.  Like the "load bearing balloon" one.  I actually looked up architectual details (turns out that is an actual building method ?!), before he let me in on the joke.

Yeah, we were wondering what you were up to; I told everyone that you seduced Tina Fey and were "busy."

Ah, if only the first half of that were true... lol

Inside...I still wince a little at the end! Awesome movie!!

Can't decide between Inside, The Rage, Saw or Hostel. So I won't. lol

Fulcento wrote:

Have fun gorehounds!

Enjoy guys;

I love that Panda blow-up scene!

Battle Royale is the most violent movie...

What is the most violent horror film you can think of ?

The question is very interesting but also very difficult to answer, for me anyway. The definition of violence is obviously not the same for everyone. For me, the idea of being chased by someone with a knife is just as horrifying as the murder itself.

I really think that the psychological side is as powerful as the physical side. Abstraction in horror movies is an extremely important and often overlooked ascpect.

If you see a bloody murder occur in a room you will immediately react very emotional about it. But if you are behind the door and the only thing you can do is hear everything that happens, then it's all your imagination that will take control of your emotions. And it can be just as horrifying, if not more, because now the feeling of helplessness settles.

Personally, I've always been horrified and scared of what I didn't know or didn't see.

Just my little opinion. wink

Last edited by Kharis Matic (2012-11-14 08:58:16)