Re: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Nother solid episode.  Lottsa conflict coming up.

I watched Sunday's episode last night and it was awesome.  I love the conflict of the prisoners.  Cool addition to the story.  I can't wait for Michael Rooker to return, and by the looks next episode!

I have to admit, they changed Rick so much and it is so awesome!

BrainDamageFilms wrote:

I have to admit, they changed Rick so much and it is so awesome!

I like your releasing company. Just saying haha.

I didn't care for the first episode this season but it really won me back with the latest one. I definitely dig the direction Rick is going. I still wish they'd kill off his wife though.

Oh, no, I hope they keep Lori on.  It's the conflict and drama between the characters which makes the show great, and Lori is an excellent source for both.  The more personal conflicts, the better, IMO.

Agreed. The tension of their relationship has been so awkward and awesome these first couple of episodes. It really works well.

This may be a spoiler, but It's just my opinion on what may happen.

They will slowly repair the relationship between Rick and Lori, and just before he is going to be okay about things and accept her, she will die. That or they will kill the baby, shortly later killing her after they repair the relationship due to the baby dying.

Also @ Jugchord Thanks! Glad to hear that big_smile

Ah the comics. I think they're going to do that too. It seems that way anyway just by the tone of the first episodes.

SPOILERS (left click and drag below to read):

Unfortunately, I had Lori's fate ruined for me while visiting a comic book site a few months back and know that she's killed off, at least in the comics.  I just really hope they don't follow the comics that closely in the show.  I don't want to see her go any time soon.

END SPOILER

in the latest episode didn't they make it seem like they were subtle clues to you that either Lori, Carol, or Beth were going to die? It's also worth noting Carol and Beth are listed as "re-occurring characters" and not "main cast" same with Hershal and T-Dog. The rest of the main group so far this season is listed as "Main cast"

To me that just means that the re-occurring characters have an end episode coming up....

Also They are following the comics to an extent. They have the same events happening, but for each one they are using different characters. Only person that seems to be following his own timeline is Rick and maybe Carl. (With the exception of Lori being pregnant)

I haven't read the comics.  And now that I'm so enmeshed in the show, I've made it a point not to seek them out.  I don't want anything ruined for me.  That said, I'm aware of certain arcs in the comics, and that the show has striven to more or less plot its own course.  Like Shane's death, I know that came really early in the comics but they kept him around longer for the show.

I would say go ahead and read the comics. If I'm not mistaken where they are at now you would have about 40 comics to read to catch up. To me the comics just exploit the fact that they are not on TV, so they can be more gory and do more outrageous things. In the TV show, they can't really go too far off subject without the excuse of "well a zombie did it"

I think there are a few subject matters coming from the prison stories that won't be allowed on TV. In fact with the latest episode, I think one good portion of that is already gone.

COMIC BOOK SPOILER BELOW, but I have a question

Doesn't Hershal daughter get raped by the prisoners in the comics?

^ I'm pretty sure she does.

Just read issue #100. Hooo...Weee;  Ya just never know...?

As for the last episode. Intense, is the first word that comes to mind.

The premier episode was a good way to kick things off. Nothing amazing happened, but it set things up at the prison, contained some good zombie-killin' action, and ended solid with an ending that would for sure pull you into the following episode.

Episode #2 revealed - SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT -

...That ol' Rick sure isn't going to be putting up with ANY shit this season. When he took that machete and launched it into that asshole's head, I couldn't have been any more proud or happy for Rick then I was right then. I think that he saw just another Shane...someone who would refuse to get along and only go against his leadership and cause problems. So he ended it right there. I physically applauded at that scene.

So...as for ep 3 coming up...of course I can't wait!

Last edited by The Creature (2012-10-25 20:03:51)

The Creature wrote:

I think that he saw just another Shane...someone who would refuse to get along and only go against his leadership and cause problems. So he ended it right there. I physically applauded at that scene.

You did not just compare that loser to Shane!  wink

Ghostseeker wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I think that he saw just another Shane...someone who would refuse to get along and only go against his leadership and cause problems. So he ended it right there. I physically applauded at that scene.

You did not just compare that loser to Shane!  wink

Haha, I did in a way. Though I will certainly give Shane credit for being loads above that A-hole.

Anyway, Shane was the badass (that, however, caused problems - making him the greatest source for great character-driven drama in the second season). That dude they found in the prison cafeteria  just sucked all around. Point is - I'm glad Rick took that step to put him out of the picture at the right time - the very beginning!

When Lori makes the decision about her baby, and then Carl does what he has to do, and on top of that when Rick finds out. I really felt bad for them and got a bit choked up. Ain't no better show on t.v!

This past episode literally was phenomenal. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Also very sad.

reading the graphic novels in an answer to braindamagefilms! it's a big no! i wish i knew how to hide the spoilers so i could explain it but im new to this

this last episode was devastatingly sad but what the show needed since they are kinda veering off the comic path i mean they are keeping it close but all wrong if you've read them it's a beautiful mix of television and comic world meshing these ppl have it down to a science! other ppl who have tried to create movies or shows out of comics have been way off in the formula

also still so terrified of how this series will play out being a mom and not wanting comics to come true

Oh, man...

SPOILERS (left click and drag below to read):
I called T-Dog's death before the start of the season.  I wanted to see how things shook out between him and Merle if Merle made it back to the group.  So his death didn't surprise me; however, I loved that he went out like a champ, sacrificing himself so another could live.

But Lori?  I've never read the comics but had Lori's death spoiled for me by a loudmouth fanboy, so I knew it was going to happen eventually...but not this soon.  I like Sarah Wayne Callies in the role, I think she's played it perfectly from the first episode.  But that said, it wasn't her interaction with Carl right before that got me misty; it was Rick's reaction.  Pure devastation.  I cried like a little girl.

END SPOILER

Another amazing episode in a routinely amazing show.  Frank Darabont promised powerful drama when he announced its development, and man, he wasn't lying.

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-11-05 03:22:55)

Underdog wrote:

I really felt bad for them and got a bit choked up.

Me too!  That was some of the best performances I've seen.  Rick was amazing.  Wow that sucked.

* SPOILER Question *  SPOILER * SPOILER *

Any chance that Lori is alive?  That Carl really didn't do it?  That Carol will find her and sew her up?

*Spoilers*

The black dude just got replaced by another black dude. Nobody would notice the difference - he has been THAT useful on the show.

Strangely enough , was expecting the baby to turn and bite the girl after it didn't move.

Even If Lori is still alive , she would have bleed to death and turn. I want a zombie lori !

Last edited by fmvgamer (2012-11-07 03:29:11)

SPOILER

That last episode was super emotional! Carol, Carol, Carol, how many times do they have to save her?  If she turns up they better not have her watch the baby. lol I haven't read the comics but I did read Rise of the governor so I'm interested to see if anything from that will be worked into the show.  The governor is one creepy dude.