Re: NFL & College Football 2012 thread

^^
He he.

I also didn't watch the Pats/Ravens game, but I've been reading so much about how awful the refs were I'm kicking myself for skipping it!

Yeah, the replacement refs are a joke, I could do better officiating than they can.

^^
Regular Officials are back starting tonight.

^^
Watched a fair amount of the game- so much better.  I liked that the crowd cheered when they came onto the field.  Then, of course, 15 minutes later they were booing them for calling a penalty against the Raves (game was in Baltimore).  lol

Oh jeez, I was checking out the sports sites to get up to date on today's games, and I came across an article.  Some high school kid made a tackle last night, fell over, and died.  At his homecoming game.  No report on what happened yet.  After all the talk on the "parent" thread, this shot me straight to the heart.  If you're interested, here's the link-

http://espn.go.com/high-school/football … ackle-dies

Send out some prayers or well wishes to the parents, if you wouldn't mind.

Seahawks win a shocker against the Pats!

24-23

Eagles blew another 4th quarter lead, lost in OT.

They held the Lions to about 80 yards offense in the first 3 quarters.  Then let them get around 240 in the 4th and in OT.  Vick throws 2 more interceptions, fumbles 3 times (loses 2), etc.

Chargers are going up against the broncos tonight. With a win they can take a 2 game lead in their div. GO Chargers!!

Was reading an article about the upcoming college football playoffs in 2014.  For those who don't know, instead of just 2 teams (like now), it will be a 4 team playoff format.

So I'm reading the comments, and some guy says it should be a 32 team playoff.  After a 14 week season, he wants to add another 5 weeks after the last games in early December.  For college kids.

So I went a bit sarcastic on him in my reply:
--------------
So where are you getting the 5 weeks it will take for this to happen?  Why not make it 64 teams and run it to the end of February?  Better yet, 128 so it can last into March!

I think you stumbled onto a great idea- after the NFL regular season, all 32 teams play in the playoffs!  And we can extend March Madness to 256 teams!  The MLB can extend the post season to 5 playoff series (2 teams get to come back in once eliminated).  The NBA can extend the playoffs so it overlaps with the beginning of the next season.  NASCAR has to run all races once to the left, and then turn it around and race back to the right.  Olympic bobsledding will now be timed on how fast the team can push the sled up the track.  Equestrian will require the horse to jump over the obstacles backwards.  Chess will now have 4 layers of pieces for each side.  The #2 pencil will now be a #4 pencil.

I hope you are seeing my point here.
-------------

See, I'm not evil just here- I spread the wealth around.  big_smile

Whoa.  Penn State just pounded Iowa into the ground.  New school administration, new football staff, new culture.  Now go help the victims, whatever it takes.  Make me proud of my school again.

So glad my Michigan Wolverines beat Michigan State Spartans today!  Huge rivalry and UofM hasn't won since 2007.  Back and forth game, 2 points decided the fate, it was intense.  I was screaming and swearing at my tv so bad, I had to buy my tv flowers.

Purdue took OSU into overtime today (Purdue lost).  But OSU is coming to PSU next week.  We'll see what we can do for you.  smile

Da bears are 7-1. smile
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/50258_285178823844_4170407_n.jpg

Bears beat down the Titans.

Chargers break a 3 game losing streak and are now at 4-4. The Broncos are looking pretty damn good at 5-3 with Manning at the helm now, and are gonna be tough to compete with.

Seahawks snap out of their funk and beat the Vikings 30-20.

The Pack are looking pretty good, especially with everyone they have out.  They're just not clicking though.

Yeah Helly, the Bear's D is looking sick, as much as I hate it.

Penn State won.  Eagles play Monday night.
So many near upsets in the college ranks this weekend.  ND in triple OT, Alabama with a last minute drive, the Oregon-USC slugfest (1350 yards!).  Fun weekend, I was hoping for a few more upsets to continue last weekends trend.  Oh well.

Alabama is still undefeated and the Atlanta Falcons still haven't loss, so things are going good for me so far. Very nervous about Alabama playing Texas A&M this weekend though.

@az-  Just curious, but would you bench Vick if you were the coach?

I would have fired him last year.

Texas A&M is playing with a lot of heart and currently ahead (29-17), against the #1 team in the nation Alabama.

Damn, Bama lost. Oh well, can't win them all. Still should make it to the SEC Championship game.

@UDog- I just remembered our season-long NFL bet.  Looks like neither of our teams are lighting it up, eh?  lol

Penn State lost.  Some iffy ref/review calls, but like they say- play better and you don't have to worry about the refs.  Proud of the team for not just tanking the entire year.

^ Yea, our teams will be fortunate to finish at 500. Ah' well. As long as we finish above the Raiders, I'll be o.k  smile