Re: Top 300 horror films that MUST be seen before you die.

Question for everyone-
For films that start with "The," like The Thing, would it be better to have it as "The Thing" or "Thing, The" as the title listing.  I personally always do it as "[xxx], The" since the "The" just tends to be superfluous.  Remember, we're dealing with a spreadsheet, not a Google search engine.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-11-02 04:11:56)

For a long list of films I would suggest putting 'the' at the end of the name in brackets like this; (The) smile

It's the most annoying thing about all the films I have stored on my computer, the folder alphabeticises them but puts all films with a 'The' prefix in the T section. It's so frustrating, sometimes it can take me up to 30 seconds to find a film starting with 'The'. And 30 seconds is a long time for me!!!

Personallly, I store every file with The in front like for my cover images it's FilmTheGnagnagna.jpg but for a spreadsheet, it would probably better to stick it at the end into [***].
Whatever it is doesn't bother me at all really...

I agree otherwise the T section is half the list.

I think the consensus is to put "The" at the end.  It will be fixed.

Is there an easy way of doing it? Or does it all have to be re-entered?

^^
Nah, we just need to put the "The" at the end of the movie name (like "Thing, The").  Just takes a little bit of time.  Plus we still have to fill out the 2 genre sections and the IDDB ratings column.  If you want to help, feel free.

SPreadsheet here, anyone can edit it.

We know there are some errors.  Any help is appreciated.

I'll be getting back on it soon, just been catching up with some movies

^^
Babe, you've earned some rest.  There's no rush on this project.