Re: Getting to know each other

I have two nightmares actually. The first one I am trying to get away from zombies and I run to this barn only to find out my family are also zombies and I have to shoot them all. I can still remember how it felt to shoot my brother. Woke up crying for that one. Second my brother was Micheal Myers and I was stabbing him. I woke up in hysterics with that one screaming at the top of my lungs. I am prone to nightmares anyway though
same q

I don't tend to have nightmares per se, but I do remember waking up in tears from this one, about a year ago. I was at the sort of amusement park/train station cross with my girlfriend. She got on this swan ride, big swans going round and round on a lake and I stayed to watch. As she got going I somehow realised it was taking her away and I'd never see her again and I was screaming and crying in the dream, with loads of people holding me back from getting to her. Eurgh. It was awful, I can still remember it vividly now

Same Q

JackBurton wrote:

...I couldn't believe how Certain I was that those poor girls were Witches..

But did you weigh them against a duck?  Everyone knows that is the true way to determine if someone is a witch!

I've had two nightmares that have stuck with me for years.

The first I remember from when i was 4 (the only thing I remember from that age). I was dreaming that two decrepit witches has were rising up the side of my bed. I snapped out of sleep to look over and see the same thing at my real bedside, I was unable to move or scream. I remember trying to make a noise and nothing but a grunt coming out. Though I could clearly see around my room. That's sleep paralysis, which of course at the time I had no idea what that was.

The second was a dream that I had when I was in high school. My mother was driving a convertible with my brother and I down a back alley that lead to a place to pay off ones credit card (called Vit Vita in the dream). So we get out of the car to go in, and a gang shows up and tries to car jack us. They get in and try to drive away, I jumped on the back of the car and pushed the convertible roof under the steering wheel so the carjacker could not drive (not possible I know). They haul me off the roof and put a gun to my head. I hear him pull the trigger, the bang, and then i feel warmth on my temples and my vision fades to black, just as my vision is fading I hear my brother cry out "Oh my god, they killed him". I woke up in a deep sweat with the burning feeling still in my temples.

Also JackBurton, that's an awesome story.

Last edited by Theli (2012-10-31 03:01:58)

I don't have nightmares about horror movies at all. Even thou I'm scared of these long-haired asian ghost.

Theli wrote:

Also JackBurton, that's an awesome story.

Thanks Theli,  considering I was like 21 and certainly not inclined to belive in black Magic...

Your second dream sounds pretty terryfying too.

I had a dream that wasn't really a nightmare, but just before I woke up, I remember walking down a street and a lady friend of mine passed me by on her bike, turned the corner and was floored by a Mack Truck...I mean squashed like a bug.  I remember running up to her and just seeing her squished, broken body leaking all over the pavement and then Waking up.  Needless to say, when I met her for coffee that morning...there were some uncomfortable silences...I never told her about it...seriously how do you broach the subject?

Last edited by JackBurton (2012-10-31 08:56:07)

"How are you doing today?"
"I had this awesome dream last night."
"Oh?  About what?"
"You got ran over by tractor trailer."
"Check please!"
lol

Truly the perfect pick up line;
"You look familiar. Oh yeah, I've seen you in my dreams..." *wink* "...when you got ran over by a mack truck."

^^

http://img.math-fail.com/images-old/nice.jpg

Maybe if you bought her a drink first.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/07/article-1071289-02ED047300000578-224_468x477.jpg

azathoth wrote:
JackBurton wrote:

...I couldn't believe how Certain I was that those poor girls were Witches..

But did you weigh them against a duck?  Everyone knows that is the true way to determine if someone is a witch!

Who are you is so wise in the ways of science!??!??

Two nightmares leap to mind, first one was when I was around 8 or 9 and I had this vivid dream, almost as if I was a wake that this alien with a triangular shaped head was looking at me through that gap between door and jam and about to enter my room. That one scared me for days afterwards.

The other one seems rather daft but about three years ago I suffered this terrible dream that Karl the Butcher Shitter from the 'Violent Shit' films was chasing me down an alley and he kept hacking the backs of my legs with a machete as I was vainly crawling away from him like in Violent Shit part 2. I know it prolly sounds ridiculous but I was bloody well traumatised when I woke up. I had the cold sweats and everything!

To showcase just how ludicrous it is to be unconciously scared shitless by Karl the Butcher Shitter - here he is:
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/woodenheart_2008/VSII-1-1.jpg

^^
Don't worry about the alien, that was just my buddy DOS Funkengroovin.  He's very gentle with the probe.

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/DOS_Funkengroovin.JPG

Rockin' the Darth Maul Pancho and everything

HI i'M new here hows it going?  i was curious if anyones had a movie that stuck in your mind but can't place the title...you know like stumped?

Yep, happens to me all the time. Do you have any particular film or films in mind?

Yep, we get those "what movie is this?" questions all the time.  We run about a 98% success rate for those.

New Q:
What's your favourite kind of music?

I've been a metalhead ever since discovering Iron Maiden in 2001 in my first year of high school. Have since accrued over 1000 CDs, mostly heavy metal. Though my tastes have expanded since then, and my collection  has expanded to include some prog, classic rock, punk and classic music, but at the end of the day metal, especially the traditional style, is my weapon of choice. My favourite bands are Cirith Ungol, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Manilla Road, Black Sabbath and Rainbow.

My favorite kind of music ranges from hard rock, hair metal, and 70's music. Some of my favorite bands would be AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Flower Power, Grand Funk Railroad, Talking Heads, and The Pixies.

Same Q

Last edited by Tripod (2012-11-07 15:37:25)

I like so many different kinds of music that it's pretty much impossible for me to pick an absolute favorite.  But I can give a top five list of favorites (no particular order):

80s music (all genres)
Metal
Hard Rock
Grunge
90s alternative rock

Same Q

Stuff like Thin Lizzy or Social Distortion is my fave

Same Q

I'm pretty diverse with music. I enjoy punk, soft rock, classical, alternative, hard rock, latin, and even Disco sometimes.

As for picking a favorite? I'd have to go with hard rock.

Same Q.

I'm all over the place too. My deepest roots are with the Blues, all the way back to the mississippi delta stuff...on to Texas Blues.  But in my teens I listened to a lot of Punk, Hardcore and Death Metal.  Definitely love 90's rock, grunge, stoner rock. Also Prog, Southern Rock, Flamenco, Jazz, Folk...hell, even old Country and Western (but not new country).

Basically anything that I can steal a guitar riff is something I'll listen to. Pop, Electro and Classical tend to fail this test for me personally...but there's always exceptions.

Same Q

50's/60'srock n roll, country, country rock, indie. Like to hear a song sung rather than shouted,screamed or synthesized.
the likes of Billy Fury, Shakin Stevens, Rick Nelson, Neil Diamond, John Denver, Eddie Cochran, Elvis of course.......oh loads of the old uns smile
Also like oasis,cast,levellers.
same q