Re: Who here bought Cabin in the Woods?

hah well they wouldn't control the monster.  They would only activate it by getting the biker's drunk enough to kill the kid.  Then it would all play out from there.

I was just imaging them playing with joysticks like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots!  lol

Finally got it and watched it, this movie was absolutely awesome. It has some generic moments to it, but it was great. i loved all the cliche moments and how well it made fun of everything without pulling a "Scary Movie" parody spin

Man, saw it yesterday and the monsters scene at the end and the cubes stuff was just a freaking blast. I love bloodbaths like this.
"Would have been a nice week end."
Well it was a totally entertaining one for me the watcher. Thank you Whedon for getting us a part of your crazy wild sick imagination once more. Thank you.

After a long time i have seen such a good Horror and Sci Movie with unique theme. Must watch movie.

i unfortunately bought it because i think it's crap! am i the only one? come on!

wolfman1959 wrote:

i unfortunately bought it because i think it's crap! am i the only one? come on!

Nah, you're not alone - check out the second page of this thread.

Very diverse opinions about this one. Interesting.

^^
You'd be surprised.  Lon hates Jaws, some can't stand the original Halloween, I don't like Devil's Rejects, etc.

For Cabin, I thought it was a nice one-shot movie; once you've seen all the twists the plot goes through the first time, there's not much holding it up on subsequent viewings.  I was really into the 1st time, then on the 2nd & 3rd viewings, I got to "meh."  Though Brad Whitford + Merman = comedy gold!

i didn't see one original bit in it! it was just stupid and was done much much better in "Westworld" and the controllers were a bunch of idiots. the five characters i couldn't care less about, in fact all five of them were annoying( some more than others i will admit). just don't see how this has got so much positive vibes. don't get it and i am a great horror fan as most of you know. i just thought it was stupid and you know what i think this has toppled "Blair Witch Project" as the horror film that gets me bristling! hated it mad

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-11-11 10:41:45)

I just think it's pretty funny that people come up with reasons to hate this movie that were all intentional as hell. Of course the characters were stupid and cliché, that was the entire point of the movie. Of course the third act was way over the top and silly, that was intentional. I feel like you have to dig deeper in order to really enjoy this movie for what it is: a celebration of the horror genre and a wake-up call for everyone who is into the really generic, silly modern mainstream horror. It's a breath of fresh air that the genre really needed, and I hope that more people will look into horror more because of this film, instead of watch the next Paranormal Activity/Final Destination/*insert any remake/rip-off* and worship it like people (used to) do with The Exorcist and classic stuff like that.

I just LOVED all the clichés to old classics. And the ending man, that Blood bath and amazing creatures was freaking too cool.
Josh Whedon is GOD!!!

And no I won't say that I truely freaking HATE The Exorcist with a passion.

kXnPunk wrote:

I won't say that I truely freaking HATE The Exorcist with a passion.

So you don't hate the Exorcist!  I knew you'd come around.  wink

^^^
Hahahaha That little song got me. Ta dam pim poum pim paw poum  tadada pam... big_smile

i bought  it . watched it after a while then sold it on E Bay within a week was so disapointed with it. the most over rated , over hyped piece of bilge seen since "Blair Witch Project" in fact i think it has overtaken that film in the hatred stakes .hey if you like it, fine we are all different but i just didn't get it. it did nothing for me and i was completely underwhelmed. am i thick? probably ! do i care? nah! :I

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-05-24 14:37:20)

Levi wrote:

I just think it's pretty funny that people come up with reasons to hate this movie that were all intentional as hell. Of course the characters were stupid and cliché, that was the entire point of the movie. Of course the third act was way over the top and silly, that was intentional. I feel like you have to dig deeper in order to really enjoy this movie for what it is: a celebration of the horror genre and a wake-up call for everyone who is into the really generic, silly modern mainstream horror. It's a breath of fresh air that the genre really needed, and I hope that more people will look into horror more because of this film, instead of watch the next Paranormal Activity/Final Destination/*insert any remake/rip-off* and worship it like people (used to) do with The Exorcist and classic stuff like that.

?????????

Wolfy - Maybe its cuz you don't really understand horror.  wink  I'm totally kidding, it was just a joke, please everyone relax.  Wolfy knows more about horror than I ever will. 

There are a lot of horror fans that didn't like the movie for a lot of legitimate reasons.  Cabin seems to have really peeked right away, as there were immediate amazing reviews...then slowly the negative opinions became more prevalent.

I enjoyed it and am hoping to give it a 2nd viewing tonight, or at least this weekend.

Great movie. And the fact that you really can't watch Evil Dead any more without thinking about Cabin In The Woods just further cements how great it is.

I do know people who didn't like it, but that's pretty much how everything is. No matter how good a movie is, someone somewhere will hate it, and no matter how shitty a movie is, someone somewhere will love it.

I would prefer not to think about a average movie while watching a masterpiece myself. But there you go.

I can watch Evil Dead without thinking about Cabin but can't watch Cabin without thinking of Evil dead.

For me Cabin was above average though. Yeah it wasn't flawless but a good time was had. Something opening up a movie and exploring it's innards can ruin it for people. I think too many people are too busy looking for hidden meanings they forget the genre is sometimes supposed to be fun. I thought Cabin reminded me of Scream which is my favourite horror movie apart from Nightmare on elm street.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Wolfy - Maybe its cuz you don't really understand horror.  wink  I'm totally kidding, it was just a joke, please everyone relax.  Wolfy knows more about horror than I ever will. 

There are a lot of horror fans that didn't like the movie for a lot of legitimate reasons.  Cabin seems to have really peeked right away, as there were immediate amazing reviews...then slowly the negative opinions became more prevalent.

I enjoyed it and am hoping to give it a 2nd viewing tonight, or at least this weekend.

then i wish you luck Ghostie !  and maybe you're right perhaps i don't really understand horror?i don't really understand anything, the world, people, me! ho hum better go back under my rock. bye!

There's so much different opinions about this one it's crazy.
The ones that like it like it a whole lot and the ones that don't really don't. I think it's fun to see everybody has various opinions.

I actually enjoyed it more the second time which I find surprising considering I knew what it was about (obviously).  Think this is a great movie.

Just to make this absolutely clear - I respect everyone's right not to like this movie.  I remember there were some people that posted on the other Thread (search function not working and I'm not going to try to find it) about some contradictions and flaws they found in the movie.  I know Lon wrote some of those.  Off had I don't remember what those are but am curious now. 

Wolfy I truly meant it when I wrote that you know more about horror than I ever will.  You and I are two of the only people in the world (if not the only people) that like House of 1000 Corpses more than Devil's Rejects, so I always consider us brothers in a way.  smile  Plus, I think you like Hostel if I remember right...I do as well, and again that seems to be rare.

Ghostseeker wrote:

I actually enjoyed it more the second time which I find surprising considering I knew what it was about (obviously).  Think this is a great movie.

Just to make this absolutely clear - I respect everyone's right not to like this movie.  I remember there were some people that posted on the other Thread (search function not working and I'm not going to try to find it) about some contradictions and flaws they found in the movie.  I know Lon wrote some of those.  Off had I don't remember what those are but am curious now. 

Wolfy I truly meant it when I wrote that you know more about horror than I ever will.  You and I are two of the only people in the world (if not the only people) that like House of 1000 Corpses more than Devil's Rejects, so I always consider us brothers in a way.  smile  Plus, I think you like Hostel if I remember right...I do as well, and again that seems to be rare.

Ghostie! i hope you received my reply to your message that you sent to me, that should clear things up you big softie! smile
but now you have gone and upset me, Hostel!!? smile   
no actually i didn't hate it but and this is just my opinion i thought Hostel was very average and unintresting. Hostel 2 i quite like and definitely an improvement. yes i agree with you on " House Of  A Thousand Corpses" think it is a LOT better than "Devil's Rejects" although Devil's Rejects" is ok it does not come over as a horror film, just a nasty "Road Movie".
and ghostie truthfully stop worrying it's ok to disagree with me and if you or anyone did upset me i think there is a good chance that you'll know when you have. smile
  like the bloody spam bot robot does everytime! sheesh! stop ruining my posts you computerised *******er ! mad   DOH!

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-05-26 04:11:03)

Yes, I got your message thanks.  smile  Just from your post I thought I had irked you.  Since you're everyone's favorite here, and everyone hates me, if I pizzed you off I'd be ostracized.  smile

Ok, then maybe it wasn't Hostel, but I do know there are two movies you and I pretty much stand alone on.

*** EDIT ***

Ha!  Took some digging but I knew there was something.  From this Thread:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=30966

wolfman1959 wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Hostel 3

Yes, I'm aware everyone here other than me hates the entire Hostel series.

well i quite like Hostel 2. haven't seen 3.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-05-26 15:05:31)