Topic: Bad habits created from horror movies

There are people who develops bad habits from watching these horror films. I'm one of them, colleting variety of knives and stuffs that can harm people, even sharpened my letter opener to the (insert correct word here) that it can cut my hair with some little push.
So do you people develops stuffs like that, even in the past?

Re: Bad habits created from horror movies

Not seeing the connection here.  Knives are useful.  I live in area that has the occasional breaking and entering, and home invasions.  My dad has several guns, for reasons of his own.

If we're talking about killing pets, animals, eating people- then I could connect that to horror movie bad habits (or more likely, just being a socio- or psychopath).

If anything, I've learned good habits from horror movies.  Check your backseat before getting into your car, lock your door(s) before going to bed, don't pick up hitchhikers, if you here weird noises don't going wandering about in the dark screaming "HELLO?  ANYBODY THERE?"  Always have situational awareness in unfamiliar places, if you're going to go someplace weird, let people know your itinerary.

One bad habit I have developed:

Boring my Non-Horror Geek friends with details about movies and stars they have never heard of.
Most of my co-workers had no idea who George Romero is! (sad but true)  Of course I took it upon myself to "educate" them.  I saw many glassed over looks that day!

^^
You'd figure "Guy who made Night of the Living Dead" would be enough.  Within the English speaking world, who hasn't at least heard about the film?  (Bollywood has "Night of the Living Dead Musical Dancers")

I suppose this could be construed as a bad habit, but giving out knowledge about stuff tends to be a good thing, unless you're obnoxious about it.  Somehow DG, I don't think you'd be obnoxious.

Not obnoxious but I could tell I was boring them to tears.  It was the day before I was to go see Romero and I was so excited I wanted to tell anyone who would listen...haha   There are people out there that have no interest in Zombies, Monsters, or Vampires!  Weird huh?  lol

I keep a body collection buried in the backyard but that's totally unrelated to horror films.  That's from Disney Channel

What I do with the knives.... stabbing and cutting stuffs in my room pretending that I'm some sort of a spin-off of Ghostface.

A Lost Boy wrote:

What I do with the knives.... stabbing and cutting stuffs in my room pretending that I'm some sort of a spin-off of Ghostface.

Don't lie, you keep mannequin dolls in your room like in Maniac, lol

Smoking cigarettes, because I thought John Constantine looked so cool while smoking.

Only bad habit I can think of that comes from horror movies is: I stay up later than I should on work days, and am then tired at work. But it's worth it!

Gardenofstone10 wrote:
A Lost Boy wrote:

Don't lie, you keep mannequin dolls in your room like in Maniac, lol

Nah thats me lol

DirtyGirl wrote:

One bad habit I have developed:

Boring my Non-Horror Geek friends with details about movies and stars they have never heard of.
Most of my co-workers had no idea who George Romero is! (sad but true)  Of course I took it upon myself to "educate" them.  I saw many glassed over looks that day!

Same here. My coursemates at uni get fed up with me talking about Horror constantly, usually when im trying to convince them that horror movies aren't dumb and corrupting trash.

Heh.
Vamps knows almost everyone that stops by on Skype at this point, and my mom, being a big baseball fan, knows about Lon and UDog from our bets (and your respective teams).

^
Hey aza u diggin my new avatar. Its a sophisticated (monocle) Jason Voorhees.

^^
Ah, wasn't sure what it was.  Did you make another one a few weeks ago?

Vas and DG, that's the same how I got hyped-up when telling about horror movies witht either my class, families....

making skidmarks in my underpants?