Topic: What is this movie?

So, I saw this horror/thriller film on TV maybe year 2001 or 2002. I remember some scenes from it, not sure if it's a made-for-tv film.

So, one scene had something to do with a some person in a field, corn field if I remember right. That's pretty much what I remember about that scene. Another scene had a man smoke a cigarette in some dark area. You could pretty much just see his hand, the cigarette and an ashtray. The hand put out the cigarette in the ashtray and then the man took some cigarette ash from the ashtray and applied it on his face(probably to not get recognized, because he was a murderer of some kind).

Then there was a scene of the man on the roof of some kind of a small office building, spying on a man that was inside the building(the roof had a window or something). The man walked out and the murderer followed him with some kind of an axe or hatchet. I don't remember if the murderer killed the man, but I remember that there might have been some kind of a narrator speaking in that scene while the camera followed the murderer.

So, that's pretty much all I remember. Asked this film in many places, but nobody seems to know. I hope I finally get some answers here.

Re: What is this movie?

The X Files movie?

Well, I have to check that one out. Does it have a scene with a person putting cigarette ashes on his face?

It does have a character named "The Cigarette Smoking Man," due to his non-stop smoking, but I can't remember if he put any ashes on his face.

I think it's not the X-Files, but thanks anyway. If anyone has any other suggestions, please tell us.

It's probably not because X files is from 1998.  Around that time there were a lot of crappy children of the corn sequels.  Only other movie from that time frame with corn field is Signs and of course, that's not what you're thinking about.  Sorry I couldn't be more help, my mind has been burnt out after such a grueling week.  If I think of anything I'll let you know

Yeah, but I saw the movie on TV so it could be from pretty much any year before 2001 or 2002.

And from what I remember, the cornfield thing could not even be very relevant to the movie's plot. I think the scenes with the killer putting cigarette ash on his face and spying some guy on a roof of an office building are much more important to keep an eye out for while searching this movie.

I really hope I will find out someday, I remember being pretty scared while watching it.

Bumping this for our later night people.

Wish I knew really. Nice way to hide a face using smoke ash I find.
But I don't.

Bumping again.  C'mon folks, you trying to drag down our success rate?

No one can figure this one out?

Well, it looks very much like this film will remain a mystery for years to come...

All info you can give is needed, though.

Not ringing any bells whatsoever...