Topic: 50 days Challenge (Christmas movies)

As it is only 52 Days to go now, For Christmas (This Cold weather is also getting me in the mood already, (my house Freezing cold , no heating on Until Mid November, (unless people come over) that rule in are household)

Before people start posting it's early to watch Christmas post when your ready.

From Sunday I will be see many Christmas movies as I can (As I got all horror of out of me for this Halloween, As there are only few Christmas horror movies ,that Are worth watching)

(As Silent Night (2012) remake ( of Silent Night, Deadly Night) is coming out later this month. i Will Be seeing whole Silent Night, Deadly Night series.)

Can anyone recommend any Christmas movies,You thought good or you thought they were really bad (I have liked some bad Christmas movies in the past. (No Musicals please)

And thanks in Advance

Re: 50 days Challenge (Christmas movies)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Gremlins
the Nightmare before Christmas
Scrooged

I thought the Silent Night, Deadly Night remake didn't come out til next year. YAY!! Looking forward to that one this Chrimbo.

Die Hard - Now I have a machine gun - ho ho ho! big_smile
P2
Santa's Slay (not the best but worth the price alone to see James Caan getting violently murdered with a turkey drumstick!!)
Elf - a modern classic
Terror in Toyland, at least that's what my version's called, I think it's more widely known as 'Christmas Evil', anyway, it's good so watch it!
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale and also it's Spanish Namesake 'The' Christmas Tale (Cuento de Navidad) from the 'Six Films to Keep You Awake Series' - they're both excellent.
Home Alone - nuff said
The Snowman - not sure if this charming animation is well known overseas or not but it's on every Christmas here in England and it's bound to fill you with Christmas cheer.

Oh yeah, and loads and loads of others that I can't think of right now haha!

I love the original Silent Night, Deadly Night. It's such a cheesy slasher (which is good). But I've seen nothing from the remake yet and it's out in a month or so, which is worrying.

Here are a few of my favorites: 

Santa's Slay- pretty funny

Silent Night, Deadly Night- 80s slasher with nuns!

Rare Exports is really good but Saint was just ok.

Jack Frost- Really cheesy but a fun watch.

Gremlins- my favorite christmas movie after national lampoon and A Christmas Story

Black Christmas (orig)- excellent 70s slasher

Christmas Evil- exploitation style christmas movie

Tales From the Crypt- The first segment is christmas and the TV show did a remake of it.

Dead End- Really Creepy ghost story about a family traveling on christmas eve

I enjoyed Rare Exports quite a bit aswell.

I have heard some good things about Wind Chill aswell (but not watched it yet though).

^ Wind Chill is a enjoyable movie.

If u looking to buy any Arrow are releasing Christmas Evil on their label in their usual awesome packaging

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/Xenomorph85/ArrowChristmasEvilSmaller_zpsb0eb4aba.jpg

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-11-02 16:49:02)

^ I actually added that to my Amazon Cart today, releasing on the 12th of November. As always, cover is epic. Arrow are awesome.

We did this for last Christmas' Movie Night.

Reminds me I need to come up with some films for this year....

I like Watching Edward Scissorhands during Christmas

wind chill I watch it every christmas

Mystery Science Theater 3000 did episodes of two Christmas movies: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Santa Claus.

Thanks, I will be starting tomorrow morning

Which would you guys was the best (Include Animations)  A Christmas Carol /scrooge movie?
there about so many of then now

Any other good funny or (Even bad ones) Christmas movies?

I Will be counting backwards

Day 50
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

I never seen this movie full before, I always seem to see bits of the movie, now I have seen the whole movie

This movie dose start of really Dark as Kid see a Santa killing his parents.

I really liked they we the back story for first half hour of him dealing with aftermath of killing and seeing how much he effect thought out the whole movie.

There the movie fast forward 10 years and now it 18 and working at store, still be affected by the past, as come once Christmas, it too much for be to handle and cranks.

The death scenes in this movie not too gory, there were some decent death scenes and the acting was decent from the whole cast for this kinda of movie

I enjoyed the whole movie and some fun moment in the movie may make you laugh a little more dark humor.

Over this was decent slasher movie, 7 out of 10

Scrooge (1951)
I think this as to be the oldest movie I have seen,

This was a really good adaption of the movie, this movie was very well acted from mr Scrooge he was outstanding.

When the first ghost pop up and screaming (My Dog barked at him). The echoing was bit odd, I sure that creep some kids out.

The movie was not boring at all and it flowed really well and the ending was really nice, get in the mood for Christmas for sure.

The Dog Who Saved Christmas (2009)

Basically this is Home Alone again but with Dog, this family want Guard dogs for Christmas and As husband goes to get this dogs, The dogs he see reminds of he own pet when it was a kid, however Suze Can not bark.

The most of the movie was really about when WILL Suze will be barking, they even trick Suze to see if he barks with a Fake Robber.

Then after movie get really predicable (I normal sad or teary when I find sad scenes in dogs movie) This movie did even not make feel bad for kids at all, I didn't feel that was were really connected to the dogs at.

There were some funny moment in the movie, I laugh at some scenes in this movie But I thought it would have been much more funny then it was.

The acting was really mixed from most the cast, I forgot her name in this movie, The Morgan her name in Sarbina the Teenage witch show , seem really bored in this movie, it like see didn't really wanted in this movie at all, all are lines felt like she forced then out.

The acting was pretty poor as even for Kids movie, I know kids won't notice but adults won't like it.

4 out of 10 (I Hope the sequel are better lol)

Day 49
The Dog Who Saved Christmas (2009)

Basically this is Home Alone again but with Dog, this family want Guard dogs for Christmas and As husband goes to get this dogs, The dogs he see reminds of he own pet when it was a kid, however Suze Can not bark.

The most of the movie was really about when WILL Suze will be barking, they even trick Suze to see if he barks with a Fake Robber.

Then after movie get really predicable (I normal sad or teary when I find sad scenes in dogs movie) This movie did even not make feel bad for kids at all, I didn't feel that was were really connected to the dogs at.

There were some funny moment in the movie, I laugh at some scenes in this movie But I thought it would have been much more funny then it was.

The acting was really mixed from most the cast, I forgot her name in this movie, The Morgan her name in Sarbina the Teenage witch show , seem really bored in this movie, it like see didn't really wanted in this movie at all, all are lines felt like she forced then out.

The acting was pretty poor as even for Kids movie, I know kids won't notice but adults won't like it.

4 out of 10 (I Hope the sequel are better lol)

Day 48
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
This as got to be the oldest movie, I have seen so far, I know for sure this is first movie that I have seen of the 40's.

I really enjoyed, I didn't think would like as not to keen on Black and White but over the last few years, I have been adjusting to them slowly.

This very good movie, while watching this movie you have really used all emotions for this movie.

I found this movie very entertaining and it never got boring at all, there were some really funny parts in this movie, that you laugh out loud.

There are some people in this movie that you can't stand, that annoys you a little, that is what is meant happen.

This is great family movie, (I did see 1994 version once before, I not seen for while, I how not aware that was second remake of this movie as it was already remade (1973), which I only just found out)

This movie is perfect Christmas Storymovie to watch with the whole family .

I watch Christmas movies all the time.  A favorite of my wife and I to watch, other than the obvious Christmas Story and Vacation, is Christmas with the Kranks.  It's a lot of fun and underappreciated, we feel.

I have Christmas with the Kranks on DVD, It's a fun movie.

Day 47

Christmas Every Day (TV 1996)

13 year old boy, who dose like Christmas, that being be rude and nasty but soon when He tells his sister that Santa is not real, she then wish it would xmas every day.

And her wish come true, that the boy keeps waking up on Xmas down

Before you say they rip-off Groundhog down, this is actually remake of Christmas Every Day (TV 1996) and also was remade again Christmas Do over.

This was really good and sweet movie, at a lot stuff happens in this movie, there funny moment in this movie.

Acting was really good movie, this great movie to for Xmas (My brother want to use this computer)

8 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2012-11-08 11:06:02)

DAY 46
Prancer (1989)

I did  not like this movie that movie, it didn't have a nice feel to it, the Dad was nasty , The th things in this movie were really unforgivable.

Could not stand him at all,  the only thing i liked in this movie was the connections with girl and Reindeer

The acting was really good from younger cast members they and the rest of the cast,

5 out of 10

The acting was really good from younger cast memebers

Don't forget Sint aka Saint (2010) that is another enjoyable Christmas themed horror flick.

DAY 45
Santa Who? (2000)

I little surprised that I Never heard of this movie before,

Santa is played Leslie Nielsen, who really funny playing Santa in this movie

This was really good and funny Christmas movie,
As Santa as fallen from sky and now as gotten amnesia just days before Christmas even,

Santa landed on The reporter car who lost faith in Santa, when in the orphan when it was child, after we wish never came truth,

As some really funny moment in the movie, it could be even funnier as times, it great good feel Christmas movie for the whole family.

8 out of 10

I enjoy watching The time machine(1960's) ,Home alone,Mickeys christmas carol, One magic christmas and alot of the ones mentioned already..Lampoons christmas,christmas story etc.

Day 44

Snow

This was really nice good feel,as some very funny moment in the move, it nice see Victor from how I met your mother in this movie, Forgot her name in this movie.

The acting was really good and the ending was very happy and maybe a little bit cheesy, the effect were okay for kids movies,

A nice Christmas movie

Day 43
A Christmas Story (1983)

This was really fun Christmas  movie to watch, Every enjoyable for the whole family.

This was great movie, I loved how the movie flowed really well, mix with bits of Drama and lots of very funny scenes both for Kids and Adults.

I loved the older voice over thing was really nice touch on movie, it fits in perfectly.

A perfect ending to really great Christmas movie

9 out of 10

Day 42
Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1964)
I saw the Homer watching this in The Simpsons Christmas episode, last week,

I thought it was okay movie, I hate musical parts, I was Fast forwarding those parts of the movie.

I thought it would have been a lot more funny then it was, I didn't feel not feel Christmas movie.

Day 41
Christmas Do-Over (TV 2006) -
This remake of Christmas Every Day (Which I have only sure for first time this year), I have seen the Do over few times now.

The both are really different in their own way, the is the same, their a lot as changed and I found this bit more of Comedy then Christmas Every Day, which more of Drama.

However this ,more as some really good funny moments in this movie that make you laugh out loud, there the moment's were the jokes don't work and falls flat before they are even over.

This is a decent Christmas move not the best, Kids might enjoy more then adults who can wait for to end.

5 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2012-11-15 05:36:30)

Day 40
Christmas Town (2008)

I did not like this movie at all, I thought I would, A town that likes Christmas a lot.

The rest of the movies was very boring, I didn't really have much going on and the acting from the kids was really poor.

And the ends was really poor!

3 out of 10