Re: The non-horror movie guessing game

Just a random guess.Snow White and The Huntsman?

Husk?

Not Snow White and not Husk guys, think along the lines of a horror take on The Wizard of Oz...

Bump.

Per Fulcento's request, I'm posting a new pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/vlcsnap-2012-11-23-14h43m37s11.png

^^
Goat Humpers #32?  Or just Comic-Con on acid?

Trainspotting. An unforgettably grim film. Good one!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5425/vlcsnap2012112319h57m28.png

Coming to America! big_smile

"Sexual Chocolate!" lol

Love that flick.  Used to watch it frequently back in high school.  Still funny as hell today.

So I guess I'll post one now.
http://oi48.tinypic.com/1zyan7p.jpg

Last edited by Tripod (2012-11-23 15:28:12)

Is that everyone's favourite Irish arse kicker Liam Neeson in Taken? Btw - I haven't seen Taken 2 yet so if it's that I should still be right haha so oi should ta be sure bejasus!!! big_smile

P.s - I have a guilty admission here that I may as well get out of my system. I too used to watch Coming to America loads when I was a teenager, my mates and I even nicknamed one of our pals 'King Jiffy Jaffy Jophur: Ruler of all of Zamunda' (long story that I shan't get into!) Anyway, it wasn't until about two years ago when I bought the DVD that I realised that the barber in the above picture was also played by Eddie Murphy!!!
There's my confession.
Yes, I felt very stupid I hadn't noticed before.
Amen.
Please forgive me! big_smile

Last edited by Fulcento (2012-11-26 11:01:49)

Murphy and Arsenio Hall both played multiple roles in that flick.

Murphy -- the Prince, the barber, the lead singer of Sexual Chocolate, the Jewish guy in the barber shop

Hall -- the Prince's friend, one of the guys in the barber shop, the reverend who introduces Sexual Chocolate, and one of the ladies in the bar scene montage where the Prince and his friend are meeting women

Incidentally, I don't know if you've ever seen it, but years and years ago while still on Saturday Night Live Murphy did a skit where he went undercover as a white man.  It's f***ing hilarious...

http://www.snotr.com/video/422/Eddie_Mu … undercover

Off topic alert but does anyone else reckon that Murphy has a great role left in him? He's been shit in every film since the early nineties. I reckon all he needs is a funny script and he could play an Axel Foley type character all over again. You just can't buy Murphy's comedic timing...
I hope someone offers him a fresh script soon...

I think he does great when he plays against type, like he did in Bowfinger and Dream Girls.  If he were to stick to more indepenent films like that -- because as great as he was in Beverly Hills Cop and 48 Hours, he's played those characters so many times that they're tired now -- then he might be able to breathe some new life into his career. 

So, yeah, I think he still has some more great roles left in him, he just needs to find something richer than the family fodder and slap-stick stuff he's been relying on so much since The Nutty Professor.  Dream Girls proved he's got the chaps to create a living, breathing character with quirks and foibles; I want to see more of that from him, and a whole lot less Pluto Nash.

So after Lonnys spew what the fuck is goin on around here anyways?

I just want to know cause I can, no?

^
yeah, can we have a clue please Tripod...

Alright, it's a comic-book movie and it's based off a popular comic book series the character is featured in.

Kick-Ass?

Nope, it's from Marvel.

Kick-Ass is from Marvel.  And you call yourself a comic fan... tongue

Punisher: War Zone?  And that's a complete guess based on:

1. I've never seen it, because I'm not a fan of the character
2. That I don't recognize the screen cap means it's likely from a movie I haven't seen, and Punisher: War Zone is the only Marvel flick I haven't seen
3. Judging by the amount of blood on the dude's forehead it's from an R-Rated Marvel movie, which means it's none of the A-List Marvel flicks, which are all PG-13.

So, yeah, there's my official guess.  Punisher: War Zone.

Yeah it's from Punisher War Zone. It's your turn big_smile

First time I ever guessed a movie right based on having never seen it. lol

Next pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/vlcsnap-2012-12-05-21h46m32s191.png

It's Stephen Chow in King of Beggars. I'm a bit of a demon when it comes to zany HK cinema even if I do say so myself!

To continue my habit of posting dead dead easy ones then here's the next one, Denzel is a force of nature in my favourite non-horror film of 2007, athough, he'll give himself an heart attack putting this much sugar in his coffee!!!
Sorry, it seems like I either go too obvious or too obscure so take this :
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/236/vlcsnap2012120620h53m22.png

My man! big_smile

Well if Fulcento is right all the best to the worst.... that image isnt even showing so I dont know...... plus I dont know non horror shit unless it ?a wonderful life" jim stewart must have been on shrooms during that shooting