Topic: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

I've been thinking to myself this for some days now and decide to post a thread about Amanda Todd, 15 years old, being bullied by her so called "friends" which led to her dead.


I think the whole thing was just awful, I mean all those people did a very shitty thing, a very shitty thing to her, I know that she flashes her breast but hey people at that age might make mistakes tooo! I don't know how but since there was that incident in every schools tyhat she moves in people were bullying, even in a hallway with 50 people there, even the teachers won't even bother helping the poor teeanger against her "boyfriend" and his girlsfriends.
So I want you guys to say what you think in this thread. May God bless you Amanda, and may Damien protect you.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

Certainly a tragic and heartbreaking case. R.I.P Amanda.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

For those who do not know the story, here is the Wiki entry on her.

1) I feel bad for her and her family.
2) However, she shouldn't have been that stupid.
3) I can't believe they wouldn't let the family into one of the memorials.
4) How great is it that it takes someone's death before they give a poop about what was happening to her?  After all of the abuse she got, she now gets 1/4 million people to have "a moment of silence?" 

Lost Boy wrote:

"May God bless you Amanda, and may Damien protect you."

And what the hell is this supposed to mean?!  Some kind of sick joke?

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

^^ lolz, just say that both Hell and Heaven would bother to love and protecet her. I'm not good at writing jokes and stuffs so it is kinda messed up.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

^^
OK, I see what you're saying, but the Damien bit came off really weird; like she was going to hell or something.  Don't worry about it, we all miss on jokes once in a while.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

I didn't create this topic myself because I had a feeling it's going to split some people because suicide is a very touchy subject among people. So here's my opinion on the whole thing.

Amanda Todd created her own problems, she got naked on camera herself, that's no one elses fault but her own. Then later on down the road, she sleeps with a girl's boyfriend and gets beaten up over it. Although I do not in anyway condone the behavior of the bullies (beating her up over this) - she & everyone else needs to understand that her being bullied happened at her mistakes. Nearly everyone in life is bullied at some point or another, but you don't see them going off and killing themselves.

And at most, I point blame at the media, they are fault too. They are always the ones sugarcoating suicides and saying this great thing about her, and another which is all fair but suicide is not a good thing, nor will it ever be. And I believe if the media keeps it up that way, we'll see an increase of younger people committing suicide because they believe it's an okay thing to do because of the way the media treat everyone elses like Amanda Todd's.

That's my opinion on it, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with it but it's just the way I see it, I will not tell anyone I have the utmost respect and sympathy for her because I don't.

I have sympathy for her whole family and what they must be going through at this time.


(yet again, if I offended anyone I am sorry)

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

This Amanda Todd controversy is a month old, you're kind of late to the discussion Lost Boy.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I didn't create this topic myself because I had a feeling it's going to split some people because suicide is a very touchy subject among people. So here's my opinion on the whole thing.

Amanda Todd created her own problems, she got naked on camera herself, that's no one elses fault but her own. Then later on down the road, she sleeps with a girl's boyfriend and gets beaten up over it. Although I do not in anyway condone the behavior of the bullies (beating her up over this) - she & everyone else needs to understand that her being bullied happened at her mistakes. Nearly everyone in life is bullied at some point or another, but you don't see them going off and killing themselves.

And at most, I point blame at the media, they are fault too. They are always the ones sugarcoating suicides and saying this great thing about her, and another which is all fair but suicide is not a good thing, nor will it ever be. And I believe if the media keeps it up that way, we'll see an increase of younger people committing suicide because they believe it's an okay thing to do because of the way the media treat everyone elses like Amanda Todd's.

That's my opinion on it, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with it but it's just the way I see it, I will not tell anyone I have the utmost respect and sympathy for her because I don't.

I have sympathy for her whole family and what they must be going through at this time.


(yet again, if I offended anyone I am sorry)

Nah, that's a valid way to look at it. It almost sets up a martyr system (at the most extreme way of looking at it). This is definitely a touchy subject and indeed a sad one.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

i read what you wrote Scavenger and i'm not having a go at you( you did put  sorry for any offence) and you are certainly entitled to your opinion and express it but MOST people would not  consider suicide because it's a cool thing to do. i'd guess you haven't been in a position or felt bad enough to consider it ( i hope you haven't, wouldn't wish it on anyone). i know that as well as myself there are many others on here that have tried/ considered it and have friends/ family/ colleagues that have committed it. unless you have felt that way you don't understand . that's all i'm saying.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

I understand where you are coming from, but going back a couple years I did feel like I didn't want to live - but I never acted on them feelings. But nor did I say in my original post it's a "cool" thing to do, I was simply stating that the way the media sugarcoats suicide more young people who don't know the full effects of committing suicide is and with the way the media say this person was great and such but committed suicide, a younger person may look at it and think;

"My life is not worth living, and it seems like a good option"

Something across those lines anyway, because of the media. But my other point was, Amanda made her own problems and then couldn't sort them out. It sounds harsh, but it's just my view on the matter. But I understand what you are saying.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

This is all the inverse.
We've had a girl recently that commited suicide in here 'cause she was bullied.
It's the bulliers that should die.
Not the victims. Weird world.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-19 19:12:50)

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

One of my best friends, who joined the service with me, hung himself in basic training.  Our DI's found him less than a week into basic, having hung himself with some commo wire from a chin-up bar.   Why?  Because he couldn't tough it out for thirteen weeks.  He could have done any number of things to get himself discharged.  Copped a psych plea, protested as a conscientious objector, etc.  But no.  He killed himself.  Because he didn't have the strength to even just scrape by for three months.  It was a stupid, selfish decision, which left me, as one of his best friends, and his entire family -- including a fiancee -- devastated, and with a bunch of questions that will never be answered.

I've had a number of family and friends commit suicide, and so I can say with complete authority that suicide is NEVER the answer.  It's a selfish, cowardly thing to do.  People who do so rarely take into consideration how their death is going to impact their friends and family, most often leaving those they left behind wondering for the rest of their lives, "Was it me?"  or "Was there something I could have done?"

Things can always get better, if you want them to, if you work for it.  And in my experience, both in my personal life and my professional life as a counselor, people who kill themselves simply don't have the strength or courage to tough things out or even put forth the effort to make things better.  I have zero sympathy for a person who does so, but all the feelings in the world for the folks they callously leave behind.  That may seem harsh, but that's the stand my experience has delivered me to.

That said, I feel bad that the girl in question was bullied to the point where she took her own life.  But on the same token, she made consciously bad decisions which led to her being bullied.  Were her choices so bad as to warrant her death?  No.  She didn't kill anyone, she didn't injur anyone.  She just fucked some guy and flashed her boobs.  At worse, she deserves to be called a slut.  She definitely didn't deserve to die, by her own hand or otherwise.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

^ I agree with you 100% Lon - you said it better than I did. I'm glad that I'm not the only one in this thread that feels that way.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

I  had a friend kill herself when I was in high school, I myself have tried twice and let me tell you i know its selfish i know I would hurt people but when I am in that mind set my thoughts are they will get over it, go on with their lives because they have to.  Selfish as it maybe I dont think some people understand how much pain you have to be in to want to not be anymore. To think everyone would be better off without you, thinking you are a burden on everyone else because of the way you are.  Its an awful feeling.Knowing you dont have the strength to continue is terrifying. and as for people who think its an easy way out that decision is no where near easy a it hurts. As for Amanda its sad that she did this yes but how many other people kids killed themselves and didnt get do not get the recognition because they arent popular or pretty?  it breaks my heart

Last edited by revengebiteme (2012-11-19 22:40:19)

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

@Lon- spot on.
I was the only one at home when mom got the call from whoever that my uncle was dead, probably by suicide.  So I went and hugged her, and she said, "It's my fault."  (While dad was still working, mom would give her brother money every once in a while, 'cause he was an awful business man.  Then dad retired, mom got sick, no free money to give.)  So I got a sobbing mom who feels guilty for something she had no control over.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

My opinion is surprisingly (to me anyway) different than most other's here.  I respect the other opinions and I'm not looking for a fight.

She was a young girl at a very vulnerable time.  That bullying suffocated and tortured her everyday, probably almost every second.  I get that suicide is selfish and don't disagree but c'mon all, FIFTEEN years old.

Clearly we all have been touched by suicide.  I have too, many times, and have been with the families as they weep, been there when they found out.  I know what it does to them.

I also know people here have been bullied.  There are different degrees though.  To say "tough it out" just doesn't recognize the extent some people go through.  When its almost everyone against them, all the time...every thing they say, do, dress like...attacked.  It can be overwhelming and look like no way out.  I get what most you all are saying, but it was a FIFTEEN year old girl that made some mistakes and was betrayed.

Man, I hate bullies.   Honestly, if I was a kid in this cyber day and age, I do not know if I woulda made it.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

As someone who tried to commit suicide like about 7 times, I can understand. NOT approve but understand. When you're stuck deep down in the depression cave, there is just one thing you think about and it's to end the mental pain. Now that I'm out of it, I realize how stupid I would've been if it worked but I really didn't care when I was into these moments. It's sad that it happens so often but if someone was near them [friends, REAL ones and family] it probably wouldn't have happened.
Yeah it's selfish, I totally agree but the pain you feel isn't anybody's, YOU live it.

Now I try to support organisations against it as much as I can. They just need a helping hand.
Screw bullies. Over and over again.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-20 01:28:29)

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

^ Well said man.

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

Tripod wrote:

This Amanda Todd controversy is a month old, you're kind of late to the discussion Lost Boy.

But she died like less than 15 daysd ago....

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

^^
October 10th.  Try 40 days ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

Oh sh*t why do I always thought of this month as October? It's like already 2012 and still thought it was still 2010!

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

LoudLon wrote:

One of my best friends, who joined the service with me, hung himself in basic training.  Our DI's found him less than a week into basic, having hung himself with some commo wire from a chin-up bar.   Why?  Because he couldn't tough it out for thirteen weeks.  He could have done any number of things to get himself discharged.  Copped a psych plea, protested as a conscientious objector, etc.  But no.  He killed himself.  Because he didn't have the strength to even just scrape by for three months.  It was a stupid, selfish decision, which left me, as one of his best friends, and his entire family -- including a fiancee -- devastated, and with a bunch of questions that will never be answered.

I've had a number of family and friends commit suicide, and so I can say with complete authority that suicide is NEVER the answer.  It's a selfish, cowardly thing to do.  People who do so rarely take into consideration how their death is going to impact their friends and family, most often leaving those they left behind wondering for the rest of their lives, "Was it me?"  or "Was there something I could have done?"

Things can always get better, if you want them to, if you work for it.  And in my experience, both in my personal life and my professional life as a counselor, people who kill themselves simply don't have the strength or courage to tough things out or even put forth the effort to make things better.  I have zero sympathy for a person who does so, but all the feelings in the world for the folks they callously leave behind.  That may seem harsh, but that's the stand my experience has delivered me to.

That said, I feel bad that the girl in question was bullied to the point where she took her own life.  But on the same token, she made consciously bad decisions which led to her being bullied.  Were her choices so bad as to warrant her death?  No.  She didn't kill anyone, she didn't injur anyone.  She just fucked some guy and flashed her boobs.  At worse, she deserves to be called a slut.  She definitely didn't deserve to die, by her own hand or otherwise.

Lon , i've said many times in the past and i hope you know that i respect you and i do understand what you're saying about the friends and family that are left behind, but the point is when it gets really bad you don't think about those things, you just want to die. if you think that's selfish and cowardly that's your opinion but i've been there seriously twice, and  i know that makes me a double coward and failure because i'm still here and i have known at least three people who have committed suicide. one  was a close friend that still haunts  me at times  because i saw him hours before he did it but i didn't suspect a thing.
i can talk about the way i feel and have felt  more now as i was told not to keep it all inside but to be honest i didn't feel much better when i let it all out. we all have our demons and shit i have mine and still do . the honest truth is i've tried to end it all three times, twice in my twenties ( only one of which was serious i must admit) and once when i was 50, three years ago, where i had all sorts of repercussions and was treated like a criminal , because i tried it at work, i took an overdose. my bag. yeah the truth is i've failed twice and i don't think there will be a third time . i won't go on , this  Amanda Todd case i don't really know the facts, i know she did some " Silly things" but that may have been because of her state of mind or just her youth.   i just can't feel angry at someone who has commited suicide, i'm sorry. i certainly disagree with you on this but we can  agree to disagree.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-11-20 16:12:40)

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

^this

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

It's all good, Wolfie.  I'm aware this particular subject is one of the very, very few you and I disagree on.  I don't take it personally; I hope you don't either.  You know I'm a fan of The Dave. smile

Re: About Amanda Todd's being bullied.

LoudLon wrote:

It's all good, Wolfie.  I'm aware this particular subject is one of the very, very few you and I disagree on.  I don't take it personally; I hope you don't either.  You know I'm a fan of The Dave. smile

then all is well my friend ! smile   let's drink up. belch loudly and let out a hearty "BOLLOCKS" ! smile

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-11-20 19:05:24)