Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Martyrs

So I finally watched this movie and...I just don't get it, like...I don't understand what I am suppose to like about this? The first section of the film is decent at most, it's interesting. Then the second part comes along, and this is where my main problems lie. Anna is captured and we follow that part way too long, how many times do I have to watch some dude beat her over and over with no dialogue? It's just boring, borderline frustrating.

Maybe I just don't get the movie, but it wasn't good in my eyes.

Rating: 4/10

Not just you.  The second half lost me as well.  I understand the filmmakers had a message they wanted to get across, but the message was lost due to poor writing and the focus on the brutality which, being completely unrealistic, just came off as forced.  The flick had some decent ideas, and I was actually really into the first half, but overall I'd call it a misfire.

"The Incredible Two Headed Transplant" (1970) . nowhere near as bad as i thought it was going to be. not brilliant but what would you expect. it was watchable. certainly plenty worse films.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) - After replaying the tape of a request call where two obnoxious yuppies were killed, DJ 'Stretch' Brock finds herself terrorized by the cannabalistic family responisible for their deaths.  She teams up with renegade Texas lawman 'Lefty' Enright, who has been on the family's trail for years, to attempt to put an end to their killing spree.  Goofy at times, but still a fun watch.  2.5/5.

ParaNorman (2012) - Outcast and misunderstood because of his unique abilities, Norman and his unlikely cast of oddballs battle ghosts, zombies and growns to save their town from an ancient curse.  Definitely more of a kid flick, but it was cute and fun.  3/5.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors - 8.6/10 - this movie was great, the only flaws were some cheesy acting and some cheesy special effects. I was surprised that Nancy died in the end. RIP sad

2-headed Shark Attack...more entertaining than most from that ilk...still not good...4.5/10.

Last edited by JackBurton (2012-11-20 10:56:11)

2 headed shark attack, so funny!  Bad cast, not scary but definitely worth a laugh.
I just watched Innkeepers, didn't really like it.  It just kept me waiting for something to happen. I think I will just go watch some more Supernatural.

Rewatch of Troll 2.
-10 for plot, +20 for awesome.  If you haven't seen this film yet, you must!  Nothing about it makes sense, there are no trolls, the little kid pees on dinner, and one of the main characters is a ghost or a hallucination.  Also, evil Ewoks and lots of green food.  And plant people.  Oh forget it, just watch it!  Then take 2 aspirin and hate me in the morning. big_smile

^^^
OOOH!!! Your description really make me wanna see it. Sounds like an awesome lotta fun.

THE SHINING was showing on TV last night and as it's been a while I didn't put the DVD in my computer, I watched it. And woah, I just LOOOVE this flick. Everything is just pitch perfect in this and Nicholson is just phenomenal. Kubrick is a true genius. Everything he did is great but this is over the top. 666/10

^^^ I always wonder did they show the nudity on TV!?

^^^
Yeah, they don't care about this here in Canada, we're not prude like the USA are.

I watched The Cat O'Nine Tails last night. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was great. I'm really enjoying getting into Giallos and I'm watching Argentos films in order. Love the colours and how beautifully they are all shot.

@Punk- Yeah, Troll 2 is just wacky.  I also just noticed that Claudio Fragasso (long collaborator with Bruno Mattei) directed it, so you can imagine the quality.

Wrong Turn 5 -  For a straight to DVD movie it's pretty damn good. Where as a lot of franchise movies go South, this series continues to entertain, with the exception of the third installment (IMO). It was nice to see the writers, directors, and SFX artists take pride again in the series.
6-10

I've quite liked the Wrong Turn series as a guilty pleasure thing. I just DL'ed 5 so I'm gonna give it a go soon

Jack and Diane (2012) - Two teenage girls, Jack and Diane, meet in New York and immediately hit it off.  As their mutual attraction grows, Jack learns that Diane will be leaving in two weeks to attend school in France.  Not wanting to get hurt, Jack pushes Diane away.  Diane struggles to keep their love alive while hidding the secret that her awakening sexual desire is causing her to have horrific visions.  An odd movie that is really more of a love story with horror elements thrown in.  It does feature strong performances by both of the leads, Riley Keough (Elvis' eldest granddaughter) and Juno Temple who I have a serious crush on.  2.5/5.

^^^
Can't wait to see it. I also have a huge crush on Juno and Riley isn't bad at all too. And what I've read about it makes me impatient to see it.

I'm watching Halloween 5 - I haven't seen this in a long time.

alien25 wrote:

Jack and Diane (2012) - Two teenage girls, Jack and Diane, meet in New York and immediately hit it off.  As their mutual attraction grows, Jack learns that Diane will be leaving in two weeks to attend school in France.  Not wanting to get hurt, Jack pushes Diane away.  Diane struggles to keep their love alive while hidding the secret that her awakening sexual desire is causing her to have horrific visions.  An odd movie that is really more of a love story with horror elements thrown in.  It does feature strong performances by both of the leads, Riley Keough (Elvis' eldest granddaughter) and Juno Temple who I have a serious crush on.  2.5/5.

Juno Temple is great, even though I thought her role in The Dark Knight Rises wasn't as prominent as I thought it to be.

Day 32 Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker (Video 1991)

I really enjoyed this one, I think this is best sequel of the series,
they saved the best for last.

I love movies about Killer toys, I am fan of Puppet master in my early
year, which need to re-watch soon.

There was some really good decent moment, some really bizarre deaths
scene in this movie, which i thought was creative.

The toys could have been a little more scary then they were.

The ending was really good way to end to the series

The acting was decent most likely  best acted in the series.

6 out of 10

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I'm watching Halloween 5 - I haven't seen this in a long time.

Haven't seen that in ages either, but I gotta wonder what they were trying to go for with that ugly mask.

The Possession... 5/10. Jeffrey Dean Morgan carried most of the movie, and it really wasn't very effective in the scare department. The rough editing took away from some of the scarier moments. I did love the ending, but all the creepy imagery just wasn't enough. And based on a true story? Suuure.

Teeth - 7/10

Well... I just watched this with my girlfriend... Not getting lucky tonight out of fear of my own safety.

The Perfume of the Lady in Black [1974] - 6/10

The score and the visuals were the best thing about this Giallo, although the storyline was interesting and intriguing, and the final scenes were really memorable. The characterisation was okay with the main being very striking, and the storyline developed really well, although it got a tad confusing toward the end. I liked it but I didn't love it.

^^
Heh heh, I fell asleep on HQ, Vas, and Golem during this one.  Not their or the movie's fault- I figured out which new med is conking me out.  Weird thing is it's a cortical steroid (???), but yep, that's one of the side effects- extreme tiredness.  Good thing I only need it for a few more days, or Disney would be rather boring, lol .

I was trying to watch The Road.  Its a Foreign Film on Flix.  One TV keeps freezing up.  The other TV has the closed caption and subtitles going at the same time (can't get em off) so I'm not able to read what they're saying.  Isn't overly impressing me, but I do plan to try to get it watched somehow.