Re: How Are Your Emotions Today.......Thread !!!!!!!

@Wolfy- Cool.

@Ms. G- Tell her the monkeys give her a monkey hug-
http://writeitsideways.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Stuffed_monkey_hug.jpg

Sad....Lost my grandmother this past Sunday, funerals tomorrow. Spent the day cleaning out her apartment with my mom. So many memories....

^^
Awwww. Very sorry for you. sad

Grieving takes time but in the end the only memories you have left are the best moments you spent with her.
Good luck with that.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-16 22:36:21)

My prayers go out to you Hostel.  It was before your time, but I lost my last 3 grandparents in an 18 months span a few years back.  It takes a while, but once the grief clears, you still have the memories like Punk said.

I'm so amazing today and just going forward.  I feel like life has been jolted back into me.  I've been more active than ever, issues are resolved, good and great holiday season is ahead of me!!!!

Really just looking forward to Thanksgiving with the munchkins and family, and then the next week going down to Disney for a week.  Essentially 10 days I don't have to worry about finding a job.

hostel2006 wrote:

Sad....Lost my grandmother this past Sunday, funerals tomorrow. Spent the day cleaning out her apartment with my mom. So many memories....

I only knew one of my grandparents -- my dad's mom.  We called her "Mammaw" Barb (hey, it's the Appalachians, we coloquialize pretty much every word in existence).  She was sweetest, kindest, most loving old lady.  But she steamed EVERYTHING.  You'd sit down for dinner and an hour later, your food would still be too hot to eat.  I spent a lot of time with her when I was a kid, when I lived with my dad in Kentucky (my mom lived in Indiana, I'd go back and forth between them).  My dad is a hard-assed Pentecostal reverend and living with him was hell; spending every Friday night at Mamaw Barb's was the only thing that made it tolerable.  She'd let me stay up and watch Fantasy Island and The Incredible Hulk.  She used to always warn me that watching the Hulk would give me nightmares; I always assured her not to worry, being a comic nerd and all, not only did I not find the Hulk frightening, I loved watching him wrestle with bears, fight evil clones and throw bad guys around like ragdolls.

She died in '96.  Alzheimer's.  The last time I saw her, just a couple months before her death, she didn't recognize me, as is typical of Alzheimer's.  It upset me so badly, all the time we spent together when I was a kid, all the happy memories, all the times she used to kiss me on the cheek and that sweet, powdery smell every grandma has that I remembered so fondly...and every bit of it erased from her memory.   Seeing her like that upset me so badly that I couldn't even bring myself to attend her funeral, and I have never visited her grave.  And I doubt I ever will.  Hell, just typing this has got me teary-eyed; visiting her grave would only result in full-on waterworks.

Every boy loves their grandma.  Cherish the memories, man.  It helps.

Hey Lon, she's someplace better now and remembers all those great days you had together.  Even if that place is only in your own heart (I don't remember your religious preference).

The "technical" term for me would be an Agnostic Theist.  I don't think God's existence can be proved or disproved, but I choose to believe anyway.

And I like to think that Mammaw Barb's up there somewhere watching over me.  I just hope she's not watching when I'm sitting home alone on a Saturday night with my web browser up and my pants down. big_smile

Grandparents are very discreet.  lol

azathoth wrote:

Really just looking forward to Thanksgiving with the munchkins and family, and then the next week going down to Disney for a week.  Essentially 10 days I don't have to worry about finding a job.

How cool is that??? Woah. Have a good one buddy and be sure to say hi to this guy from me.

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/154177987214864222_QJIsssT2_c.jpg

@Loud, mom's mom died of Alzheimer too. That's the thing I fear the most in life, I don't fear Death at all, we saw each other often in my life and I defeated the Grim Reaper eveytime. Loosing my memories would kill me. So Death would say - Ah well finally. Was about time. lol

^^
Ha ha, that pic is sweet!  I'll try to get a photo with him!  lol
I don't fear losing my memories (hey if can't remember, eh); I fear ALS, where you can still think fine, but you can't make your body do anything, even talk.

I've actually had a really nice night.  I was talking with Lon on the forums for a few hours, then Punk for some more.  I took my meds and it didn't make me loopy, but calmed my back down, now I can sleep for a few hours before the college football games start.

So bro-fist to Lon and Punk.  No one was on Skype, Vamps was asleep, and I was bored as hell until I got to chatting with you.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Ha ha, that pic is sweet!  I'll try to get a photo with him!  lol
I don't fear losing my memories (hey if can't remember, eh); I fear ALS, where you can still think fine, but you can't make your body do anything, even talk.

I've actually had a really nice night.  I was talking with Lon on the forums for a few hours, then Punk for some more.  I took my meds and it didn't make me loopy, but calmed my back down, now I can sleep for a few hours before the college football games start.

So bro-fist to Lon and Punk.  No one was on Skype, Vamps was asleep, and I was bored as hell until I got to chatting with you.

glad you're feeling better smile  you have been through the wars lately my man!

^^
Thanks Hoss, you know how it feels.  And you've come back yourself, which makes the monkey happy <monkey dance>.

Glad you feel good azathoth. And no probs for blabbering with you.

Man I looove HM so much and the more it goes, the more I like it. Sweetest forum I've ever been in. And lemme tell you I've done a damn lot since 1984 it's nuts. This is definitely the top of the list one.

Thanks to whoever had the brilliant idea to start it up whoever it is.
Yeah, btw who started it, tell me, tell me, wanna know, wanna know.
And since how long is it up. Curiosity is one of the defaults I prefer. lol

Oh man, I'm sooooo happy, our own UFC champ is back after 18 months and he just totally destroyed Condit. What an AMAZING fight it was. BRAVO GSP, you rule!!! YAY!!!

kXnPunk wrote:

Thanks to whoever had the brilliant idea to start it up whoever it is.
Yeah, btw who started it, tell me, tell me, wanna know, wanna know.
And since how long is it up. Curiosity is one of the defaults I prefer. lol

His user name is Meh.  He actually started with movies-online.ca, then started up HM.  And this is only a hobby for him, he actually has like a real world job and stuff (my guess is he works for the CIA, and his agent # is 666).  I think it came online in '05 or '06- Panda or Cap Howdy (or Meh himself) could tell you, they were all here at the beginning.

Oh cool, thanks a lot. I saw on previously read threads that he was behind the coding so I'm glad to know that. I owe you one mate monkey. wink

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Meh_monkey_approved.png

Sweet, very sweet!!! smile

Oh, c'mon!  An ear infection busting my eardrum last night?  Why can't Lon just run me over with a Fiat and get it over with?   Sigh.  I'm just one diseased mess that Vampy pokes me with an electrified cattle prod to knock me out of bed so she can sleep in peace. 
I fling poo in your general directions!  Ha!

Me ducks.
Missed. tongue
But man, poor you. Hope that sickness will be done with you soon, she seems to like you a lot recently. An advice, stop giving her chocolate, she might go away. lol
Good luck though, hope you feel better.

What a great night it was on TV last night. The memories made me get up with a ridiculously BIG smile on my face.
First, Revolution's last of the season. I dig this show sooo much.
Then Jennifer Lawrence at Jay Leno. What a beauty. Can't wait to see her last one where DeNiro is in too.
After, there was the girl with the most beautiful eyes of the universe at Fallon and it was HILARIOUS!!! And can't wait for tonight, Jay has got my sexual fantasy on, the sexy hot gorgeous Lindsay Lohan. That'll be nice.

So yes, I'm TOP SHAPE, coffee's good, Expressos rule!!! Cheers you all!!! smile

kXnPunk wrote:

So yes, I'm TOP SHAPE, coffee's good, Expressos rule!!! Cheers you all!!! smile

Don't make me come over there and cut you like the turkey
<------

lol   Thanks, I just can't catch a break this fall.  Anyhoo, I see my ear doc tomorrow morning.

As long as you don't try to stuff me... Hahahaha
oood luck with that visit.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-20 11:31:52)

I've got all my horror to watch in order, so I'm in a good mood because of that, but I've been feeling pretty ill lately and don't want to bite the bullet and go to the docs sad