Topic: Hammer Horror Reborn. Ur Thoughts.

Having read a article that randomly caught my eyes, it had me thinking. What are your guys opinions on the overall quality of Hammer's new output. Can it ever top its classic movies, or how difficult could this be. Do u welcome new Hammer Horror or just want to ignore it and keep watching the classics. Personally i think that a major element of old Hammer Horror were Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing's professional contribution and until the new film's have the same pedigree of actor they may struggle to reach the status of the classic's.

Do you think that Hammer should stick to making films and trying theater is unwise?. Article below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20462277

Would be interested in your opinion DirtyGirl.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-11-24 18:12:04)

Re: Hammer Horror Reborn. Ur Thoughts.

I think they should stay away from it, wasn't that film The Resident their film? I remember I bought that film and it's horrific. Not even good in the slightest, just bad in every aspect for me.

I would also love to see what DG (or Wofly)  has to say about this.

to be honest i have enjoyed the new hammer  stuff. yes the Resident is the least of the new output so far but it is still entertaining . it is a diferent world now and what they have released so far  has been fine.

The classics that Hammer put out will NEVER be topped. C. Lee & P. Cushing were Hammer studios icons, and for good reason. To this day when I picture a vampire in my head, it's Lee's image who pops up.

As for the new stuff, and am I glad to see the studio making a comeback? Hell yes! If some how they can recapture the magic of days gone bye. We are in for a treat. If not; that's ok too. As long as they put in a solid effort and take pride in what they put out. Rather than churning out garbage that they hope will make a buck or two.

Hard to top some of the best films of our time, but I do really like The Woman in Black. I look forward to more new Hammer productions.

NO... new Hammer would never even be close to thier original concept of movies... fuckem is the best I can say