Topic: What type of audio/video do you use to enjoy your horror?

Just wondering if anyone else is into high end audio or home theatre?

Re: What type of audio/video do you use to enjoy your horror?

Well... YT, VLC, WMP...

I'm surprised being into films,I thought there would be more people on the site  with decent home theatre setups.
I'm currently using a 50 inch Panasonic plasma for display and thinking of going to an HD projector.
The rest of my system is British and US gear..Harbeth,Pass labs,Arcam.

We may be into films, but not a lot of us have high-paying jobs, if we even have a job right now.  Though I'll borrow my dad's 55-inch plasma 3D HDTV, with an Onkyo 7.1 channel receiver, 3D B-R player, and more speakers than you can shake a stick at, every once in a while.

yeah...and I don't normally share what I've got at my house.   It's bad enough with the studio gear...I know so many people who have pics on FB showing off all their stuff and then announce to the world that they're going to a resort down south for two weeks, come back and were cleaned out..

I live in a converted cinema but I kept the screen and thx sound system although I upgraded to the latest generation digital projection system.
Well it's not as if anyone can prove I'm bullshitting wink

Being a student I cant afford a high end cinema system, sry

Cap Howdy pays for his equipment in souls.

Because I'm such a hipster, I don't watch my TV with technology. I always watch TV on my trusty "Stony" 40"
http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/10/99/109938_11c10698.jpg

I would love to have a bitchin' system but I can't afford to go all out.

I have a 55" plasma screen downstairs which I watch most of my movies on, but I don't have any decent speakers because I live in a terrace and the walls are paper thin, I don't think I'd be too popular if I watched my horror with surround sound, especially as I usually watch between 3-7am big_smile Besides, the speakers in my TV are pretty good, more than good enough for me right now.

I watch a lot on my 17.5" Sony Vaio too, and I have watched a few on my iPad. If I really want to see something with stunning graphics I'll make sure to watch on the TV but I enjoy watching on my laptop

I'm not much of an A/V junkie.  So long as I have something to watch horror flicks and listen to music on, that's really all I care about.

^^
What Lon means is that he listens AND watches movies off 8-track tapes.  No, I don't know how, but he has the awesome to make it work.  Also, his toilet paper is digital.

I do have a 4 speaker/ home theater system, and a blue-ray dvd player, but my t.v is still just a plain old fashioned one.

LoudLon wrote:

I'm not much of an A/V junkie.  So long as I have something to watch horror flicks and listen to music on, that's really all I care about.

What lon said. Aslong as my a/v is in sync though! I just use my ps3 and the sound settings on my telly. Sometimes I plug my ancient hifi in. Other times I use my laptop or my Xbox 360 and a telly older than me. I would sell my soul for a huge room lined with DVDs and blurays with speakers built into awesome floating chairs and a wide screen hd projector but I already sold my soul for the expensive fish tank set up and my staffy this year so it won't be happening any time soon!

Theres nothing wrong with older hifi Ultra.I started out with a very small and cheap setup.I have slowly built it overtime..i couldnt afford to drop 20K all at one time.
I have stereo speakers and a really decent sub now..so a 2.1 setup.
But i use it for films and music..the way i view it is,i would rather have 2 amazing speakers than 5 plastic crappy ones.