Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

I'm right there with you kXnPunk, old school punk is the best music there is.

^^^
Indeed.
Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of recent bands but strangely, they pretty much all sound like 80's stuff. lol

Distillers and Civet RULE!!!

^^Naw, I was just messing with ya...Although I did listen to a lot of 90's Punk, it was More along the lines of Satanic Surfers, Choke and 88 fingers Louie.

Saw Satanic Surfers and 88 Fingers Louie TOGETHER and man, what a show it was.
Always loved swedish bands and Satanic Surfers is one of my favorites from there with Refused and Milencollin.

Refused are one of my All-time favorites....The shape of Punk to Come is a masterpiece.

Definitely. I love how they added various styles of music into their Punk.

So, I'm putting the finishing touches on my soundproofed jamspace in the basement...just have the floors left to do.  I can't wait to be able to crank my amp and get back to playing...only jammed with the guys once last month...

That's cool!!! Man I really miss the garage/hangar practice spaces we had in the time. And it made the sound so freaking NICE I find. smile
Garage rock ROCKS!!! Hahaha

Update: It's all done.  painting until Friday and then the first Jam in the new space is Saturday.

Nice!!!
Crank up the amps to 11 or even 12. lol

Just curious, what effect pedals are you using???
On my bass, I have a Boss Equalizer [what an awesome one this is] and that Tri-Metal Distortion one which is a total ass kicking one. Soooo many sounds of distortion, MUCH more than anything I've seen.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7512/distortiontrimetal.jpg

And I found that oh soo damn cool guitar this morning on my Facebook wall, I WAAANT a bass like that NOW!!! Way too cool!!!

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6120/deathguitar.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5BM0Tln7cM

What I'm currently trying to learn.

^^^
The comments made me laugh.

Orgasmic song Orgasmic song Orgasmic song Orgasmic song lol

They speak the truth lol

Yeah, really.

So what effets dya have Scavengy???

Or maybe it's a secret. If so, I'll send my spy. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-13 18:46:22)

I have a heavy distortion pedal (I haven't used it in years and forget the brand and name lol) but typically I just use a generic old footswitch to change between clean and distortion.

On the topic of instruments, I'm strongly considering trading my Luna Eclipse acoustic for a bass.  I haven't played bass in over ten years and have been itching to pick another one up but haven't had the scratch to buy one. hmm

Oh yeah the old foot switch is great. Well great as long as your amp has a nice distortion. Hehehe

But I like that some bass aren't the most expensive ones but still have a great sound, can't do that with a guitar. A Gibson doesn't sound like a 300$ unkown chinese thing like my bass is but I like the sound much better than the Fender Precision I had before. Crazy but true. lol

I first began with a Fender starter bass; moved on to an ESP LTD bass and then finally settled on a Peavy bass.  Ultimately sold that off and moved on to guitar, but man, I'm dying to get back to bass now.

And you're right, even a cheap bass can sound as good as an expensive one; not so for guitars.

ESP is the one my buddy has. Shape is simlar to mine.
price isn't, cost him 1,200 bucks. 800 more than mine.
Mine sounds better with all my pedals but not so without though.

For Effects, I bought a Blackout Effectors Seriously Special Twosome this summer.  2 killer fuzz tones in one housing that you can cascade to make crazy combos.  I use the Blunderbuss side mostly.

For Bass, I own a Godin Freeway 4 active that I paid 400$ used.  Love it.

Great idea for a thread! I see there are many talanted people here! I'm a musician/composer and would enjoy making music for film. I use Ableton Live to record and play the Mellotron, piano, drums and other devices. Here's a short example of my work called Nosferatu. (I edited parts of the film to fit the music for visual effect.)Comments are very much appreciated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1T4otDlc3A

^^^
Hey sorry if I had been rude previously but normally one posters are soon gone away. But it's cool you survived azathoth and us all speeches. lol

WH3LLcome.

I really freaking pressed the Like and Share button.
Amazing sinister as fuck tune in a style I love hearing as Horror movie soundtrack. Sweet, über sweet.

I have also maybe too Evil songs up on Reverb Nation [awesome music sharing site BTW, much more than crap MySpace].
You might wanna suffer by clicking it. Or not for your own safety.
But if you do, I suggest you listen to Evil Evil Song Beta.
http://www.reverbnation.com/flibustelun … aire/songs

And yeah, you have a nice beard. lol

Glad to meet you man. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-16 21:15:17)

JackBurton wrote:

For Effects, I bought a Blackout Effectors Seriously Special Twosome this summer.  2 killer fuzz tones in one housing that you can cascade to make crazy combos.  I use the Blunderbuss side mostly.

For Bass, I own a Godin Freeway 4 active that I paid 400$ used.  Love it.

H3LL yeah Blunderbuss OWNZ!!!

And lemme just say that I freaking hope you love it, 400$ woah, expensively expensive.

And BTW, hope your Leafs will DESTROY the Canadians this week-end. lol
Man I hate them with a passion...

Yeah,  Hope the Nordiques come back but yeah...I hate the Senators more than the Habs, but i feel you, they're both the enemy.

The Twosome is pretty wicked.  I only paid 330 with shipping and taxes...My studio rig is complete..if I buy something else, I think my wife will kill me.

Hahaha Yeah man. They are. They're our Nazis. lol

I bet she would but cool to see that you have what you want. Always nice when it happens.

And yeah can wait to see the oned in the tbarnak d'igloos back. hehe.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-18 17:27:04)