Topic: Help! Ending!

I need you guys to help me think of a supernatural story's ending, by the contents of the story please think of one for me:

So there's this 17 year old guy who found an old typewriter in the attic ( I dunno related to his mom maybe). The guy likes to write suspense/ mystery stories (Policier" in  French). And he starts writing them with the thing. After some days writing with it, the boy sees, actually got hallucinations of his stories's characters, and was completely horrified when discovered slowly that they're turining into real sh*ts! (seriously WTF is with that!? The teacher saids that we musn't write a horror story but the character must be dscared!? WTF!? I mean I don't even understand why don't they just call these genres "horror" anyway! Like in Theophile Gautier's La Morte Amoureuse there's lots of depiction of blood every where and yet...)

OK so can you guys give me some advice to the ending of the story? I think the guy should destroy the typewriter or like somthing t solve his problems or like ANYTHING TO END A FRICKIN' STORY!

Re: Help! Ending!

The story at the end turns the killer into a real life ghost/hallucination, which causes the writer to freak out.  In his freaky stage he runs off and falls down stairs/gets run over in traffic/jumps off a balcony, that kind of thing.  Then the typewriter types that event by itself, finishing with "The End."

^^ Hum... I will ty to write out of something like tha. smile THX

So... no one can help me?

Point 1. Azzy tried to help you.
Point 2. Do your homework yourself.

The ending you seek is in John Carpenter's 'In the Mouth of Madness', just watch it and rip off the ending. Your teacher will never know! big_smile

It was all a dream....

^
Yeah, that works too, uless it's  Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City and ... the dream... is becoming a reality!!! Nooo, spare us Umberto! big_smile

I think you should end the story with an evil cat wearing sunglasses who is sitting behind a chair laughing maniacally, you can't see his face or body but he slowly turns around and makes an evil smile showing that the cat is up to no good.

Or you can pull Fulci's "The Beyond" ending when reality blurs at the end.

Of you could end it mid sente

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you could just do it yourself.

DIY at it's finest.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

DIY at it's finest.

As my writing professor had to tell a class yesterday.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

DIY at it's finest.

What a revolutionary idea!

Make it so the guy finds out that he's actually the typewriter.

But seriously though you should stick with the cat ending. It will be a shocking twist because no one ever suspects the innocent cat. yikes

Why don't you make it so that at the end, they find out that the guy didn't write the ending to his own story....

Don't listen to Tripod, he's leading you up the garden path with his silly idea about cats.

Everyone knows that dogs are well more shady and sinister. End it with a doberman mauling the cat authors throat. Write in a quick scene about the dog mauling someone's leg and you can call it Do Slay Knee.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Why don't you make it so that at the end, they find out that the guy didn't write the ending to his own story....

I support HQ's idea one billion percent.

I guess a small "twist" of In The Mouth Of Madness: The guy wrote out so many fictional and dangerous criminals that the world went into post-apocalyptic. He got ill pretty bad and must stay in hospital for 3 years while still writing his stories with the typewriter while also being tormented by some semi-real characters surrounding his room. When he went ( and before that, he oreders some people to throw the typewriter away.) out of the hospital the world was, like I've said before... post-apocalyptic and probably also dystopian type. He wonders around a book store and find a book very big (HUUUGE!) book called : "From Adam Clark's Madness." and go to read it only to find that it ultimately re-tell his actions since when he find the machine and find a huge collection of numerous of his crime fiction stories. He was narrated in the first person so he's gonna spend the rest of his life reading that huge book and write the whole story (this story) in an apartment.

Are you lazy or what???
I don't understand at all why you ask us to give you the way to end it but here's mine anyways.

The typewriter breaks apart and the many pieces attack the writer violently. Ripping his flesh.
And it fades to black with the typographic things [can't remember how they are called, the things that bang the paper which are full of ink]] slam the dude's eyes, forehead teeth of the guy with what azathoth said. Bloody...