Topic: Best horror movies to watch high?

So me and my friend are gonna get stoned this weekend and watch a lotta messed up horror flicks... We got Hobo With A Shotgun and Beyond The Black Rainbow on lockdown. Any other recommendations?

Re: Best horror movies to watch high?

My recommendation is don't do drugs.

^ lol I'm not addicted. I do this like once a year. Tradition.

I used to cane the weed in my teens and one of my favourites to watch was Friday Part 6: Jason Lives, it has all the stoner elements one could ever want; a killer soundtrack, comedy deaths and a smokin hot final girl.

I also remember watching From Beyond with some mates while we were getting totally baked, when I say watching it, what I mean was it was on in the background lol but that's a fun and trippy film to watch while smoking!

But the best one of all (in my experience anyway) was Jackson's 'Bad Taste', I first watched that with about ten of my little tearaway mates when I was about 13, we had an ounce of skunk, a bong and a VCR player, Bad Taste on video provided us with one of the funniest sessions and an evening I'll always remember fondly to this day. big_smile

Much appreciated, Fulcento! Gonna get Bad Taste and From Beyond!

Last year we watched the whole Evil Dead and Saw series 'till the morning. Barely slept, laughed our asses off. Good times. big_smile

One Eye monster

my Best Horror movie  is Wrong Turn.

Dead Alive

Lol I remember watching so much wierd crap when stoned as a teen. Only thing that really got me freaked out was The Mighty Boosh tv series. Seriously, look it up, that shit is freaking wierd!

Movie wise, I reccomend some Miike. Gozu and Itchi the Killer. Mind fuck at the best of times but while stoned I recon it would be completely awesome. Or on the other hand, maybe they'll be like watching a sedate slasher and drugs is a requirement.... O_o

Or Eraserhead!

Altered States is a good one. wink

The only way to watch this movie is stoned--or, as one reviewer said

Never used but here are a few that might work for ya.
Horror:Evil Bong(cameo by Tommy Chong.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hT0qFnucM

Non horror:Pink Floyd The Wall.

Last edited by hellrat (2013-01-29 16:24:48)

Dude....The best horror movies to watch high are ALL OF THEM

Use your brain, kid! big_smile

Suspiria is the best horror movie to watch stoned. It's just a genuinely pleasing visual treat with vibrant colours and imaginitive sets. And it is only enhanced by the trippy/funky/creepy soundtrack.

Mightboosh is great stoner material...it will take you on a journey you will only understand when your high.

I DRINK YOUR BLOOD is amazing high!

otherwise you could stick with the classics, like Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. can't go wrong with those.

Well you never said what type of hi you and your buddy are gonna be on and that makes a big difference...
But I take it as a few beers and get out the bong!

or if ya gonna trip on shrooms its a whole different game! hahaha

But for a basic high:
A Serbian Film
Flesh For Frankenstein

thats all I/m giving at the moment so

Sorry this is not a horror movie, but Waking Life is a very interesting documentary to watch whilst high. Thought I'd add that in smile

I've never watched a movie while high, but I've seen quite a few while drunk.  Our group usually loves to throw on a Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th movie when we do some heavy drinking.

For one, there's plenty of stuff to quote, they tend to have the right amount of horror/comedy,   and when you're really drunk you can find plenty of hidden subtext in those movies.

Evelyn Williams wrote:

Dude....The best horror movies to watch high are ALL OF THEM

WORD!!!

Theres lots but right this moment I have to say:
Frankenhooker always does it for me