Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^I'm probably one of the few who agrees with you on this.  Besides the original, the Halloween series didn't do much for me.  Michael Myers, as cool as he looks with that mask...always seemed boring.  What Rob Zombie did with the Franchise really showed another facet to the character.  I even really enjoyed the sequel for what it was...The whole white horse thing really worked for me.

I watched Rec. this weekend.  I had seen the remake and was luke warm about it so this wasn't on the top of my list of flicks to catch but I liked it 5 times more than Quarantine.  I give it a 7/10.

Inbred - pretty cool movie. Dark and bloody as hell. 8/10

Famine - a bad slasher movie from the director who brought us Gutterballs. Could have been a great indie horror movie, but instead it falls flat on it's face. 4/10

I haven't seen Zombies H2 yet. I loved the original and I liked 2, and season of the witch, despite the fact that it was nothing to do with Halloween. But the 2007 version really rounded out the story and I think the whole mask obsession, and seeing Michael descend further into madness after his incarceration was really well done. It added so much depth and I loved that about it.

Sus, I really really enjoyed Inbred. One of the best recently made films I've seen all year

Return of the Living Dead (1985) - 7.5/10. Had a lotta fun with this movie. The first half was pure gold, but just lost a bit after that. Still, though, was a great comedy above the horror, and had plenty of memorable scenes (the strip in the graveyard ftw). Just could've done without some cheesy 80's songs and a sluggish second half.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Famine - a bad slasher movie from the director who brought us Gutterballs. Could have been a great indie horror movie, but instead it falls flat on it's face. 4/10

By a stroke of coincidence I just grabbed this one today, can't say it's high on my to see list but Gutterballs is a guilty pleasure of mine and the director was in an interesting feature with Fango lately which piqued my interest so I'll be watching it this weekend.

Fulcento wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

By a stroke of coincidence I just grabbed this one today, can't say it's high on my to see list but Gutterballs is a guilty pleasure of mine and the director was in an interesting feature with Fango lately which piqued my interest so I'll be watching it this weekend.

I would have enjoyed Gutterballs more if the script didn't feel the need to make the characters swear every 2nd line. That got tiring real fast. Seems to me they did that just to try and make the movie more gratuitous. I mean, I expected there to be considerable bad language and it wouldn't have annoyed me if there wasn't so muh swearing. I mean everything else about the movie is sleazy enough, and these other aspects didn't annoy much at all.

Glad you had fun with this one! One of my all time faves! That reminds me I need to see if its on blu! LOVE IT! Probably one of the bloodiest going don't you think> LOL!

Psycho97 wrote:

Dead Alive 10/10 - this is now one of my favorite movies of all time... I don't know if I could have liked this movie more.

I'm tired of zombies, apocolyptic, and vamps....any good werewolf flicks out there besides the usual?

The Apparition. Was this as bad as everyone said it was? Hell yeah! Avoid at all costs! There were some good visual effects but one of the worst stories and poorly made endings I've seen in ages.

I'll give it a 2 for a few good effects. Otherwise LAME!!!

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkmzXVwLtH0

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) - 8/10 a classic

Rec 3: Genesis-- A worthy addition to the series.  Good action and gore. Only complaint is the Genesis theme. Loved the ending! 6/10

Horror High (1974) - Nerdy highschool student Vernon Potts works tirelessly on his science project, creating a potion to transform his pet guinea pig Mr. Mumps.  But when he is forced to ingest the potion himself, he transforms into a monster hell bent on seeking revenge against the students and faculty who have tormented him throughout his highschool career.  A cheesy low budget drive in flick from the 70's that features death by acid, death by a paper cutter and death by track spikes.  Bad but in a fun way.  2.5/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2012-11-28 14:05:14)

Black Christmas remake - 3/10 And the only reason I gave it three is because of the holiday atmosphere. Other than that, this one blows compared to the original.

To All a Good Night (1980) - So bad it's good. Great body count. Fun if you can watch it for what it is. 5/10

Dead Season - A fairly enjoyable zombie movie.  The similarity with 28 Days Later could not be ignored, and actually got ridiculous towards the end (including the music) though.  Still, this was a good watch.

Henry: the Portrait of a Serial Killer - 9/10 - outstanding performances by all of the actors. I'm going to have to own a copy of this, because this was fantastic.

Moon's up and full, it's wolfy night. So I watched this.

Bad Moon 1996

Fun. 7/10

Strange and disturbing little piece.

The Unknown Alter Ego
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-K5CEvN … ather=True

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-29 01:22:07)

Freddy vs Jason - 4/10

Why do I bother? Some cool kills, but ultimately this was a ridiculously pointless movie.

bloody pom poms - 80's slasher, crap acting,zero scares but fun to watch 6/10

I watch last time mirror horror movie...........

Last edited by adwardhil (2012-11-29 04:37:03)

Anybody saw ATROCIOUS???
Planning to grab it but I wanna get your opinions before, takes like 4 hours to get so any words about this would be appreciated.

^I enjoyed it.  Not the greatest found footage flick, and like most, it takes awhile to get going, but I thought that the payoff was pretty good.

Sweet, thanks.

freddy's dead...I had just seen it once and thought maybe I missed something...nope. Didn't.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - !0/10 - will always be one of my favorite horror movies of all time

The Unseen (1980) - A trio of young female reporters travel to the small town of Solvang to cover its annual festival.  But when they arrive they find that there has been a mistake with their reservations.  With no rooms available in the immediate area, they are forced to accept an invitation to stay at the large farmhouse of an odd museum owner.  Once there, they discover that the museum owner and his shy sister are hiding a secret, one that may prove deadly to the young women.  Even though it had a bit of nudity, it still had the feel of an 80's made for TV movie.  Pretty tame and uneventful with Stephen Furst's performance as 'The Unseen' being about the only highlight.  2/5.

Sinister (2012) - To write his next book, true crime author Ellison Oswalt moves his family into the house where a horrible crime had been commited.  Once there, he discovers a box of 8mm movies depicting several grisly murders including the murders that took place in their new home.  As he begins to put the pieces together, odd things begin to happen in the house and Ellison is left to wonder if his latest project will ultimately lead to his family becomming the next victims.  I know some people have panned this, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  Good creepy atmosphere and tension with a few scares thrown in.  The ending was less than desireable, but overall, I thought it was well done.  3.5/5.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) - When a young women, Emily Rose dies, apparently as a result of a failed exorcism, her priest, Father Moore is arrested and charged with negligent homicide.  Now it is up to agnostic defense lawyer Erin Bruner to save further embarassment for her client the Archdiocese, and defend Father Moore.  But when he insists on telling Emily's story by taking the stand in his own defense, she must decide if it is worth risking her own career in order for the truth to be told.  Wow, I can't believe that I never got around to watching this one before.  I loved the mix of a courtroom drama with a chilling horror story.  Just really well done.  4/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2012-11-30 14:14:16)

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (remake)- Didn't really do it for me, especially in contrast to the first one which was fantastic. 2/5

Evil Dead- 10/10 in every way, every time.

Halloween II (1981)- Good follow up to the original. 4/5

Grace (2009)- A bit of a drag. Slow-paced, and when you think it's going to take an interesting plot turn, it doesn't. Just a little intriging. 2/5

Dead Hooker in a Trunk- Plainly, just a badly made film. I love B-movies and the lo-fi style of film making but I found this unwatchable.

Treevenge- This is a short film made by the same director as Hobo with a Shotgun (which I loved). It was awesome, and I recommend watching it to get into the gory Christmas spirit.
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kicdSI_-XpE