Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Hills Have Eyes II was so awful.

Marcel Sarmiento and Gadi Harel's Deadgirl (2008): Starring the Pattinson look-a-like Shiloh Fernandez and Noah Segan.
I'm one of the few people on this forum who loved Deadgirl, it has a pretty basic and simple plot but turns out to be quite original. It has a very dark teenager tone to it, not like all these "dead teenagers" films but something even more.... I hate some points of it because it has merely no suspense (I'm pretty surprised that I managed to go through it because it was so slow.), plus some comedic disturbing 21st century's disturbing drama films, which sucked as hell man! Aside from these features, I found this film pretty enjoyable in the term of creepy music composed by an unknown Joseph Bauer, some good scares involving Jenny Spain's character and some disturbing Day Of The Dead remake's color-ish zombie feeling. Overal not a bad film, 7.1/10

^^^

I thought Deadgirl was downright spectacular myself! Very dark and somewhat taboo subject matter and actually pretty original as you said.

^^^
I'm not a fan of it but it's got it's good moments. Like drilling holes in her belly to well you know what. That was cool. lol

[•REC] 3 GENESIS
Spectacular acting, spectacular effects, spectacular storyline line, spectacular dialogs. So yeah I found this movie mmm well spectacular. lol My favorite of the series is this one. 10/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-01 12:40:12)

^^ Ugh... I'm surprised thaat I liked it.

30 Days Of Night on TV now. Glad cause I really enjoy this movie a whole lot. One of the best Vampire movies EVER with Let The Right One In in my opinion.

kXnPunk wrote:

30 Days Of Night on TV now. Glad cause I really enjoy this movie a whole lot. One of the best Vampire movies EVER with Let The Right One In in my opinion.

It really is a great vampire movie. Anythings a good vampire movie if it doesn't involve them constantly shirtless and sparkling. lol

^^^
lol Yeah.

I love the way their teeth are designed and their language is freaking awesome.

A Lost Boy wrote:

Marcel Sarmiento and Gadi Harel's Deadgirl (2008): Starring the Pattinson look-a-like Shiloh Fernandez and Noah Segan.
I'm one of the few people on this forum who loved Deadgirl, it has a pretty basic and simple plot but turns out to be quite original. It has a very dark teenager tone to it, not like all these "dead teenagers" films but something even more.... I hate some points of it because it has merely no suspense (I'm pretty surprised that I managed to go through it because it was so slow.), plus some comedic disturbing 21st century's disturbing drama films, which sucked as hell man! Aside from these features, I found this film pretty enjoyable in the term of creepy music composed by an unknown Joseph Bauer, some good scares involving Jenny Spain's character and some disturbing Day Of The Dead remake's color-ish zombie feeling. Overal not a bad film, 7.1/10

No you are not alone LB.  It was one of my favorite movies from that year.

^^ Glad to see you lke it too. Noah Segan was creepy as Makaulay Culkin in that even thou not an antagonist.

Well what a cool night on TV last night, after 30 Days, they showed THE FOG 2005 with my cool Selma and it's a movie that I love. Like how the fog is done, the story and the acting too. So yeah, cool horror night and all that on TV which is very rare aside Halloween.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

^^^

I thought Deadgirl was downright spectacular myself! Very dark and somewhat taboo subject matter and actually pretty original as you said.

I concur. Shame a sequel that is actually deserved isn't going to happen. I would far rather like that Dead Girl 2 was made then say another Wrong Turn.

I watched the original The Haunting from 1963 last night. Decent film. Pretty impressive scare scenes that relatively creeped me out, considering its age. Surprised at the kinetic nature of the camera angles during these scenes which added to the creepy atmosphere. Reminded me of Raimi's approach in Evil Dead. Overall a 8/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-12-02 07:59:44)

Silent Night (2012)

This was more of reboot then a remake, saying that it, take one or two things from the old versions

I found the death scene were decent and gory and a bit a fun, I expected this movie to bit more fun then it was, i didn't think was cheesy at all,  some parts felt like scenes from My Bloody Valentine like  Naked Girl is running away from Santa killer on the streets.

The rest of the movie just lacked something,  So I just could not get into this movie at all,
I was bored for most of the movie, waiting for the end.

This reboot as tiny bit of back story at the very end of the movie, I which it took me a while to get.

After We find out who the killer Santa was and why he Killing people.

The only think I liked in this movie was some of Deaths scenes were really gory and fun to watch.

The acting was not too bad, some acting near the start of the movie was little wooden, the rest of cast were decent.

4  out of 10,

Last edited by BASSI (2012-12-02 07:58:36)

Just watched Pontypool again every time I see this movie it amazes me how awesome it is.

Silent Night Bloody Night

Dark Shadows nice movie, special effects of these movie makes it more horror movie.

Maniac (1980) - 9/10 certainly a classic. Poor Tom Savini tryin to get some poon tang, then his brains get blown out. lmao

28 Days Later - 9.4/10 What a terrific movie!

Event Horizon - 9.7/10 Spectacular! It came out the year I was born so I am proud smile a must see for horror fans.

Cabin Fever - 9.6/10 Amazing!!! I'm going to have to own this ASAP. It had one of my favorite actors James DeBello, I'm very impressed with Eli Roth's directing in this film. I loved it.

Jeepers Creepers - 7/10 A good movie, the first half was terrifying, and my dad and I believe that if they would have made it a Texas Chainsaw-esque movie with a crazy man with all of those bodies it would be an all time classic. But it was still good. My dad actually has a song in this movie, and he is in the credits so that's cool smile

A Lost Boy wrote:

I agree! I liked this movie alot too. And what's cool about this is my mom's bestfriend in high school was the writer of this film (Trent Haaga).

I thought the characters were played phenomenally

^^ Ha! Lucky you man! And wait a min... if Paul W.S. Anderson's masterpiece before he totally fucked up came when you were just born..then you're the second youngest person on this forum we ever know! Yepee!

When I suddenly posted my review about Deagirl everybody just suddenly brags about it lol

I'm guessing you're the youngest?

^^ Yeah.

^^^ And dropping F-bombs, no less.

I ain't your daddy but we've already been over this thing about you using foul language here.  We can't abide that kind of thing from someone whose balls haven't even dropped yet.

I'm not going to warn you again.

Doctor Gore (1973) - Mad with grief over the death of his wife, an unhinged scientist begins killing beautiful young girls and assembling their various parts to construct the perfect woman.  Apart from the bright red blood, the FX were actually pretty decent, surprising for such a bad low budget flick.  It does feature ample nudity of the female variety, which was nice, plus the good doctor has got to be King of the Comb-over.  His hair is so bad it is almost worth watching for that alone.  1.5/5.

Midnight (1982) - A teen girl runs away from home after her step father tries to molest her.  She hitches a ride with two young men on their way to Ft. Lauderdale for spring break.  But before they get far, they run into a family of satan worshipers who need the blood of young women as they try to resurect the corpse of their dead mother.  Not much I can say other than it was just lame.  1/5.

^^^ Re: Midnight -- Not to speak ill of the dead, but unfortunately John Russo's track record as a screenwriter/filmmaker is a laundry list of bad films.  I think the best movie he made (not including his involvement with Night of the Living Dead) was a vampire flick called Heartstopper, co-starring Tom Savini, and even that one wasn't all that great.

Well, there was also The Majorettes.  It was crap too, but at least it was kind of fun in an 80s-nostalgia kind of way.