Re: Sons of Anarchy Thread

After watching the last episode I have to say Tara is the new Gemma. The wake was so sad. I can't believe Opie is gone.

I got misty during the wake.  That's a testament to how good the writing is and how well the actors being their characters to life.

Great episode tonight; a bit of levity in what has been so far a pretty intense early season.  100 TTs to anyone who recognizes the tranny (and no looking it up!). big_smile

I can't think of his name, but he played Detective Vendrell on The Shield, didn't he?

Yup!  Walt Goggins is his name.  He's currently one of the major charaters on another FX show called Justified (very good show; if you haven't seen it, you should).  It took me a second for it to really sink in that it was Goggins, because the fake boobs were so convincing that I thought it was a real tranny who just happened to look like him. lol

100 toe tags comin' your way.

Yeah, he did make a convincing tranny. I thought it was hysterical that Tig was so enthralled. I wonder if we'll see her again.

As for last night's episode, I keep thinking it's not trivial that they keep showing Tara smoking pot; that it'll somehow come into play later. I'm also anxious to see which nomad has scratches after that last home invasion.

I'm thinking Tara's going to end up doing something REALLY extreme (as if kicking the snot out of Nero's assistant chick wasn't enough) and will have one of those moments of realization where she's like "Oh, crap, I'm turning into Gemma."  Kind of in contrast to how Jax is trying to fight his way out of the outlaw biker lifestyle, Tara's just getting pulled deeper into it. 

And yeah, Tig had me cracking up the way he was practically salivating over the tranny.  But he's done worse.  I remember one episode in I think it was the first season where he was talking about having sex with a corpse. lol

Yeah Tig's one of the coolest Characters on the show for sure.  Still waiting for Jax to man up as Pres though, although capping the Guard who got Opie Killed was a good moment.

''I got this one.'''

Damn I ain't been on here in awhile lol.

Opie should have had a better sending off. I mean for christ sakes his wife had a better funeral.

Loved the tranny! I think Tig is in love! I'm interested to see if they bring him/her back for more.

The Nomads are going down! They have fucked up big time with the Roosevelt thing! Clay can't control everything.

Tara is going hardcore! Can you believe the scene with her and Otto? Crazy! She's getting in deep.

Jax is gonna be whoopin some ass soon, or so I hope! I really want to see his character take charge. Kick Clay and Gemma in the ass and do what he needs to do!

Damn sorry folks that ran a little longer than I planned lol.

I like it Pyhhra.  This Season has been pretty good so far, all in all....I was getting scared there with Season 4...it had me on the fence for most of it.

So given the end of the last episode,  is it possible somebody has passed away?

It didn't look good for Able, that's for sure. hmm

This show has balls, That's for sure. Nobody is safe.  I can think of at least 3 characters that could well be gone at the end of this season.

Do we know if there's going to be a next season?...they could have decided to put a cap on this season and leave just enough breathing room for a possible final season next year.

Show creator Kurt Sutter has signed on for at least one more season and the cast have no complaints, so I'm confident we'll have a full season next year as well.

I have to get this off my chest.

I hate the character of Jax. I literally route for him to be knocked off EVERY episode. What a mewling, whiny, bitchy, incompetent little ass-hole that screws everything up because of his daddy issues.

What a shithead.  The last episode simply reinforced this feeling to the 100 degree, when he did what he did at the end of the episode.  Fuck him, I hope the Irish shoot his nuts off and leave him for dead. GAHHHHHH!!! I hate him so much!!

Whew, that feels better...ahhhhhh

I'm actually getting fed up with Jax as well.  I was behind him throughout the entire series thus-far until he agreed to turn over Tig once he was no longer in need of him.  Tig only ever did what Clay told him to do, like a good soldier.  It's not his fault he didn't know Clay was using him to further Clay's own ambitions and not the club's.

They've already killed off one of my favorite characters (Opie).  If they kill off anymore (Tig or Chibs) then I don't know that I'd want to keep watching.

Christ what a cluster-fuck of a finale. Gemma wins for character who has pissed me off the most this season. Jax comes in at a close second.

Warning, me matey's -- there be SPOILERS ahead:

I think Jax in this last episode totally redeemed himself for the rest of the season.  I was so sure my boy Tig was a goner until Jax pulled out that pistol, then it sank in that, true to his character -- and despite what the rest of the season may have implied -- Jax had it all worked out ahead of time and would never turn over on his brothers (except for Clay, of course, the prick).  I loved it when Jax handed him that pistol and said "Kill the man who burned your daughter alive."

Tig.  My niggah.  No offense intended.  I just love that character.

And yeah, I now officially want Gemma dead.  I hope Jax kills her next season.  Not that I dislike Katey Sagal (sp) but I think they've squeezed her character for about all she's worth now.  When a woman threatens the mother of her grandchildren, it's time for the bitch to fuckin' go.

Bobby cut off his VP badge.  Interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing how that affects the club.  Here's to hoping Chibs gets the bump to VP.  Along with Tig, he's my favorite character on the show (now that Ope's gone).

And in the holy shit department...holy shit!  Otto is fucking CRAZY!

its been quite a season..
We shall see what happens next.
I gotta say they took it up a notch . With the fake out Jax did regarding Tig.

But I agree with Lon , some characters have nothing more to give to the show's storyline.

Also,  looking back a couple episodes I can't believe the members would let Gema take the children without following her home. In real life that never would have happened. They are very protective especially with the President's children.

ah if only karma would visit as quickly as it does in a single episode of SOA !

I haven't seen the season, I got too sad after hearing half sack died (in real life).  I'm ready to see it now, though (I know he hasn't been in the show for years but still just weird you know).  I can't wait to catch up on the season, hopefully I can catch a marathon or something

^^^ Dude, wait 'til you see Walt Goggins.  I won't spoil anything for you, other than to say his appearance is one of the highlights of the season. big_smile

I love Walt Goggins.  He made House of 1,000 Corpses and The Shield the awesome entities they are!

If you like Goggins, check out the FX show Justified.  He's a major supporting character, playing Tim Olyphant's former childhood friend-turned-aspiring hillbilly kingpin, and he's bad-ass on the show.

I've always wanted to see Justified just never caught it, hoping Netflix adds it haha