Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Thing

Holy shit, I went through a lot of movies this weekend. I'm sick as a dog so I did nothing but lay around and watch horror.

Black Christmas (1974) - Never gets dull. 9/10
Silent Night Deadly Night 2 - One of the worst sequels I've seen in a while. More than half the movie is a recap and the rest of it is just crap. 2/10
Bad Ronald (1974) - Surprised by how much I liked this. 7/10
Sweet, Sweet Rachel (1971 ABC movie of the week) - Not great, but not bad. 5/10
The Tenant - What a bizarre and beautiful piece of cinema. Still scratching my head over it. 8/10
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - Still just as creepy and tense as it was when I was a kid. 8/10

Silent Night...Xmas horror with some nice kills, only downfall was the terrible writing especially for malcom mcdowells character,,Complete shite dialogue

Ghost Story (1981) - 4/10

It's fair to say I didn't get this. No scares, a couple of good moments with the main female lead, the story was okay but seemed majorly convoluted at the start. I was exp ting to really like it, but it was just a bit meh.

Sorry Lon for all the f bombs I've not been paying attention around...

Ms. G -- I just re-watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers again a couple nights ago.  Solid horror flick; deserves more attention.

Motel Hell - 7.5/10 Loved the Chainsaw fight at the end smile

Lucio Fulci's The Beyond - 10/10 Absolutely loved this flick. Definitely one of the goriest films I have ever seen, but that's how i like it smile. I now rank this at the top of my favorite giallo horror films only behind Suspiria.

PROWL was entertaining. Not on my top list hence the rating I give it, a 7/10
Nice atmosphere and characters. Loved Bernard the truck driver and the Vamp Veronica [always LOVED that name]. Amber had her good moments too so did the rest of the cast.

I never go less than 6 except for Exorcist to which I give 1-2/10 I HATE that crap. And the 1-2 is for the music. tongue

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-04 10:42:33)

kXnPunk wrote:

PROWL was entertaining. Not on my top list hence the rating I give it, a 7/10
Nice atmosphere and characters. Loved Bernard the truck driver and the Vamp Veronica [always LOVED that name]. Amber had her good moments too so did the rest of the cast.

I never go less than 6 except for Exorcist to which I give 1-2/10 I HATE that crap. And the 1-2 is for the music. tongue

You hated the exorcist??

I hate priests and it's full of it. At least in movies like Stigmata,or The Exorcist Of Emily Rose, they played it good. or every other exorcist related movie for that matter, but that dude in Exorcist, he's the kinda dude I can't stand. Hey, yeah, weird but true. lol

It's like some people in my life, there are some that the farther away from me the better. The ptiests in Exorcist are like that. And the possessed girl's practical effects were not good to me.

Yeah I have very special tastes and preferences, I know. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-04 12:27:50)

Tintorera (1977) - Recuperating from a nervous break down, Steven heads to the east Coast of Mexico to relax on a friend's yacht.  There he finds himself in competition with local gigalo and shark hunter Miguel for the affections of the vacationing women there.  But they are not the only hunters on the prowl.  A large tiger shark has been making meals of vacationers and locals alike.  Steve and Miguel decide to team up to not only hunt down the shark, but also in their hunt for all of life's pleasures.  Very light on the horror aspect.  It is really more of an action/romance movie.  Beautiful locations and scantily clothed women, but it is a tad long and uneventful.  2/5.

Amber Alert (2012) - While shooting a try-out video for a reality show, two best friends notice a car wanted as part of an Amber Alert and decide to follow it, unsure if they are doing their civic duty or biting off more than they can chew.  Not a bad idea for a movie, but I just don't think there was enough in the story to carry a found footage film.  I can't see people placing themselves in some of the situations that the characters do.  Plus, the female character has got to be one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen in a found footage flick.  I might actually have liked it better had there not been so much damn yelling going on.  1.5/5.

6 Degrees of Hell (2012) - Six people and their lives are stitched together by a supernatural force that has laid claim to one of them. A Halloween haunted establishment is ground zero for a paranormal perfect storm inadvertently touched off by a seemingly random series of events.  Still not sure what the hell was going on in this one.  Corey Feldman's appearance is more or less cameo and completely unnecessary to the story.  I may go back and rewatch it to try and figure out what was happening, but I am not going to be in a great hurry to do so.  2/5.

Wrong Turn

I love the original Wrong Turn, it's a real great film.

Rating: 8/10

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

I actually liked #2 though I know some people hated it. I still find it a very fun movie to watch.

Rating: 7/10

Wrong Turn 3: Left For Dead

It's one of the weaker of the franchise.

Rating: 5.5/10

alien25 wrote:

Tintorera (1977) - Recuperating from a nervous break down, Steven heads to the east Coast of Mexico to relax on a friend's yacht.  There he finds himself in competition with local gigalo and shark hunter Miguel for the affections of the vacationing women there.  But they are not the only hunters on the prowl.  A large tiger shark has been making meals of vacationers and locals alike.  Steve and Miguel decide to team up to not only hunt down the shark, but also in their hunt for all of life's pleasures.  Very light on the horror aspect.  It is really more of an action/romance movie.  Beautiful locations and scantily clothed women, but it is a tad long and uneventful.  2/5.

I saw bits and pieces of this one as a little kid back in the late 70s.  I seem to remember a scene where a victim is bitten in half and their lower half sinks in the ocean with its guts hanging out.   Can you confirm that?

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Wrong Turn

I love the original Wrong Turn, it's a real great film.

Rating: 8/10

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

I actually liked #2 though I know some people hated it. I still find it a very fun movie to watch.

Rating: 7/10

Wrong Turn 3: Left For Dead

It's one of the weaker of the franchise.

Rating: 5.5/10

I have said it many times before but I enjoy 2 MUCH more than 1.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-12-05 17:42:12)

^ I can see what you mean, the first two are great movies. The third and fourth...eh, they are fun to watch but nothing more.

I haven't seen 5 yet, and heard no reviews yet either.

what to watch...what to watch...I am leaning toward Evil Dead 2....dunno

^^^
I don't.
Why??? ELIZA DUSHKU!!! big_smile
But gotta admit that the girl cut in half AND Rollins are pretty wild too. But still Eliza OWNZ!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-05 18:20:58)

Wish I had a copy of Motel Hell that would be kewl

I tried tracking down a copy but it's hard work.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ I can see what you mean, the first two are great movies. The third and fourth...eh, they are fun to watch but nothing more.

I haven't seen 5 yet, and heard no reviews yet either.

I think that about 90% of the reviews for part 5 have been bad. I would say its the worst of the series bar 3.

House of 1000 Corpses

This is amazing film, anyone who hasn't seen it should pick it up! smile

Rating: 8.5/10

Rosemary's Baby - I love this film. Can't say enough about it. 10/10

Ichi the Killer - 7/10 Brutal. Yet a stupid premise

The Faculty - 9.5/10 Love this film.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Agreed, a little-appreciated classic.  I'm not typically one for Roman Polanski (pervert) but that is a fantastic movie.  Mia Farrow and Ruth Gordon are so good in that flick...

LoudLon wrote:
Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Agreed, a little-appreciated classic.  I'm not typically one for Roman Polanski (pervert) but that is a fantastic movie.  Mia Farrow and Ruth Gordon are so good in that flick...

Indeed, the cinematography is sooo good and beautiful. I like the old neighbour's couple. They're freaking wild.

SINISTER Pretty cool one, the Evil entity was freaking RAD. Liked the perforamnces and especially the ambiance. 8.5/10