Re: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

I thought the last episode was an emotional one. Poor Carl and Rick !!  I was irritated much like everyone esle , by Carl's wanderings and stupidity in the last season. But he has really grown. Had to be rough to do what he did. 
Then the emotions on Ricks face was more than any words they could have wrote.  Showed that glimpse of the old Rick , but I think we are going to see alot more of the new harder side of him.
I have a feeling that Rick and Maggie might connect because of the baby ( if she winds up caring for it )

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7111/8165914899_294bf2eef4.jpg

Seriously loving this! The 3rd season blows the first 2 out of the water! Just wow!

One thing though... Watching boxsets much better than watching weekly, man I hate waiting a whole week for a new ep! And I get it a day later than you guys! Loves this being British thing!

I am glad they are not trying to cram everything in the story. The characters are allowed to "flesh out" Glenn's scene was over and I noticed I had my teeth clenched hard....ouch. I hope Michonne gets to plow down Merle in the future future future.....Between this series and the telltale games Walking Dead I am finally getting my Zombie Fixx after all these years:) smile smile

Geez...I'm surprised there's not more talk about this show?  I'm the one that didn't even really care for it the first season and a half.  Now its definitely one of my faves.

So, I didn't know they were doing another split season.  In fact, I thought I read they weren't?  I could look it up, but since this place is all things horror...when does the second half of this season start?

Yeah, that's AMC for you.  I didn't realize they were doing a split season with Breaking Bad until the last episode a couple months back.  Seriously pissed me off.  And now we have to wait, what, another two months for TWD, too?

Screw you with a rusty pipe, AMC.

^ Ok, well at least I'm not the only one that didn't know that.

When will the new season of breaking bad continue?

I am loving this series so much! It's blowing my mind. I groan when each ep finishes so I must be enjoying it. 2 months though! I'll be pulling my hair out! I hope Merle meets a nice sticky end and I'm really interested to how Daryl is gonna do things but I am thinking Daryl will kill his own brother (hopefully). I love Michonne and hope she gets her revenge. Glens torture scene was horrible, I was watching it with clenched teeth too and the scene trapped in the room with wow! Made you realize how much his character had grown.

^^^ Yeah, Glen really  impressed me in this most recent episode.  His character arc has been interesting, going from the "gofer" to an essential member of the group.  And the way he kicked that zombie's ass while tied to a chair!.  That kid's got chutzpah.  I hope they never kill him off.  But then I hoped they wouldn't kill of Shane either, and we know how that turned out. hmm

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-11-30 16:53:35)

This could be the beginning of the End for Glen.... he just got his lot... now an episode or 2 or 3 we will see him dead! It's a given.

Hell NO!! Glenn is a survivor, you just watch and see;)

Well I haven't read the comics so if the comics have him in them then you will know but its so unpredictable anyone cood go.

It is cool to see how the group evolved and how they are getting more experienced taking out Walkers.  Like...its not something I noticed on a show to show basis, but you notice it when they're with less experienced folks.  I think it shows the depth of the show and the good writing.

I'm interested to see what happens, just sucks to have to wait.  I think they gotta keep Glen though???!!?  Who knows though right?

Exactly gs who knows. I love this series its the only tv series I watch. I think the last one I followed was Seinfeld but this is more important to my existenz and actually I dont give a fuck who lives or dies on this show. I just want to enjoy it ... and I have so far!

DemonToSome wrote:

Exactly gs who knows. I love this series its the only tv series I watch. I think the last one I followed was Seinfeld but this is more important to my existenz and actually I dont give a fuck who lives or dies on this show. I just want to enjoy it ... and I have so far!

i agree with you DTS, it too is the only t v show i watch. am not interested in this reality show crap that passes for entertainment these days or shit like " Britain's got no talent". absolute bollocks! oh wait there is something else i watch " The Simpsons" apart from that i use the t v to watch my dvds and the occaisonial film but that's it.
on " The Walking Dead" the only one that is guaranted not to get killed off is Rick. i reckon the next one of the main cast to bite the dust will be Herschel.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-12-01 09:02:39)

A lot of the characters have grown to be much more powerful and effective. Daryl has grown to be more human as we can see with his care towards carol and how he seems to want to take care of the baby. I still say her name should be ass kicker. I wanted shane to die for a long time. His death was very satisfying as was Loris.

I really don't like zombies tbh they bore me to tears but this is more of a drama or character observation with zombies just used as a plot device.

This mid season finale looks like its going to be as good as last seasons conclusion. Very excited!

Mid season finale synopsis - I found myself yelling and screaming and was literally on the edge of my seat.   That is something I'm not able to remember doing other than sports, The Shield and Game of Thrones.  All I can say at the mid finale is wow.  What else can you say?  Words do not describe this series.  Insane and intense.

UltraViolence wrote:

I really don't like zombies tbh they bore me to tears but this is more of a drama or character observation with zombies just used as a plot device.

I totally agree with this, which is why I was a late believer in this show.  I watched from day one, but didn't really get into it till the mid season finale last year...when my words above started describing how I felt about this show.

So...maybe I'm being a bit melodramatic, but, wow, this show is a top of the line show in every aspect.  The drama and tension what sets this show apart from almost all others.

One thing I gotta say, cuz they *SPOILER* gave my boy a flashback type scene in the finale...I miss you Shane.  sad  There's a guy I wuda wanted on my team when that sh*t went down.  He would tore some of them b*ches up...and I ain't talking about the Walkers.  smile

*SPOILER*

They gounna kill off Daryl?  Merle?  If not how will they survive?

Honestly I am so peeved I'm gonna have to wait 2 freeking months To find out what is gonna happen! But that ep was awesome! Both me and oh we're on the edge of our seats during michonne and the gov's showdown! The previews for the next ep have already given away that a certain character lives. I did feel some sympathy for gov in this one though. He just didn't want to let his little girl go which I can understand as a mother. I'm guessing these new group of people will become a staple in the 2nd half of the season.  I am thinking of hunting down the comics to get my fix until February.

UltraViolence wrote:

Both me and oh we're on the edge of our seats during michonne and the gov's showdown!

I was yelling at the TV and didn't realize it!

UltraViolence wrote:

The previews for the next ep have already given away that a certain character lives.

Are you sure?  My wife said the same thing, but to me it looked like the preview was a combo of upcoming and some past scenes.

UltraViolence wrote:

I'm guessing these new group of people will become a staple in the 2nd half of the season.

I hope not, they seem like losers, but then again you get used to the characters and become attached to them.  smile

I'm a bit nonplussed about the season thus far.  It's had its good points but it's also had its bad points.  The climactic reunion of Merle and Daryl was oddly underwhelming, and to be honest I'm already tired of the Governor character.  Not that he's not well-played by David Morrissey -- he's a good actor -- but there just doesn't seem much to the character.  He feels like a plot device, there to be charming and alluring one minute and depraved and sadistic the next, but for no real purpose.  I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why he's so set on killing other survivors.  Hopefully they'll delve into that more in the second half of the season, because so far The Governor's been playing like a comic book super villain than a flesh and blood man.  Even Michonne has yet to impress me, and my understanding is that she's a fan-favorite in the comics.

That said, I miss Sarah Wayne Callies and I don't think the series has yet recovered from the loss of Shane/Jon Bernthal.  The conflict he represented was more personal, hence more effective and satisfying, than Rick and co. going up against a poorly developed Governor. 

That was my fear with the introduction of samurai sworld-wielding, pet zombie-hauling Michonne in the final frames of last season's finale, that the show would lose the person-to-person conflict and drama and become more like an action-heavy comic book.  And a couple suprisingly powerful emotional moments aside, that's what this season has felt like to me.

Here's to hoping the second half of the season brings a return to what made the first two seasons so strong -- namely, personal conflicts between multiple characters and less emphasis on action and splat.

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-12-05 21:11:02)

I like this season more than the 2nd, but that's still not saying very much.  I agree with LoudLon that the show hasn't fully recovered from the Shane loss.  Like him or hate him - he added the balance that the show needed.

I really like the show, but it does tend to be weighed down here and there from achieving true greatness.  The characters are fine with me for the most part - with competent enough acting.  In my opinion the show is hurt the most my sketchy, spotty writing.

wolfman1959 wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

i agree with you DTS, it too is the only t v show i watch. am not interested in this reality show crap that passes for entertainment these days or shit like " Britain's got no talent". absolute bollocks! oh wait there is something else i watch " The Simpsons" apart from that i use the t v to watch my dvds and the occaisonial film but that's it.
on " The Walking Dead" the only one that is guaranted not to get killed off is Rick. i reckon the next one of the main cast to bite the dust will be Herschel.

Yea Rick is the only real survivor on this show as we follow the everyday life of the people. I have since the beginning really liked this one tv shit but Simpsons I gave up on years ago... is it still going?? lol

LoudLon wrote:

I'm a bit nonplussed

haha thats ok Lonny it sure dont matter to me, your still a fuckin awesome dude in my eyes!

Let me say - To each their own, and I'm not suggesting anyone should like the show that doesn't.  Still...I feel like I'm in some odd parallel universe with the negative comments towards the show now.

I mean, the first season opened up with that ridiculous car chase (don't remember details, just remember wondering if this was a show I could watch), then you had the walk through the zombies with their guts on you and they won't notice you (yes, I know this was from the comics, and I appreciate that, still found it ridiculous)...but then, the topper, when Merle is chained to the roof, and T-Dog runs, trips and in slow mow...key goes down a pipe.  I'm like...c'mon, this is getting ridiculous.  Then it ends on a fairly boring note (CDC). I was underwhelmed after the first season to say the least.

Then the second gets going...building slow, too slow at times, but it climaxed with some great tension towards the mid season finale.  So from that point it became one of my favorite shows, insanely intense.

Yeah, I'm an outspoken Shane fan.  I say it often, but when the sh*ts goin down, you'd want Shane to have your back.  He had to go (he went coo koo), and it was taken care of...I was one of the few that was sad he had to leave.

So yeah, that did leave an opening...a void in the tension.  Keep in mind, that scene at the end of season two, with Rick in the bar with those strangers, when he took em out...that was tense as hell.  Still, yeah, the show has not replaced the tension it lost when it lost Shane.  It does have its very tense moments though...some freakin, wow...what the hell is going to happen type moments.  The drama between the characters is developing in the SAME WAY it developed the first half of season two...SLOWLY.

So I guess my point is, I had issues with the show in the beginning when it was pretty much loved.  Now, I think this show is one of the best, brilliant and insanely tense...and people now think it is lacking.

I don't get it, but again...to each their own.

Lon - Good point though, would like the find out why the gov hates outsiders.

This current  series is easily the best of the lot, so far. i thought as it goes on it would get more predictable. i've liked the series from the start. the first season was short, and the least. the second season an improvement although it undeniably had it's stagnant moments, but this current season is more gory, more violent, more unpredictable. the ONLY thing worth watching on t .v that passes for entertainment these days.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-12-08 05:33:32)