Re: Totally random

^^^
There's very good ones of that kind.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7153/girlknewtoomuch.jpg

I mean how can you not love Bava & all those guys. smile

I wonder what would the bot do with his question if the name of our planet wasn't really earth but ¬\ ‡€•°∞ rather. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-04 01:56:05)

What this type of knife that have one side a normal kitchen knife and the other side a toothed (not sharp) side with a curved spot in the blade (a "hole" meybe?)

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Working my way through the list Lon, some awesome movies that I've loved on there but I just watched Ghost Story, I have to say I did not love it. It was okay but completely average from what I could tell. Think ill head off back to the Giallo section now, I'm falling in love!

Sorry you didn't like Ghost Story.  I thought the acting (particularly by Alice Krige) was very good and the story, while not overly exciting, was involving and well told.  But hey, can't win 'em all.

If you're going to gialli next, you've gotta check out Argento's Opera.  A nicely violent, beautifully photographed flick, probably Argento's last "great" movie before his steady decline in the 90s (though Trauma and Stendhal Syndrome had their moments).

writing a song what word rhymes with cranium and no... geranium and brainium is right out:)

instead of looking for a word in particular, which can be really hard and force cohesion between two lines of thought....just match the syllables with two or more words to relate the sounds:
(ie: Whack to your Cranium= back where you came from)....that's close enough for me and you don't paint yourself into a corner.

@ thedeadshallrule Opium comes to my mind. No idea why though. big_smile
But JackBurton's trick works fine too. I use it a lot.

Man they're annoying with these Xmas related ads all over now. Doesn't anybody told them it's not gonna happen this year, world's ending the 21st??? The Mayas said it so it must be true. Please tell them. lol

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/571/endworld2012.jpg

A new King is gonna be born in a few months. Demon save Kate Middleton.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/842/foetusking.jpg

HAHAHAHA
Good day to you all.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-04 10:23:18)

thedeadshallrule wrote:

writing a song what word rhymes with cranium and no... geranium and brainium is right out:)

radium
stadium
palladium
atrium
vanadium
gymnasium

I don't care what problems people have with Kate Middleton, she's hot.

Why was Loki mad when the God of Thunder opened the portal to Asgard?

He forgot to close the Thor.

Last edited by Tripod (2012-12-04 14:26:26)

^ lol

I got my college assignment done for today too, which I was happy with. I thought I done good. I'll give you guys the intro I wrote:

"The film I chose for my assignment is Apocalypse Now, it was released in 1979 and won many awards – some of the awards that the film won were ‘Best Cinematography, Best Sound, Best Supporting Actor, Best Direction, Best Foreign Director and Best Original Score.’ It was also nominated for other awards, some of which were ‘Best Foreign Film’ and ‘Best Film’ were it came second. The director of Apocalypse was Francis Ford Coppola, he done many other films like The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, The Godfather: Part III, Dracula and The Rainmaker. Francis’s directors debut was in 1959 were he one of three directors making a science fiction film called “Nebo Zovyot”.  His most recent work is as a executive producer on a film that released in 2012 called “On the Road”.
One conversational part of the film is a scene where a water buffalo is being slaughtered by a group of Ifugao people. It was original said by the director Francis Ford Coppola that the scene was real and he caught it on camera while the Ifugao people were performing a “ritual” on the water buffalo. But in an article about the film, the cast and crew go into great detail about how Francis Ford Coppola staged the water buffalo scene for the movie – telling the natives to chant while they performed the “ritual”. It was also said that Coppola ended up going totally overboard and ordered “a whole truckload” of animals to give to the Ifugao people to slaughter and do rituals on, for the movie. But in the end only one of the “rituals” were used in the final version of the movie."

I hope you liked it.

Heroes in a half shell..TURTLE POWER!

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ lol

I got my college assignment done for today too, which I was happy with. I thought I done good. I'll give you guys the intro I wrote:

"The film I chose for my assignment is Apocalypse Now, it was released in 1979 and won many awards – some of the awards that the film won were ‘Best Cinematography, Best Sound, Best Supporting Actor, Best Direction, Best Foreign Director and Best Original Score.’ It was also nominated for other awards, some of which were ‘Best Foreign Film’ and ‘Best Film’ were it came second. The director of Apocalypse was Francis Ford Coppola, he done many other films like The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, The Godfather: Part III, Dracula and The Rainmaker. Francis’s directors debut was in 1959 were he one of three directors making a science fiction film called “Nebo Zovyot”.  His most recent work is as a executive producer on a film that released in 2012 called “On the Road”.
One conversational part of the film is a scene where a water buffalo is being slaughtered by a group of Ifugao people. It was original said by the director Francis Ford Coppola that the scene was real and he caught it on camera while the Ifugao people were performing a “ritual” on the water buffalo. But in an article about the film, the cast and crew go into great detail about how Francis Ford Coppola staged the water buffalo scene for the movie – telling the natives to chant while they performed the “ritual”. It was also said that Coppola ended up going totally overboard and ordered “a whole truckload” of animals to give to the Ifugao people to slaughter and do rituals on, for the movie. But in the end only one of the “rituals” were used in the final version of the movie."

I hope you liked it.

I'm a huge Apocalypse Now fan (as well as a huge On the Road fan) and that is quite the intro.

A good morning to you. My long nap was very welcome. I'm back to top shape mode now.
Let's play. big_smile
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7496/igooglefootbabecuteass.jpg

@ Scavenger Of Human Sorrow, Nebo Zovyot is so damn amazing. Been a while I didn't watch it, I'll do it some time tonight. It left me a very nice impression. And BTW nice work dude, I'd give you a XXX note. Errr, B rather. lol

Agent: Would it hurt if I took off the mask?
Bane: It would be extremely painful...
Agent: You're a big guy.
Bane: ...for you.

I cringe every time I hear that line.

LoudLon wrote:

Sorry you didn't like Ghost Story.  I thought the acting (particularly by Alice Krige) was very good and the story, while not overly exciting, was involving and well told.  But hey, can't win 'em all.

If you're going to gialli next, you've gotta check out Argento's Opera.  A nicely violent, beautifully photographed flick, probably Argento's last "great" movie before his steady decline in the 90s (though Trauma and Stendhal Syndrome had their moments).

The acting was good all round in Ghost Story, I just didn't get into the mood of the thing. I'll try it again when I'm in a different mood, see how I feel then.

I am absolutely falling in love with Argento. I've been watching his films in chronological order, Suspiria is tonight's flick. I can't believe I'm only just getting into Giallos, I am enjoying them so much, everything about them is beautiful. Maybe that's why I wasn't all that into Ghost Story; I sandwiched it in between 2 Giallos and I am having such a good time with them that it probably wasn't the right time to watch it.

There's an article I wrote on Argento floating around here somewhere on the boards.  To borrow your British parlance, I can't be arsed to hunt it down, but if you get a minute, give it a read.   I think I summed up his particular ouvre quite nicely, even if I do say so myself. big_smile

Edit:  okay, found it.  That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (that's what she said!).

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=27650

Hahaha found it too but when I came back you did too so... I'm too slow.
Or I guess it's due to the time it took to read it all. But very interesting read it is. Thanks mate. smile

@ HorrorQueen17 Oh you'll just dig it, it's my favorite of all the ones he's done. The colors and shots are just sooooo beautiful it hurts. lol

In seven hours I'll be reading an excerpt from my thesis to the public. I am 10 days from graduation. Feels good man.

Panda - good luck mate!

Lon, oh how I've missed you and your fondness for shouting out "That's what she said!" thanks for the link, that looks like a really interesting read. I love reading things you've written, I was really interested in the explanation you posted about eyes popping or not popping out too lol.

Well, I watched Suspiria. I was totally blown away, absolutely loved it. The soundtrack was incredible and it was just so spot on perfect at building suspense. I'm expecting to see amazing visuals now, after seeing his other work, but wow. Just wow, some of the shots in Suspiria were utterly gorgeous, stunning even.

I'm gonna try and work out how to review this, I'm trying to review everything I see at the moment but this is gonna take some mighty fancy words to even try and do it justice!

Thanks for the feedback Panda and Punk! smile

On another note, I'm off tomorrow like every Thursday. Yay.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Titanium

I don't understand since when do people think they are cool, because they are constantly betting. You're not cool, you're addicted dumbsh*t.

Serious question. How much herp could a herp derp herp if a herp derp could herp derp?

Celtic do not deserve to be the last 16 of the Champions League, no way do they. Not only did they win tonight's game based on cheating (wasn't a penalty, was an obvious dive) and then got sh*t lucky with actually scoring it. Then that crap with the corner and not taking it for several minutes, clearly wasting time. Not to mention Commons should of been sent off for a two-footed tackle.

I honestly hope they get knocked out next round. Clubs who cheat their way into the final 16 shouldn't be there - no matter who they are.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Lon, oh how I've missed you and your fondness for shouting out "That's what she said!" thanks for the link, that looks like a really interesting read. I love reading things you've written, I was really interested in the explanation you posted about eyes popping or not popping out too lol.

Yes.  That's it.  Stroke my ego.  Ahhhh, yeah, right there, that's the business. tongue

Glad you liked Suspiria.  It's one of those rare, legitimately memorable movie-going experiences.    I think this flick, along with Tenebre and Opera, are the only Argento flicks in which the director was firing on all cylinders.  His other stuff is good, too, but those three are definitely his upper echelon.