Topic: Red Dawn Remake

Anyone else looking forwards to this? I'm a huge fan of the original and although this one doesn't look like it's as emotionally heavy as the original, it still looks pretty bad ass. Click on the link below to watch the official trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6T2Q4bB … detailpage

Re: Red Dawn Remake

I just saw the trailer yesterday and it looks pretty good, Chris Hemsworth even reminds me a lot of Patrick Swayze in it.

Yeah, I think he'll play the role pretty good. He did a great job in Thor and The Avengers.

Just saw an ad for a new Judge Dredd movie.  Don't know if it's a remake, reboot, re-whatever, or just a totally new film.

^ From what I can tell Dredd is just a new movie it has nothing to do with the Stallone one and is trying to be more like the comics

from the trailer the "Judge Dredd" film doesn't look too bad but a remake of "red Dawn"  why? and that fricking "Spambot's picking on me again!!!!

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-08-26 15:09:43)

I did a double tap er take when I saw Jeffery Dean Morgan is in it....Now I Want to see it. Gonna wait for the dvd though.

So has anyone seen this yet? I have to say it has a great cast consisting of Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Josh Peck, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I mean, how awesome of a cast could they have picked?! Any ways I hope to see this movie soon.

I saw it last weekend. I thought it was a pretty good action flick. Not as near as good (or as dark) as the original though.

I need to see this one.  Another one they filmed around where I live.  Looks awesome!

Not sure about this remake; even less sure about the switching of the antagonists as well.

The Chinese would have made a more believable scenario IMO.  Personally I believe politics had a role in the switch due to China/USA debt relations.  Still i'll give it a chance though... but very doubtful about it surpassing the original.