Topic: BR Boxset Extremely Minimal Damage.

Bit of random question but I was wondering if the damage to the corner of my Battle Royale boxset case would bring its value down, if say i was selling it. Note all the inserts and other corners of the case are in immaculate condition.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/Xenomorph85/P1010230.jpg

Re: BR Boxset Extremely Minimal Damage.

Anyone?

I doubt that little mark would bring down the overall value - as long as the DVDs themselves work and the rest of the box is in good condition you're okay.

Cool Thx. Cause of my OCD i got really obsessive about it and was thinking of somehow fixing it by sticking a separate and extremely thin bit of paper/card with a similar colour to the case, that would cove the crumple up. But I guess that would not be a good idea. I guess it's pretty impossible to keep a DVD/BluRay case/cover absolutely perfect forever unless u never take the plastic wrap off.

Anyone else's opinions?

Looks fine. I doubt it'd take it down much if at all.

^
Thx. Sry if i am being annoying asking this random question. My OCD literally forces me 2.

No trust me, I got worried about the cover of my Bird with the Crystal Plumage slipcase because it was dented in a corner.

If it's a collectors item with a rare print run, then it will definitely drop the value, but then  again so would just opening it and taking it out of the packaging. Also there's nothing you can do to fix it, amateur attempts at patching will most likely make things worse. That said I doubt that this will affect the price much unless it's a truly sought after item.

That's an expensive drop, I'm assuming it was a drop, not some bizarre accident involving a walrus heheh! Anyway, it prolly won't affect the retail value too much as it's not that dear to begin with, if it's worth 30 quid then just sell it for £25 instead.

I have this double disc dvd of Argento's Opera, limited to 30,000 copies:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzQzWDIzNQ==/$(KGrHqR,!k4F!9LQZHkdBQV1Tk1br!~~60_35.JPG

It comes with a bonus soundtrack and was limited to 30,000 copis, only thing is, of the two snappers, only one works, the other just flops open.

My pictured Boxset was limited to 5000 copies u see. But like Theli said just taking it out of the packaging would bring down the value. Plus I have a BluRay copy of the same Film from the same label; Arrow so I could sell that aswell to recoup any lost value from the DVD Boxset?

Dayum Vas, 5,000? That is some limited shit. I think the question we're all dying to know is how did the corner scuff happen???

It was like that when it came through the post, must have got damaged en route to my address. Maybe I can get compensation from Royal Mail? - (Just thought of that). If u think that is some limited sht then I dont know what u will make of my Zombie Flesh Eater's BluRay that is hopefully coming in the post tmrow and which is liimited to 500 copies.

"500"???
Please post a pic of it when it arrives mate. I'm well jelly haha!!

My holy grail of rare horror editions has to be this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEccUass38

I would cut off my left bollock to own this! lol

Keep us posted when your Zombie Flesh Eaters arrives...

That small a ding won't hurt the value much at all, if any.  We're not talking a fifty-year-old first-issue comic here or anything, we're talking a format of video that's still relatively new.  If you were to sell it you could conceivably get back just as much as you paid for it.  As long as the discs themselves are intact and there are no major scratches on the discs and no major stains or grooves on the box or wear on its edges, you're good.

Good News Everyone. I contacted the seller on Amazon Marketplace and got a £10 Refund for the damages plus I can perhaps also make a separate claim from Royal Mail for damaging the package.