3. Diary Of The Dead
4. Cannibal Holocaust
I enjoy  these movies................

Re: Found Footage Films

Apartment 143.
Liked it better than PA.
I'm thinking 7/10.

With you on the ending of Lost Coast Tapes. Far too vague. Now, I don't need, nor want my hand held, but it was just, very, "meh". Loved everything UP to that point tho.

Last edited by Zed_Chuva (2012-10-15 10:30:49)

I remember watching a series of mockumentaries associated to the legend of the blair witch before actually watching the movie.  It gave more of a backstory and for me, added the desired effect to creep me out at 14 or however old I was.  Since then, I'm luke warm on these flicks.  They can only really rely on the Cannibal Holocaust/cloverfield-type ending and it's not easy to execute the kind of build up that scenes like that need to work.   I keep watching them though....Chernobyl Diaries?

@Jack-
Have you checked out Grave Encounters (2011) (IMDB link)?
Big hit with most people here.

Also, you can do a scan through the rest of this thread for some more ideas.  Basically, at HM if you're looking for something, someone will find it or something like it for you.  The Search function is a bit buggy right now, so it's probably just to ask for ideas, like you did.

Chernobyl was kind of his and miss.  I like Apartment 143, with is like Paranormal Activity, but better.

By the way, I remember those psudo-docus on Blair Witch- I remember them being on Sci-Fi (when it was still called that).

^I actually liked Chernobyl Diaries, not a great flick, but it was enjoyable.  Definitely not a found footage flick though.

I thought Apartment 143 was pretty decent.  Couple creepy parts.

Not horror but - Snow on Tha Bluff.  A gangbanger / drug found footage movie.  While not the most exciting movie it was incredibly well done and had amazing acting.  Acting on par with Zero Day.  I think in many cases it was not acting and they let people just kinda do their thing.  There were actually some fairly tense moments including the opening scene.  Its an instant on flix and you could do much worse.

Didn't like Apartment 143 much... They dived headfirst into the over-the-top creepy shit, and by the time the film ended, it felt worn out. I did like V/H/S a lot, and looking forward to the sequel.

I going to give V/H/S a watch it later,  i had for few weeks now,

I hope it's good as everyone said it!

The creepiest films I've seen in my whole life are Blair Witch and Grave Encounters. Scared the H3LL outta me and I'm not one that gets scared easily. I laugh out loud most of the time. But these 2 woah.

And I just can't wait to see V/H/S. Hopefully it'll be out soon on DVD. Tired of waiting.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-06 17:52:55)

no ones found my footage yet so .. as ya can tell it aint lost. but when it does get lost (not my doing( I hope you all get a kick out of it!**

since I havent made my film yet that gives me lots of time to find it neutral
haha byte me

Any news of Unaware (2010) yet, or Whisper Dead Yet

Not really FF but had some elements of one - Alexandra's Project.  Australian movie from 2003.  Was pleasantly surprised by this.  Its an instant on Flix.  Fairly slow build, but really well done and enjoyable.  Check it out.  Curious what others think.

^^^
Yes that was a very nive one indeed. Great acting and story.
Was very disturbing at times. Like when he watches the video of her with the other dude...

^  Yeah!  Plus I didn't really get where it was going.  The end pizzed me off too, in a good way...just so hopeless and evil.

Absolutely.
Heard good thinds about it before buying it and wasn't disapointed at all.

I'm liking that Demon said "byte me."  He's so digital I have a raging clue.

I forgot to mention here that I watched Amber Alert this last week and was not impressed.  Just not enough in the plot to carry an entire FF flick, not to mention one of the most annoying characters that I have ever seen in a FF movie.

Saw one I hadn't heard of, more sci-fi than horror - Lunoplis. Really well done and entertaining.

Glad to see there's a lot of V/H/S love on this thread! I remember watching it at FrightFest and being blown away by it - Such a fantastic and genuinely scary anthology horror film. Probably one of the best found footage movies of late too.

Speaking of this, you guys might find this interesting smile http://www.totalfanhub.com/vhs/blog/fou … holocaust/

Besides VHS and Cannibal Holocaust, films like Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch are some of my favourites. Though it does feel that the FF genre is a little over saturated now.

hmmm been a while since I posted what I've seen

here it goes :

V/H/S was pretty good.. once I got past the annoying guys..- 8/10

I enjoyed The Dinosaur project although its more sci fi than horror -7/10

Atrocious ( kind of like Silent House )   8/10

Crowsnest ( hillbilly cannibals )  6/10

100 Ghost St The Return of Richard Speck - 6/10

A night in the woods 5/10

Bigfoot County 6/10

Grave Emcounters 2   6/10

Haunted Changi  4/10

Evil Things 5/10

Amber Alert 6/10

The Tunnel 8/10

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2013-01-06 21:41:10)

Undocumented  its the 2nd watch for me..  give it a 6.5 /10

Mistress how I miss thee!