Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LoudLon wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Tintorera (1977) - Recuperating from a nervous break down, Steven heads to the east Coast of Mexico to relax on a friend's yacht.  There he finds himself in competition with local gigalo and shark hunter Miguel for the affections of the vacationing women there.  But they are not the only hunters on the prowl.  A large tiger shark has been making meals of vacationers and locals alike.  Steve and Miguel decide to team up to not only hunt down the shark, but also in their hunt for all of life's pleasures.  Very light on the horror aspect.  It is really more of an action/romance movie.  Beautiful locations and scantily clothed women, but it is a tad long and uneventful.  2/5.

I saw bits and pieces of this one as a little kid back in the late 70s.  I seem to remember a scene where a victim is bitten in half and their lower half sinks in the ocean with its guts hanging out.   Can you confirm that?

Yup, then the shark swims off with the head hanging out of its mouth.  One of the few 'Horror' moments in the film.  Come to think of it, there were actually two vicims bitten in half, though the other one was not quite as graphic.  Probably the coolest scene however, is where Steven is trying to rescue a woman who has already been attacked, and as he is dragging her to the beach in shallow water, the shark swims up and snatches her out of his arms.  Don't know how they pulled that one off.  I read that they used mostly stock footage of sharks, and the actual shark that they used for the film was only 5 feet long, though through trick photography, they made it appear much larger.  Also interesting that they didn't fake the underwater fishing squences and actually killed the fish, including 4 sharks.

I just watched Argento's Inferno. I absolutely adored it, I think it's my favourite I've seen of his so far, or at least on a par with Suspiria. The first 20 minutes got me completely gripped and I couldn't look away after that. The Three Mothers is a really engrossing storyline. I thought this one had much more substance but less style than the other Giallos I've seen. Really, thoroughly enjoyed it.

^^^
Yeah, the 3 mothers trilogy is great. Tenebrae is good too but my top is definitely Suspiria. Oh the awesomeness of the colors this movie has. Wow.

THALE was just BRILLIANT!!!
I loved everything about it but mostly the pretty damn beautiful cinematography. Very cool story and wild acting lemme tell you. The beat of the film is just perfectly tense when it's time, slow when the story leads you there.

A bunch of creatures in the woods. A scientist [probably in biology] find a little creature girl. He removes her tail and hides her from the other ones of her kind way down in some hide out in his basement.
A bunch of guys are called to clean up multiple pieces of bloody body parts. They find the girl and it starts to get pretty nice after that. Definitely one of the best I've seen this year. 666/10

"I'm not good, I let you live. You can do things I can't. But what you have inside, you don't understand."

Silje Reinåmo pulls off a MAGNIFICIENT performance. Bravo!!!
Gotta love Northern Europe movies. big_smile

When I was saying great cinematography, THAT'S what I meant. It's just before she bangs a guy's face with a horseshoe. She is pretty killer. lol
Beautiful images in all the movie.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7371/thale2.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-06 23:40:42)

alien25 wrote:

Yup, then the shark swims off with the head hanging out of its mouth.  One of the few 'Horror' moments in the film.  Come to think of it, there were actually two vicims bitten in half, though the other one was not quite as graphic.  Probably the coolest scene however, is where Steven is trying to rescue a woman who has already been attacked, and as he is dragging her to the beach in shallow water, the shark swims up and snatches her out of his arms.  Don't know how they pulled that one off.  I read that they used mostly stock footage of sharks, and the actual shark that they used for the film was only 5 feet long, though through trick photography, they made it appear much larger.  Also interesting that they didn't fake the underwater fishing squences and actually killed the fish, including 4 sharks.

Right on.  It's been, what, 33, 34 years since I saw that flick and I wasn't sure if that bit was from that movie or some other Jaws rip-off.  Glad to know my memory hasn't gone THAT bad yet.

Mutants - 5/10 - It had so much potential and was rather well done but I really hate movies where the main character(s) seem to have no common sense or sense of self preservation.

Laid to Rest

I actually like this Slasher flick, there is a few twists and turn which adds to the overall story and the ending is quite good. The acting is questionable at times though.

Rating: 7/10

Spiral. Arguably not a horror but a psychological thriller directed by Adam green. Such a far cry from the insane hatchet. It was a slow burner and quite an emotional movie. Some parts were a bit too slow and I did drift off at one point but I liked it. 7/10

Some guy who kills people. I loved this! A very dark comedy but a great movie. I had fun watching this and reccomend it to anyone. 9/10

Red white and blue. Depressing but I loved it. There are no winners here and it made me feel very conflicted over my feelings for the main characters. The acting is perfect and all very talented actors. A really sad revenge story. 9/10

^ Is Red White And Blue that horror movie with the sluty main character who sleeps with everyone bar the one guy that loves her or something?

Maybe I am thinking of something else.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-12-07 10:01:13)

V-H-S

I really enjoyed it this movie,

The Beyond (1981).

Pure awesomeness, as always.
A horror film with some great surrealistic imagery, metaphysical symbolism, and some bad ass kills scenes. What's not to like?

Freddy's Dead The Final Nightmare....Put me to sleep this morning after work

Lucky F**cker ultraviolence i've been wanting to see that movie for over a year now. Can't find it to buy anywhere and Joel David Moore looks like he does an amazing job in the film

Shadow - 2009.  Not bad.

imma gonna creep on  ya shadow 2009 eat my intestines

Cold Prey (Fritt Vilt) 2006.  I don't see what all the hype is about.  It's pretty silly when you think about it.

V/H/S (2012)

This was really good idea for a found footage movie to make it  anthology

I really enjoyed some segments, First segments was really good one, the a lot fun to it and then was twist, the make up effect was not bad but it's could have been better

Second one was too boring, I Don't remember much of that all, only the last min of that part!

Third - Not bad, this was good ones, very nice story about Killer in the woods, with some twist near the end but could have been more fun,

Fourth - Not bad all, Felt a  bit like a short version off PA 4 , it started of really well, Enjoyed most of it until that really bad twist end.

Fifth - This was not bad, Had some good moment in this but it felt to short and bit rushed

Overall, I thought was Descent found footage movies.

5 out of 10

Why people like The Beyond so much? Must go watch it.

Watched Zombie Flesh Eaters on my Arrow BluRay on a mate's PS3 and HD TV. Lets just say I liked the film before but upon watching the Blu I LOVE IT! now. 9/10. Now my fav zombie movie second only to Day of The Dead.

Silent Night

LoudLon wrote:

Cold Prey (Fritt Vilt) 2006.  I don't see what all the hype is about.  It's pretty silly when you think about it.

hey you It anit silly its a fuckin cool Norwegian fuckin film and me took ofennence to that remark

Retro Puppet Master

Scream. Been a while since I'd seen it, but this has been my most enjoyable viewing of it so far. Didn't realise that they pretty much reference all the big slashers... cool stuff.

Will watch the others again eventually, especially want to watch Scream 4 again so I can get rid of my disliking of it (hopefully).

DemonToSome wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

hey you It anit silly its a fuckin cool Norwegian fuckin film and me took ofennence to that remark

Eh, you'll be all right. tongue

Sorry, I didn't like it.  I had major questions.  For instance, why is the killer killing people?  Because his mom and dad tried to kill him as a kid?  And if the newspaper reports are correct and people have been going missing for 30 years since that hotel closed down -- the hotel where the kid went hiding -- that means he's been killing people since he was 12 years old. 

1.  Impossible.
2.  Again -- why?

And why limit himself to staying in just the one room when he has an entire hotel at his disposal?  And how has he managed to kill so many people there yet not once have the police checked the place out?  He may have disposed of their bodies, but he kept all their belongings.  Surely the police would have checked the place considering so many people went missing near its vicinity, and surely they would have found this killer holing up in there, and thirty years' worth of missing peoples' belongings.

Like I said.  Silly.

BASSI wrote:

V/H/S (2012)

Second one was too boring, I Don't remember much of that all, only the last min of that part!

I seem to be one of the few people who thought 'Second Honeymoon' was brilliant and one of (if not the) best segment of the film.

The third segment Tuesday the 17th is garbage, should of been cut from the entire movie it was that bad.

^ I liked 2nd Honeymoon, and thought it was one of the better stories.

Thought Tuesday the 17th was one of the worst, and it was so dumb (yet could have been so cool) it almost didn't fit with the others.  Though I wouldn't go as far as calling it garbage....just my opinion though.