Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:

Watched Zombie Flesh Eaters on my Arrow BluRay on a mate's PS3 and HD TV. Lets just say I liked the film before but upon watching the Blu I LOVE IT! now. 9/10. Now my fav zombie movie second only to Day of The Dead.

Are Zombi, and Zombi 2 , the same movie? Reason I ask, is that I asked Santa for Zombi DVD for Christmas.

Return of the living dead- 

Can never go wrong with this movie.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-12-09 01:09:06)

Underdog wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Watched Zombie Flesh Eaters on my Arrow BluRay on a mate's PS3 and HD TV. Lets just say I liked the film before but upon watching the Blu I LOVE IT! now. 9/10. Now my fav zombie movie second only to Day of The Dead.

Are Zombi, and Zombi 2 , the same movie? Reason I ask, is that I asked Santa for Zombi DVD for Christmas.

No.  Zombie, Zombi 2 and Zombie Flesh Eaters are the same movie.  Zombi (without E) is technically George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead....TECHNICALLY.  Zombi 2 is to differentiate it from Italian audiences of the Romero movie.  Zombie is the American name.  Zombie Flesh Eaters is the UK and more common video release name of the movie.

Dawn of the Dead was re-titled as "Zombi" for its European release.  It was also edited by producer Dario Argento for the European release, so Zombi and Dawn are different cuts of the same movie.

The Lucio Fulci movie Zombie (the US release title), aka Zombie Flesh Eaters (as Garden said, the UK release title) was called Zombi 2 in Europe to cash in on the success of Zombi (Dawn of the Dead's European title).

So basically when you asked Santa for Zombi, you asked for the Dario Argento-edited European version of Dawn of the Dead.  It's a shorter cut, using some alternate and/or expanded scenes, and focuses more on the action and gore and less on the drama and characters.

Husk
Was pretty meh, the characters were too stupid to follow their own plans.

The Shrine
Now this one was pretty good, although the chars were pretty stupid as well. Loved everything else though. Except of course the fake polish. Which I could even tell without speaking polish.

The Convent
Now this one was 100% fun, 100% of the time. Accompanied by a ridiculous german dub. Good Times.

@ Garden & Lon.

I thought they were separate movies, and both by Fulci. I already own DOTD, so looks like I'm now gonna have to ask Santa for Zombi 2. Thanks for setting me straight.

LoudLon wrote:

So basically when you asked Santa for Zombi, you asked for the Dario Argento-I am edited European version of Dawn of the Dead.  It's a shorter cut, using some alternate and/or expanded scenes, and focuses more on the action and gore and less on the drama and characters.

How the hell is Santa supposed to keep track of all this stuff!?!?!??!?!  I am more confused then before I read the responses to Dog's question.  Dog, if I were you, I'd write a new letter to Santa, either that, or hope he's a reader here.  wink

Ghostseeker wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

So basically when you asked Santa for Zombi, you asked for the Dario Argento-I am edited European version of Dawn of the Dead.  It's a shorter cut, using some alternate and/or expanded scenes, and focuses more on the action and gore and less on the drama and characters.

How the hell is Santa supposed to keep track of all this stuff!?!?!??!?!  I am more confused then before I read the responses to Dog's question.  Dog, if I were you, I'd write a new letter to Santa, either that, or hope he's a reader here.  wink

This is what confused me...?  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ … ords=Zombi

So, I just talked to my Mrs Claus, showed her the one I want, and she said that's the one I'm getting. Good thing that when I made my wish list: I also put the year and the actors/actresses in the movie. Whewww...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-12-09 12:45:36)

^ Cool, or I was going to suggest you just order the Friday remake, or Halloween 4, or something else easy to figure out.  smile

Home Movie
Very good movie, actually felt for the parents as they were dealing with their children and the darkness surrounding them. 7/10

Return of the Living Dead 3
Absolutely love this movie! 10/10

Deadgirl
Wow. This movie...just wow. Apparently we're pigs when we come across a situation like what those teens encountered. Just...wow. 8/10

Child's Play
My first DVD. This film will always be awesome. 10/10

HQ and I watched to very very awful movies last night- Winterbeast and Shaitani Dracula.  She is now an official member of the Awful Monkey Movie Club!

Oh, Az did you catch the 12 Disasters of Christmas? I watched it last night, it was so cheesy yet so entertaining at the same time ahahaha

john carpenter's the thing

it was good and i'd never seen it before.

The Cook - worth watching if you love slashers. Some of the kills were well done and it had a few really funny moments. 7/10

Identity- A slasher movie with a good twist towards the end. 6.5/10

azathoth wrote:

HQ and I watched to very very awful movies last night- Winterbeast and Shaitani Dracula.  She is now an official member of the Awful Monkey Movie Club!

Shaitani Dracula is ooooooh so wild. The more awful it is, seems like the more I like. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes for example, LOVE this one. lol

MOTHER'S DAY
Woah. Been a long time I wanted to see this and I wasn't disapointed at all. Everything is just too nice in it. LOVED IT!!! 9.9/10
Looses 0.1 point for a sound I hated in the soundtrack. Annoyed me to no end.

Hellraiser (1987). So good. Nightmarish. I wish more horror films were like this!

Sus! U back!

FUNNY GAMES
Been a while I haven't watched it and I enjoyed it as much if not more than the first time.
What a tense like H3LL movie. Naomi is incredible in this. I love this girl.
And rest of the cast are wild too. Great flick. 8/10

V/h/s loved it , not to sure about the sequel. Onside ring they are already shooting it as we speak , just seems kind of rushed

In the Mouth of Madness - 7/10

Tiernay wrote:

V/h/s loved it , not to sure about the sequel. Onside ring they are already shooting it as we speak , just seems kind of rushed

Yeah, haven't even seen the first yet. Hope they're not gonna go like electronics where we just can't keep up with how fast it's developped.

Shaun of the Dead - 9/10

Bride of Re-Animator
havent seen it in years but I remember it. Not as good as the first IMO but a fun waste of time anyways.

The Evil Dead