Topic: Where do you live?

I understand lots of folks are weary of revealing their location... buuuut... cross my heart and swear to die, stick a needle in my eye I promise I won't stalk you, then kill you and put your corpse in the freezer and sit in your favourite seat and watch all your films and eat all your food if you reveal your city! big_smile I'm not asking for exact addresses here, just your whereabouts with a brief description. big_smile

I live in Manchester, an industrial city in the North West of England, it's full of warehouses, canals and knife crime haha!!!
But more specifically the Missus and I recently bought a house in Timperley, that's South Manchester, Cheshire to be exact and where we live has lots of bakeries, newsagents and parks.

Where do you all hail from??

Re: Where do you live?

In a house.

In a very quiet neighborhood in Rhode Island, tombstones as far as the dead can/can't see.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

In a very quiet neighborhood in Rhode Island, tombstones as far as the dead can/can't see.

Dude! No way I live in RI too. I'm from East Providence.

Not to give TOO MUCH information, I'm within walking distance of Providence Place.

I heard their someone got stabbed at 503 in Providence. I'm honestly not surprised, that place is shit.

Dublin, Ireland for me. I think I'm the one of the few who're on the forum and from here, maybe the only. I don't know.

@Tripod
I usually hear about murders downtown and the east side. (I have zero ideas what 503 is)

Hey Scav, wanna hear a really lame joke?
What's that you say? No?
Well I'll just tell you anyway!
What's the biggest city in Ireland?
Dublin.
Because it just keeps dublin & dublin!!!

I told you it was lame! lol

HD-And a Dominoe's near the EP highschool was robbed a few weeks ago. But yeah, gotta love EP. tongue

Last edited by Tripod (2012-12-09 16:29:28)

I currently live in Hazard, Kentucky -- the town I was born in -- but I've lived most of my life closer to Louisville, Kentucky and southern Indiana (plus a few years' stints in Ohio and Hawaii).  I'd only planned on living here for about a year, just long enough to get away from all the craziness back home, but now I'm kind of stuck here.

I miss Louisville.  Great city.  The Bardstown Road area ranks right up there with the likes of Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco and Manhattan's Soho district as one of the best art/cultural areas in the states, IMO.  Plus it has some killer mom-and-pop shops: Ear Xtasy, Electric Lady Land, La Bamba's ("Burrito's as big as your head!", Wild and Woolly Video (owned by the bassist of the great and highly acclaimed indie band, Stint), Mark's Feed Store.  And of course there's the LEO (Louisville Eccentric Observer), an excellent alt-journalism rag.

There's so much to love in Louisville.  I miss it like crazy.

^
Lon, excuse my ignorance but is a Loisville Slugger a baseball bat made in Kentucky? I only know the phrase from a local TGI Friday's that has a 'slugger' behind the bar and I'm usually too drunk to ask the barman after all the Stella's I consume haha!

Yep.  When I was a kid our class took a field trip to the Louisville Slugger factory and we all got miniature collectible baseball bats.  Mine had my favorite player's engraved signature, Pete Rose (who still holds the record for all-time hits, a record most say will never be broken).  Afterward, on the bus, I turned my head for a second and someone switched bats with me.  Pissed me off, that thing would be worth a small fortune today. hmm

Incidentally, I keep a Louisville Slugger by my front door.  Call it Hillbilly Home Security.  Anybody tries to barge their way in, they're going to get a face-full of baseball bat. big_smile

I live in Leeds, a city in the North of England in the county of Yorkshire. Not too far from Fulc's Manchester, in fact I spent a few years living there and also a year living in Lancaster.

It's usually cold but very pretty, for a big city it doesn't take a long drive to get to the countryside and I love it. Yorkshire is a fantastic county, you should all come visit one day!

If you can't figure out where I'm from by the description, then pashaw.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Dublin, Ireland for me. I think I'm the one of the few who're on the forum and from here, maybe the only. I don't know.

I for one is definitely the only one from my place, in Rivière-Du-Loup, Quebec, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way, Universe, H3LL.

azathoth wrote:

Were you born and raised in West Philadelphia shooting some b ball outside of a a school Az?

Lucky for you you had rich relatives in Bel Air! big_smile

Wrexham, North Wales UK smile

It's the biggest Town in Wales, Ok place to live but cold most of the year round. Love it in Wales and will never leave unless my career takes me somewhere else but I doubt it. I'm quite close to Manchester, Nearest city is Chester which is 20 minutes drive along the bypass. Lived here all my life, born in Wrexham hospital as was my daughter and my other half smile We're pretty industrialised but got lots of farming here too..

Last edited by UltraViolence (2012-12-09 18:18:37)

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

I live in Leeds, a city in the North of England in the county of Yorkshire. Not too far from Fulc's Manchester, in fact I spent a few years living there and also a year living in Lancaster.

It's usually cold but very pretty, for a big city it doesn't take a long drive to get to the countryside and I love it. Yorkshire is a fantastic county, you should all come visit one day!

Yeah, the A57, otherwise known as the snake pass is a road that takes in some breathtaking scenery, the Peak District is stunning. Yorkshire is an English gem and if any of you yanks ever visit this sceptred isle then be sure to mooch around the Yorkshire moors. Do it late at night. I promise our werewolves will leave you alone! big_smile

I've got mates in Overton Ultra, and yeah, I've had some banging nights out in Chester, love that town. Took me first E in a Chester nightclub so I'll always have fond memories of that place.

I've lived in the small town of rock springs, Wyoming for 22 years now. God I hate this place: it's cold, windy, barren, and boring. You have to drive for hours to get to a place that offers fun things to do, other than fishing. The good things about living here are that: it's a nice place to raise a family and there are plenty of jobs here. There are no gangs, smog, traffic jams, and plenty of jobs, which are mostly in the oil fields and mines. I guess I really can't complain too much. Growing up on the warm/sunny beaches of San Diego, California, for 28 years spoiled me.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-12-10 08:57:50)

Fulcento wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Were you born and raised in West Philadelphia shooting some b ball outside of a a school Az?

Lucky for you you had rich relatives in Bel Air! big_smile

Dude, I'm so white I can't dunk a paper towel into the trash can!  (Love the reference, by the way!  Bro-fist)

i live and i am a rarity, a native of the university city of Cambridge, England. everyone says how beautiful it is, a couple of the backs of the universities are, especially in a winteresque scene but the rest of the place is a dump, especially the town. too many tourists too. go away there's nothing to see here.

I live in a beautiful town called Aylmer in Quebec.  Right on the banks of a large river, it's got a real summer town feel to it.  This year I bought a Sailboat to take advantage of it.  I work in Ottawa, Canada's capital, about a 20 minute drive from home.

^^^
Nice town indeed. When I was young, my father's best friend lived there so we went there a lot.