Topic: The Evil Dead (2013)

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/10/24/evi … nd-trailer

There is the trailer for you folks, IGN finally put it up.

As for the trailer, I'm kind of lost for words at the moment.

Re: The Evil Dead (2013)

I just watched the Red Band trailer, and have to say it looked pretty good. Looks like it's going to be dark and have a serious theme. I am looking forward to seeing it.

^ That's what I didn't like about it to be honest, I don't want it to have a dark and serious theme. And obviously, the lack of Ash sucks but that's obvious.

I'm with Undie; I think it looks good.

Obviously I'd rather there not be a remake at all, but I can rest a bit easier knowing Cambpell and Raimi produced it, and were very hands-on from what I've read.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ That's what I didn't like about it to be honest, I don't want it to have a dark and serious theme. And obviously, the lack of Ash sucks but that's obvious.

As much as I would have enjoyed Ashes character having a cameo in the film, and a bit of dark humor wouldn't be a bad thing, if done correctly. I wouldn't want to see him as a pivotal character. As a whole, I want to see the new film stand alone. I feel that if the new film tried to compete with the original.  It would be a disaster, and a slap in the face, to the one and only, original Evil Dead.

I agree with Underdog and Lon...better to not get offended and look at this movie as a stand alone flick.  Tappert, Raimi and Campbell were really big into 3 stooges slapstick and made a lot of movies before ED.  Their personalitlies just came through while filming the original series and trying to impose that on a group of actors for the remake just wouldn't work...we'd be disapointed.  I expect it to be better than most mainstream horrors of recent times and that's good enough for me.

Looking forward to seeing the new version more now that I've seen the Trailer!

I'm wary, but cautiously optimistic.

I'm Optimistically Cautious....so close to 200 posts..sorry.

One complaint I hear a lot, is the "Where's the humor? Evil Dead was horror comedy!" Sadly, that comes from people who don't know better. Evil Dead 2 had a fair bit of slapstick comedy, and AoD had a lot. Evil Dead was pure fucking horror. Yea, damn near 30 years later it seems cheesy cause of the true "indie" look to it.

The remake looks like it's going to be ball'n tits. SO looking forward to it.

I watch this trailer and  i like this upcoming movie trailer........

I think it is the running to potentially be one of the best horror films next year. I know we don't know nor have we seen pieces of every horror for next year but I'm expecting it to be one that horror fans will love. Maybe I will be wrong, but I'm wholly optimistic! Looks fantastic to me!

I think it looks pretty good, but a trailer does not fully convince me

I just Watched a better Quality version of this trailer on YT and a lot of that murkiness is gone...not sure if that's good or bad just yet...but it sure does look Bloody...and I won't complain about that.

I'm excited for the film overall, It's one of the remakes that looks very promising and a relief from all the Paranormal Activity and Saw films that have been flooding the theaters for the last few years now.

^ Agreed. Definitely pumped to see how this goes.

Zed_Chuva wrote:

One complaint I hear a lot, is the "Where's the humor? Evil Dead was horror comedy!" Sadly, that comes from people who don't know better. Evil Dead 2 had a fair bit of slapstick comedy, and AoD had a lot. Evil Dead was pure fucking horror. Yea, damn near 30 years later it seems cheesy cause of the true "indie" look to it.

The remake looks like it's going to be ball'n tits. SO looking forward to it.

I totally agree with u in regards to the original and first Evil Dead. Like Aza I am cautiously optimistic about this upcoming remake.

Thanks, for this Thread and link...........

THAT is the kind of remake of Evil Dead they should do!!! Mwahahaha lol

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5663/78149201687327838358960.jpg

I am curious on it, I'm ok with the ash character not bring in it only because Bruce Campbell IS ash and no matter what I don't think any actor can or would want to even try to fill in those shoes. Also really happy that they went old school in it no CGI!

I could not be any happier if this movie rocks.  If anyone can pull it off it's Raimi and The Bruce.  (And I hope to hell he sticks The Classic in there somewhere.)

The classic is right in the trailer

^^
Dang!  I missed that!  Stoopid monkey.

By the way Tiernay, I'm glad you stuck around.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-12-10 12:49:28)

Hey just cause I'm promoting my shit doesn't mean I still don't like to talk about horror movies lol

Last edited by Tiernay (2012-12-10 12:57:51)

You tell em Tiernay we northern Ontarians are the best cool