Re: 2012 MLB Thread

So proud of my Tigers for eliminating Oakland last night!  Great victory, not Baltimore or New York, I'll take either but Yankees would be a better series.

Currently in the bottom of the 7th inng, CC is pitching a gem. O's are down 2-0...  C'mon, Baltimore!!

My mom is rooting for the Tigers for some reason.
I'm rooting for the O's just 'cause I can't stand the Yankees.
I hope whoever beat the Reds (Giants?) gets their ass kick in the next round.

Poor Cincie.  But hey, they made it one play off closer than they did last year, I think.  If they keep that up, they may actually be in the World Series by 2014. lol

Once the Phils shit the brick, the Reds became my team.  Now I'm down to the Tigers by default since my mom likes 'em.

So does anyone have a favorite in the World Series?

I know someone (sorry, I forget who) likes the Tigers, as does my mom.  I think I'll pull for them just because the Giants knocked the Phils out the other year.

I'm a NL fan, so I'll be rooting for the Giants.

I hate the Tigers ever since they beat the Cardinals. I'm a St Louis and Arizona fan, and when it was St Lous vs Detroit a few years back my ENTIRE family was on Detroit, they are big fans. I got so much trash talk ever since, was hoping for some more payback this year.....oh well.

boy the halos were busy they traded ervin santana to kansas city and had a deal with the cubs for dan haren which fell through so they declined his option as well as declined the option on torii hunter as well as trying to re-sign zach grienke. man that's alot of things to deal with.

^^  Gotta give them credit for trying to build a winning team!

wow what a deal between the jays and marlins

to jays

mark buehrle
josh johnson
jose reyes
john buck
emilio bonifacio

to marlins

yunel escobar
henderson alvarez
jeff mathis
adeiny hechevarria
justin nicolino

there was two other players going to miami and it still needs league approval but it doesn't look like there will be a problem though. Every sports show that i've seen says it's the biggest deal in baseball history. I couldn't say whether that's true or not but still huge for the jays.

Last edited by daxter (2012-11-14 08:40:20)

Wow, haven't read about that one yet!  I'll have to check it out after I get through my football stuff.

Wow, haven't read about that one yet!  I'll have to check it out after I get through my football stuff.

I like these guys since I discovered baseball. †hey're MY team.
It's up to you New-York, NeEew-YoooOoork.

Go Yankees go!!!

After building a new stadium, then signing big names like Reyes & J. Johnson. Now they have a fire sale. It's going to hard for the team to sign any big name free agents for a while. I wouldn't trust the owner! I feel bad for Marlin fans.

Was Loria (?) the owner back when they dismantled their World Series team during the off season?  It's like they have a bi-polar attitude- happy day, buy; sad day, sell; average day, put a freaking flying dolphin exhibit in the outfield!

the jays and marlins trade is official bud selig didn't block it and at 9:30 this morning there's a press conference to talk about it.

the halos apparently have just signed josh hamilton to a 5 year 125 million dollar contract total surprise to me again (anyone remember a year ago with albert pujols and c.j. wilson). Merry Christmas to me again this year.

daxter wrote:

the halos apparently have just signed josh hamilton to a 5 year 125 million dollar contract total surprise to me again (anyone remember a year ago with albert pujols and c.j. wilson). Merry Christmas to me again this year.

The Halos are really stacking their team with BIG time players. IMO i think Hamilton was a better bargain than Pujols. Pujols has maybe 3 more good years ahead of him, before his numbers will start declining. Hamilton is still a risk because of his past drug related problems, but will give Trout protection at the plate, forcing pitchers to throw trout stuff he can hit, and hit he can.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-12-13 22:21:49)

Underdog wrote:
daxter wrote:

The Halos are really stacking their team with BIG time players. IMO i think Hamilton was a better bargain than Pujols. Pujols has maybe 3 more good years ahead of him, before his numbers will start declining. Hamilton is still a risk because of his past drug related problems, but will give Trout protection at the plate, forcing pitchers to throw trout stuff he can hit, and hit he can.

i'm excited but i remember back to last year they got off to a slow star and were never able to recover they made it interesting at times but were never able to get over the hump so i'm being cautiously optimistic. I agree about josh but i guess we'll find out in september whether the risk was worth it or not.