Re: The Evil Dead (2013)

Lol how did u know I was northern

Last edited by Tiernay (2012-12-10 13:40:10)

I know all... I know everything that goes on, on this site LOL

Zed_Chuva wrote:

One complaint I hear a lot, is the "Where's the humor? Evil Dead was horror comedy!" Sadly, that comes from people who don't know better.

Don't be silly now, Evil Dead was out and out a "true" horror movie going for nothing but the original horror feel. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are horror movies with comedy in them on purpose. It's not just funny by "mistake". It's done that way on purpose, it's a comedy with horror. Horror comedy. If you disagree, then be my guest - that's what makes the forums great, different opinions.

But I'd rather not have you make such outlandish statements as anyone who disagrees with your opinion "don't know better."

Theres no doubt Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are horror comedies. Evil Dead was horror I think someone else mention black humour which it does have.

There is nothing funny about tree rape........ Wait

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:
Zed_Chuva wrote:

One complaint I hear a lot, is the "Where's the humor? Evil Dead was horror comedy!" Sadly, that comes from people who don't know better.

Don't be silly now, Evil Dead was out and out a "true" horror movie going for nothing but the original horror feel. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are horror movies with comedy in them on purpose. It's not just funny by "mistake". It's done that way on purpose, it's a comedy with horror. Horror comedy. If you disagree, then be my guest - that's what makes the forums great, different opinions.

But I'd rather not have you make such outlandish statements as anyone who disagrees with your opinion "don't know better."

You should read what you're quoting scav.
Both of you are actually in agreement.
Pay more attention in future.

Tiernay wrote:

There is nothing funny about tree rape........ Wait

Exactly...

Well all this talk about The Evil Dead I just watched it. I still have the original VHS but I watched my DVD instead haha. I have seen this so many times man but mostly in the 80s. I still watch it with a grin. Its such a well done low budget flick.

I take this movie as a tongue in cheek black humour horror especially when all hell breaks loose. Its still fuckin fun to watch and if they remake this as a serious horror film then they have made a terrible error...

@Cap - Yeah I guess, but more or less my main point was that it's not fair to be saying that anyone that has a different opinion than someone else doesn't "know better".

Isn't that right? That's basically why I quoted that section, because I thought it was wrong in the way he worded it.

Maybe the people he's talking about are non-horror fans without the thorough grounding in the genre that we share.
In other words they really don't know better.

Addendum.
To be frank if your real issue was with that portion of the quote I don't understand why most of your post was focussed on your erroneous belief that you were in disagreement.
If saying that someone "doesnt know better" is so insulting then surely telling someone else "don't be so silly" is just as bad, if not worse?
Just remember that it works both ways.

Last edited by Cap Howdy (2012-12-10 16:22:53)

I don't get why someone wants to remake this! Shit leave it alone.... Raimi already remade it probably only so he could get Army of Darkness in our faces. This film dont need another remake... pull out the one and watch it again. For sure any other remake won't come close to the enjoyment of the original.... It will have to be a fuckin amazing film for me to go wow... I doubt it

I know Raimi is suppose to be the screenwriter and Campbell is involved but that means nothing. It's too late, if Raimi was directing it than my thoughts would be different. The director has all the say basically so I still don't have much faith in this even tho I waited forever for it and still waiting!

@Cap - Ah I see, slight misunderstanding then.

Sorry smile

haha I sneak in the middle and getawy with murder LOL

The way I see it, there is going to be two types of people for this movie, those who will love it and those who will hate it I doubt there will be anyone who says " meh, it was ok"

Tiernay wrote:

Hey just cause I'm promoting my shit doesn't mean I still don't like to talk about horror movies lol

You'd be surprised how many people just drive-by post their stuff.   There was an entire thread created for them.  You hanging around is the exception, and a nice one.

DemonToSome wrote:

I know all... I know everything that goes on, on this site LOL

Me and Cap are the only ones that can keep up with your craziness.  Sometimes Lon, but he's busy now a days.  You freaky non-monkey, you!  lol

^^^
I find that he Rocks too. Guess that's because I'm crazy too. lol

Evil Dead is an upcoming horror movie in hollywood
:
:
:
and i wait for release date of this movie.......

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I find that he Rocks too. Guess that's because I'm crazy too. lol

Crazies know crazies.... rock on man smile

Luckily there are few like us man, cause this world is full of way too sick and crappy ones. big_smile

joserabal wrote:

:
:
:

Why do you post the obvious?

Tripod wrote:
joserabal wrote:

:
:
:

Why do you post the obvious?

Good one tripod lol

I watch this movie trailer and now waiting for the movie.

So, the new trailer for this? I think it's awesome!! There was even a shot that made me cringe - I have never, ever cringed while watching a horror trailer before.

Plus, this movie has...NO CGI. It's all back to basics, practical effects. How friggin' cool is that?

Oh yeah the no CGI thingy is cool. Very cool. But H3LL it looks so amazing. Definitely the one I'm the most looking forward to see this year.

BTW, there's a very nice article on the main site about the 5 reasons to see it.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/evil-dead-r … to-see-it/