Topic: The Connecticut Shooting

I'm surprised that no one had posted a thread about this tragic event. From what I've heard, a few days ago , a young 20 year-old boy, sociopath? and has good grades in school... brutally murdered over twenty people in a school. After his massacre, the killer commit suicide.
Prez Obama cried during his reaction speech about the killing, I almost cried too... Twenty of the people killed were children. Why did The college student have to do that? My dad said that he read an artciel saying that he doesn't communicate with anyone despite having good grades in studying... and said to me that I lack the living skills....

Re: The Connecticut Shooting

This has me too upset to post about it.

Being from Rhode Island, this was huge shock to me. This gets me worried that it could happen to my brother, and it also makes me feel sickened to see how evil people truly are. I don't think people should live in fear every day of getting killed though, and this should only make us stronger to prevent things like this from happening. Hope the fucker who did this burns in hell.

Last edited by Tripod (2012-12-15 10:15:23)

^^ The guy has some kind of "disease" related to psychology I think.

A Lost Boy wrote:

I'm surprised that no one had posted a thread about this tragic event.

Emotions thread man...

All these freaky psychos should vanish.
If I could only find back my Spell Book, damn...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-12-15 11:54:15)

I can't even watch the news right now..people are fucking sick in the head. I have a little brother that age and if anything ever happened I honestly don't know what I'd do. This just hit me hard the most. It's going to be hard to cope with.

My wife and I watched yesterday in horror as the events unfolded.  She is a teacher of kids those age at a school here and she was just crying imagining that happening to her kids.  It was truly horrible. I couldn't even begin to imagine what pain and horrors go through those parents heads just waiting to hear if their baby, their 5 year old is alive or murdered by some f'n psycho.  Such a heavy heart for those involved and certainly my thoughts with everyone.

Recently there are a lot of American carnages around the country....

Yeah too many shootings and people commiting suicide. This world is in turmoil.

Tripod wrote:

Yeah too many shootings and people commiting suicide. This world is in turmoil.

what's new? it has been for a long time. it's us, the " Civilised" people that are to blame. nothing else. humans don't deserve this world. a worringly increasing proportion of this world are selfish, success craving, easily manipulated , unfeeling, mindless morons. i REALLY fear for the world that my son and his generation are going to be in and even worse for the next generation because i cannot see it getting any better. stop the world i want to get off sad

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-12-15 12:44:26)

One of the main problems is, guns are too easy to access in America (from what I know).

I remember in a documentary I watched, a guy opened a bank account and got a free gun. Like, come on now.

Aside from that, R.I.P. to all those people who suffered

America is starting to look like these action movies where the father must always protect his little princess with a pistol and such...

This has shocked and appalled me. I have a 3 year old daughter who will be starting school next september. Nothing like this would ever happen in the UK I hope. I really feel for those 20 families where their baby won't be coming home, the 8 relatives of the teachers and staff who won't be visiting this christmas. I couldn't care less if this idiot was mentally ill or had some depression or bipolar or whatever. I had depression but I didn't walk into a building a murder 28 people in cold blood. I'm sick of hearing excuses for peoples crimes. There is no excuse. I think it's about time the american government rethought it's policies on gun ownership.

Can't even go see a movie or send your kids to school now days without worrying about being shot. What a lovely world we live in.

There are lunatics all over the world.  This was an incredibly sad and disgusting event, but let not start painting entire societies by the actions of a few.  Have we forgot the genocides of Hitler, Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur, Bosnia?  Or the guy in Norway?  Israeli/Pakistani's nearly daily killings?  Hussein mass gassing populations?  Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Libyra's problems?

I know this is will not be a popular opinion, but the acts of a few lone madmen in the US don't compare to what has happened and going on is much of the world.  To get to that level, you have to go back to American Revolution.

My piddly 2 cents.

My deepest sympathies to everyone involved.

@Az - You as well as others know, this isn't the first school shooting in America. It's happened times before, and by pointing out things that happened in other countries like:

"Oh look at them too! We aren't that bad if you take them other countries into consideration!"

What happened in Connecticut is horrible on it's own merits, and shouldn't be happening at all considering it's happened before. It's a problem, and problems need to be fixed.

Edit: If I have misconstrued what you posted, then I apologize. smile

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-12-15 17:03:06)

I just want to throw this out there: stay away from sites like Twitter and Facebook. I was on another forum where they too were talking about the shooting. They posted some stuff from the sites mentioned and...teenage girl were upset that the hosts were talking about the tragedy instead of Justin Beiber who was apparently making an appearance. Another "person" was linking race with the shootings. Way too many mouthbreathers out there. /rant

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

I just want to throw this out there: stay away from sites like Twitter and Facebook. I was on another forum where they too were talking about the shooting. They posted some stuff from the sites mentioned and...teenage girl were upset that the hosts were talking about the tragedy instead of Justin Beiber who was apparently making an appearance. Another "person" was linking race with the shootings. Way too many mouthbreathers out there. /rant

Honestly those media and social network outlets are just as bad as the shooting. I don't know why people always rely on them because in the end they just twist words and fool the public. Our generation is too dependent on technology these days..

@Tripod
I don't watch the news anymore. It seems like everyday we're remind how nasty humans can be despite us supposedly being on top of the evolutionary ladder.

Certainly don't watch Fox News anyway, a biased piece of trash.

@Scavenger
Networks like CNN and Fox were getting things wrong like the brother of the shooter who had nothing to do with the shooting.

The networks started to scapegoat Mass Effect because the shooter liked it on Facebook. Cretins.

i can see FOX news failing in the next decade. they misconstrue the facts and bend the truth too much.

@Scav, you got it a bit wrong.  If we can fix the problem, I'm all for it.  I was just pointing out how things like Dafur got so little attention, but the madmen in Denver and CT got international attention.

No problems, though.  It's not like anyone knows that Philadelphia has had 320 homicides so far this year.  It's a media thing I'm more upset about.  More than 40 kids have been killed this year in Philly, but reporting one death at a time isn't newsworthy, I guess.

I have never owned a gun, and never want to.  I have the utmost sympathy for those killed and their families and friends.  I can not imagine what I would feel like if my munchkins got killed, besides homicidal rage.  But the jackass took the cowards way out by killing himself.  In my religion, he will burn for eternity.

I'm fully aware these things happen in the world.  I neither like, appreciate nor need to be constantly reminded of it through mass media.  I wish news programs would focus more on GOOD news, and less on the countless horrific, tragic shit they scurry to cover every day of the year.

I was actually pleased to see last night that no topic had been started on this event. 

Well.  So much for that.