Re: Skype "Hello" Thread

Ahaha I loved your anti-spammer rant Azzy, although no need to tell everyone about your dress obsession!

And you don't have to worry about times with me, I'm pretty much on your time schedule.

I doubt I'll be there for mouth, I think it's too early for me. But definitely up for watching something after around our normal time, I really want to see The Church, but I have to watch Opera first, you know I've got a problem with the chronological thing lol.

Or if you don't fancy both of those then we can do pretty much any other film that you like, I have tons on my to watch list and you know me, I don't tend to say no any film!

Also, does anyone fancy doing a chronological run through of Hammer films any time soon with me? You don't have to be there for them all, I will be though big_smile I just wondered if anyone fancied jumping in for some of them with me?

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2012-12-17 16:38:47)

Well, what's the point in watching if two already can't make it?
Tomorrow I have a lot more time, I can stay up until 4am.
We might even watch Mouth AND Noroi if you fancy it^^

Well, I'll see how long I'll stay up tonight, and who comes online when.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Moon, trying updating your version.  It's not personal, it hates all of us.

For Sunday afternoon/night (depending on where you are), we're looking at watching Phenomena and/or In the Mouth of Madness.  Or both, or Bowlee the Fresh doing situps.  It's a fluid thing.

It's the Skype on my phone. When I leave the app is disconnects. So I started using it in an IM app called IM+ and it disconnects me from there too.

Yeah, sorry Golem.  The car thing turned into a total bitch.

Tomorrow sounds better.  Unless one of my monkeys explodes.  I watched a bit of Noroi, and it is a slow burn.  My only complaint is they use white, non-outlined, subtitles over lots of white background.  I keep having to rewind to read them.  C'mon guys, just put a black outline on them!

We're going to try In the Mouth of Madness and Noroi: The Curse tonight.  Madness is on StageVu I believe, and Golem has a link to Noroi on YouTube.

Edit- I got a few things to do, but I'm gonna try to get on between 5PM-6PM my time.  Add 5 hours for the Brits, and 6 hours for Golem.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-12-18 14:35:02)

Golem and I are about 30 minutes into In the Mouth of Madness.

Thought some of you were going to join us?

I had a bad busy day so couldn't quite make it for Madness, but I'm there now!

I made it for the 1st half of madness, and of course stuff came up.

Then G-Dog, me, HQ, and Panda watched Noroi: The Curse.  Nice complex film.  I recommend the YouTube (English subtitled) version, which has black-outlined white subtitles, which makes is soooo much easier to read.  Definitely a 2-watch film, because we knew we missed clues leading up to end, once it was over.  It didn't help we were chatting a bunch during it.  But give it a look, and pay attention.  I won't give it a rating until I watch it again, but it's going to be in 7-9 region.

Good call, Golem.

Crispy, Acey and I are probably on board for a movie in about 2 hours.  Crisps was thinking Bone Collector.

Is anyone about? Going to watch Opera shortly, guess everyone is busy with Christmas or the end of the world big_smile

^^
Guess I missed ya.  Monkeys fear no Mayan sun god.  We eat minor gods for breakfast.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-btWWLlrBG3M/TmIMucIUUGI/AAAAAAAAA5Y/IBu4qSG2EDk/s1600/gobblewines3.jpg

on Skype now....come chat

I created a new convo on Skype for tonight's movie night-
HM Christmas 2012.

I have added all the regulars.

Feeling spooky today!
So after the Doctor Who Christmas Special I'd love to watch The Others if someone is available.

*******Warning********  ****** Warning****

i now have a web cam camera !!!!!!

#1: Video yourself saying "Bollocks!"  And make it a good one, dammit.  I'm talking full-on accent, with attitude.  Spittle is optional, but keep in mind it would really sell it.

#2: Never, ever film yourself naked.  Nobody wants to see that.
big_smile

"Hello"

LoudLon wrote:

#1: Video yourself saying "Bollocks!"  And make it a good one, dammit.  I'm talking full-on accent, with attitude.  Spittle is optional, but keep in mind it would really sell it.

#2: Never, ever film yourself naked.  Nobody wants to see that.
big_smile

1. Oh I say! there's an idea ! i'll film it when i'm in a particularly bad arse mood and have loads of beers lined up and a cup of tea and shout "Bollocks" and transform into a werewolf on screen!

2. the threat of me filming myself naked will be my " Weapon Of Mass Destruction" threat hanging over you all! don't anybody upset the man wolf! it could lead to the end of the world as we know it!  lol

Plus, being a wolf man whose body is completely covered in fur, there's a chance of dingleberries.  And that's just unappetizing. lol

HM- come for the horror, stay for the...
oh forget it!  lol

LoudLon wrote:

Plus, being a wolf man whose body is completely covered in fur, there's a chance of dingleberries.  And that's just unappetizing. lol

dingleberries, blueberries, gooseberries i have had the lot  Lonnie smile

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-12-26 15:16:24)

I'll be hangin' out on Skype most of the night on and off.  Nothing planned, just come on over and jibber-jabber.  If a couple people show up and want to watch a film, it's all good.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-12-29 20:26:34)

How does this Skype thing work?

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

How does this Skype thing work?

Go to the Skype page for the download.  It's free.

Download it.  Start it up.  Make an account.  Most of us use a name similar to our HM name.  Then post your Skype name here, PM me on HM, or you can send a "contact request" (or whatever it's called) on Skype to-
azathoth1945

Best way is to post it here, so everyone can send a request to you.
By the way everyone, when sending a request to someone new, always say "I'm [xxx] from HM" )

Once I get your request, I OK it and I add you to my HM group.  (I kind of fell into the role of running it.)

After that, I'll see you when you come online and you can just IM me on Skype to invite you any new conversations that start.  If you become a regular, I'll just add you automatically.

Let me know here or on a PM if you have any more questions.  It's not too hard, but people have had various problems.  But we've figured them all out.  big_smile

Hmm. I'm kind of interested but near future plans will prevent me from being home. Stupid question, this takes place at night right?