Topic: Question for the Comic Book Nerds

So I've been thinking, what would you guys say to a Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior-type series featuring comic characters?  Obviously it would have to be worth the effort of coming up with a bracket and all that.; I'd need to know there would be participation.

Thoughts?

Re: Question for the Comic Book Nerds

I'm in.

That's cool, I will do my best to participate as I do with the others but I know I have missed a couple of the HM ones.

Not a bad idea though, and there are a few more members roaming the forums these days.

Deadpool > Everyone else

^^^ Ugh.  There's a comic character Fight Club on a comic site I frequent and every damn blindly allegiant fanboy gives Deadpool an automatic win.  The same with Batman, Wolverine and Punisher.  Because of that, I'll likely leave those four out of this; there will never be an objective vote when any of those four are involved.

Sounds good, but I would have to learn more about the characters  smile

I'd do a Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior type "tale of the tape" with each character to give those who might not be as well-versed (read: nerdily obsessive) as others. lol

Okay, so, there are only a handful of matches left in our first season of Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, so I'm thinking I'll run these comic character matches until DHMW season 2 comes around.  So, if you have some versus matches you'd like to see, or characters you'd like to nominate to appear, feel free to share.

Just be advised that whether I actually do end up running this comic book versus thing is going to totally depend on how much interest is shown.  What with the steady decline of participation in the DHMW matches, I'm not going to go through all the trouble of formulating a bracket and creating hundred of images if nobody's going to be voting in them.

At any rate, feel free to share your thoughts vis-a-vis characters you'd like to see appear.

LoudLon wrote:

Okay, so, there are only a handful of matches left in our first season of Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, so I'm thinking I'll run these comic character matches until DHMW season 2 comes around.  So, if you have some versus matches you'd like to see, or characters you'd like to nominate to appear, feel free to share.

Just be advised that whether I actually do end up running this comic book versus thing is going to totally depend on how much interest is shown.  What with the steady decline of participation in the DHMW matches, I'm not going to go through all the trouble of formulating a bracket and creating hundred of images if nobody's going to be voting in them.

At any rate, feel free to share your thoughts vis-a-vis characters you'd like to see appear.

Lobo, please.

I'm in. Bring that on!

Spawn. Yeah.

The Great Grape Ape
Curious George
big_smile

Over the holidays, I have to work on my bracket graphic for you.

To any Marvel fans, I have a question. Who is the strongest being in the Marvel universe? Is it Galactus or Thanos?

Neither.

Thanos, if you check the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, can press about 50 tons.  Making him half as strong as Hulk, Thor and numerous other heavy-hitters.  He can use his energy powers to increase his strength, but it takes a lot out of him.

Galactus has potentially limitless physical strength, because he can amp it up by using his power cosmic.  But he rarely depends on physical strength, when all he needs to do is think something and it happens.  However, while he contains a massive amount of power cosmic, it's still a finite amount.  Silver Surfer can also enhance his phyiscal strength with his power cosmic but, like Galactus, rarely does so.  Even still, without enhancing his strength he's still in the Class 100 range. 

Thor has the ability to enhance his strength.  Already in the Class 100 level, when he goes into berserker warrior rage his strength increases ten-fold.

Hulk's strength is potentially limitless, because the madder he gets, the stronger he gets.  And since there's no way to quantify the limit of an emotion, you can't really quanitfy the limits of his strength, either.  In the first Secret Wars, he was able to hold up an entire, 4 billion-ton mountain range.  And that was as "Smart Hulk," meaning he had the Hulk's body but Bruce Banner's mind, and was only mildly irritated at the time.

However, there is one thing than can elevate a character's strength by a factor of 50 -- the Captain Universe force.  When Spider-Man had it, it made him strong enough to punch Hulk into orbit.  So imagine if someone like Thor, Hulk, Juggernaut, Colossus or Thing were to become host to it.  Though it typically only binds itself to those worthy of it.

At any rate, I'd say Hulk is the strongest simply because his potential strength is limitless.

^^^
Yeah Hulk is definitely the strondest of Marvel, if not the whole comic book world.