Topic: RIP Danny Steinmann

Horror fans, heavy heart that I have to report that Friday the 13th Part V A New Beginning director, Danny Steinmann, has passed away yesterday at the young age of 70.  He also did Savage Streets with Linda Blair.  Not the most known member of the horror world but still an important one and another great talent no longer with us.  RIP

Re: RIP Danny Steinmann

Never seen any of his films but RIP fellow horror buddy.

Friday the 13th Part V isn't the best in the series, but A for effort.

If memory serves, Friday 5 was his last film.  I thought his The Unseen wasn't so bad, and enjoyed Savage Streets for the exploitationer it was intended to be, but actually Friday 5 was one of my favorite sequels in the series.  So it wasn't really Jason; it still had one of, if not the, highest bodycounts of the series, had quirky characters (such as Demon and Violet) and I liked Agnes and her retarded, motorcycle riding son as comic relief.  Too bad he didn't go on to make more films.

RIP, Danny.

I had a huge crush on Violet as a 12 year old.  wathced parts 1 through 6 in a marathon first viewing.  Part 5 was a good outing..not the best but not the worst.

RIP, Part 5 was definitely one of the more interesting sequels in the franchise.

Part 5 was the first in the series I ever saw and will always hold a special place in my heart.