Re: Christmas Movie Night 2012 Movies Decided.

^^^
1- Yes and doing a great job at it.
2- No
3- Not my goal.

3A- I meant something insulting to you, tongue

And you missed my #4 update.  big_smile

Since people are here, I'm bumping my thread!  big_smile

azathoth wrote:

3A- I meant something insulting to you, tongue

And you missed my #4 update.  big_smile

Hahahaha Yeah. YAY!!!

I'll probably be there.

I am shamelessly bumping my thread.  big_smile

I'll be there tonight, but probably not for the first movie. I had trouble getting to bed last night (finally fell asleep at 2:30 in the morning), so I need my rest first. Then I'll be up and about and ready to talk. smile

Gremlins (1984) IMDB link.

Only Gremlins link I could find.  Solar link.  I'm not sure if this is a legal one, so you may want to look somewhere else.  We do not condone illegal copyright theft, so since I cannot confirm this link, I can't say use this one.  Sorry guys, sad .

Christmas Evil, aka You Better Watch Out, (1980)  IMDB link
And I can't find anything for this one.  If no one can find this, we may have to mix stuff up and figure it out on the fly.

Winterbeast (1991)  IMDB link.
Finally, a Youtube link for a movie!  That's the only one I could find.

To All a Goodnight  (1980)  IMDB link
And another YouTube link.

Well, 3 of 4 isn't too bad?

To remind you:
5PM US Eastern time (10 UK, 11 Golem)- Gremlins
7- Christmas Evil, aka You Better Watch Out (1980)
9- Winterbeast
11- To All a Goodnight

Still no luck on Christmas Evil.  It's rather elusive.

Also, don't know if I'll be recording this Night.  Ziggy is showing his age, and I don't know if he's up for it.  We'll see what happens.  Anyhoo, see you all tomorrow, since it looks like we're not going to be swallowed by a black hole.

HQ actually found a copy of Christmas Evil.  However, I can't legally post any info about it.

Also, I had to drive Vamps to work today, which means I have to pick her up.  I don't know if I'll be back by 5, so someone may have to do the countdown.

I'm putting up a new Skype convo-
HM Christmas 2012

I added all the regulars already.

If I forgot anyone, just IM me on Skype and I'll add you.  Or HQ or Lon, I'm giving them admin powers.

An interesting night.

Participants-
Azzy
Lon
HQ
Vas
UV (and her beau for a while)
Ace

Movies-
Apparently Gremlins had all kinds of problems (I had to pick up Vampy from work).

Christmas Evil wasn't a big hit.

Winterbeast was a total laugh fest, especially when we turned the captions on.  They read like a drunken monkey typed stuff and then ran it through 12 languages on BabelFish.  But the plaid, whew, lots of plaid.  And a crazy dancing guy and bad stop-motion monsters.

To All a Goodnight was alright, though people had problems with that one, too.  Which is OK, since its plot was Santa-person kills people.  Also, some whacked out girl kept dancing around as people were killed right in front of her.  And some dude slept under an airplane.

Then Ace offered up Fortres (1986), a rather well done Australian film.  Some crazy guys kidnap a teacher (Rachel Ward) and her students for ransom.  Even though they seem to all live out in the middle of nowhere farms.  Takes a while to gain steam, but delivers.

So thanks for everyone that came out, problems and all.  Not my best showing, but I think we mostly had a good time.  And there were some really interesting side conversations going on.  And nope, I'm not telling you the anal lube story.

Until next year,
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
-Azzy

The one I liked the most was Winterbeast. I enjoyed it a whole lot.
And Gremlins is Gremlins just the name says it all.
Christmas Evil was nice but not as much as To All A Good Night.

Wasn't on Skype cause for some reason, my computer doesn't like it and won't make it work but I still enjoyed the flicks.

First of all i did honestly intend to pop in and say hello during the " gremlins " showing, beings as it is the furry family's favourite christmas film but different things went on and when i did pop over i saw there were problems with it. i may be wrong but it didn't look like people were talking on headsets just typing messages and talking about this and that and the damn time zone makes it difficult over here ( why don't you lot be civilised and change to the queens proper time!? smile ). seriously Bryan i feel a little bad because i know what time and effort you take to make these things work and the ones i have been on have always been a laugh.i am still working on a transporter so we can all beam down on one location and have a big party but everytime i experiment Sparky the whingy cat keeps getting in the way and my atoms keep getting mixed up with her atoms and i end up licking my own crotch! ewwwwwww!

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-12-23 05:30:09)

^^
It's cool guys. 

We saw you pop in briefly Wolfy, but you popped out before we could say "Hi."  Like I said, it wasn't the smoothest night we've had, lol  Dude, if I had a transporter, I'd rent a ballroom at a fancy hotel or a nice theatre and beam you all there.  My over/under until the police are called is 51 minutes.  And I'd have all the Brits talk to them to totally confuse them!  ("Hey, Bob, what is 'bollocks aluminiumumum?' ") big_smile

We might be doing something a bit different in January.  Ace came up with this idea of killer car movies.  We'll call it "Cars Gone Wild."  And then of course we have Valentine's Day in February.

Had to drop the Anal lube bomb in didn't ya! Yeah was fun as always. We need to do more of these!

^^
The biggest problem to doing "official" Movie Nights is finding a good date & time for everyone.  That's why we have all the unofficial/impromptu movie watching.  It's fun introducing people to new films.  (Though sometimes it backfires like a rabid monkey when you go in blind.)

I had a fab time last night with you lunatics big_smile I always do though, I love the official movie nights because we get different people joining in and I like having a theme for things. You did a brilliant job Bry, well done x

Also, the impromptu nights are my new home. I have found so many amazing new films, through you and Lon, and now Lee, and I have a blast watching stuff with you all. Here's to many more of them next year big_smile xxx Oh, and I'll be around a bit later on for Opera, if anyone else is. I'm just baking with my Gran!

Yup, had a good time last night, despite the Youtube problems and my PC locking up on me twice.  Very frustrating.

As for Opera, I'm on Skype right now (my status shows "busy" or whatever but that's because I have other contacts I'm trying to avoid, because they're annoying lol ).  I've already called my kid today so I have the rest of the night open.

After my Christmas dinner, I got home and fell asleep.