Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

LoudLon wrote:

I call that being proactive.  Beat you to the punch, ya bloody buggery bollocks. big_smile

The last four words of that retort should be best spoken by Colin Farell so they should to be sure bejasus! big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

You should hear us trying to teach HQ American English on Skype.  Talk about clueless... big_smile

yikes How dare you! You should know that I will find out when you post lies about me!

American English says it all - your version of OUR language! Far as I'm concerned you just leaving letters out is lazy. Oh and a pram is also a buggy and a pushchair tongue

But...but...shouldn't a short form of "perambulator" be "peram," and not "pram"?

You butcher your own language FAR worse than we Americans, who actually IMPROVED it. big_smile

Poor, poor, confused Lon. If we change our language, it's not butchering it, it's improving it! If you change it, put a load of 'Z's where there should be 'S's and miss out 'U's everywhere, you are butchering it. Why change something that's not broken?! I suppose everyone has to have a speciality...

^ Pissa?  SS Top?  Dassle?  Whiss?  Wow, you all are weird?  smile

Oh man, I had to listen to them 2 go at it about English for like 18 hours the other night.  I finally just had Bobo conk me over the head with a spork.

Meh, you had 18 hours of us intelligently discussing the finer points of the English vs American English language, I've had about 16 days of 'Monkey say he want HQ in a dress! Bikini will do!'

^^
And your point is?  big_smile
I see nothing wrong with my lady friends showing off.

What you boys can't get along, when I'm not watching?

^^
Us boys are getting along fine.  I just can't get HQ into a dress; she's very stubborn.  lol

I always miss the exciting stuff.  sad  lol

Cap Howdy wrote:
Meh wrote:

The rules should all be clear to everyone but lately some of you seem to forget you are my guests here and its not a RIGHT but a priviledge to be a part of our community. So with that said new banning policies are now in effect.

Normally moderators wait until I am around so they can share the links with me and decide a course of action. Effective immediately if you break my very clear and very easy rules a moderator will ban you immediately from the site. It is at their discretion as to whether it will be permanent or a temp ban.

If you behave properly, let me know what happened I will consider lifting the ban so long as we can all agree its water under the bridge / apologies are given, etc. Otherwise your SOL and no longer welcome in our community. If a moderator bans you and you re-register and act like an asshole you will be given no consideration and your ban will not be lifted.

Those of you who have been around awhile know  I rarely ban and often give people the benefit of the doubt and unban people who apologize. I am not some all seeing being and I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

I do not take pride in banning people and I do take pride that its VERY rare I have to. You all police yourselves so the moderators are here to help people and encourage discussion not police. But now they have my permission when I am not around to do just that... make sure the integrity of the community WE have all built is maintainted.

As for the rules its pretty simple. RESPECT. You will respect me, you will respect every member and you will behave like a mature adult. If you can not post without flaming and if you can not show enough respect for me by not following this simple rule... you will be banned. Period.

Every member new or old is just as welcome and just as important as those who have been here from the start of this site. Just because some members like MovieMaven, myself, and JMH314 have been around forever does not make us anymore important then somebody with 10 or 100 posts. What that means is if you can not show the same level of respect and courtesy to them as you would me or any other senior member.. you are not welcome here.

This is not directed at 1 person. Its directed at everyone. We are all guilty of saying stupid things at times its how you followup and what you do after that will determine your stay here. Or if you stay at all.

Hopefully this is the last time this year I need to post this.

Bold added for emphasis

Now all the fun and frolics have finished maybe it's time for a reminder of the original point of this thread.

Yes.  Sorry about the tangents.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Poor, poor, confused Lon. If we change our language, it's not butchering it, it's improving it! If you change it, put a load of 'Z's where there should be 'S's and miss out 'U's everywhere, you are butchering it. Why change something that's not broken?! I suppose everyone has to have a speciality...

Yeah, you tell 'em Queen, they shud speak English proper like what we do!!

What if you strongly take issue with what someone else has said?

Disagreements are fine as long as it's done respectfully.  If you've been seriously offended by something another member has said, report the post via the "Report" link, or PM one of the mods (myself or Captain Howdy).  We'll take a look at the offending post and if it violates any of our policies, we'll take care of it.

If someone personally attacks you for no apparent reason, we might let you get one good jab in (everybody deserves the right to defend themselves, IMO) but always report it first, so we can make sure it doesn't escalate into a full-on, back-and-forth flame war -- because flame wars typically end with both parties being banned.

Yeah agree but some people need to start not to take everything seriously. H3LL it's all online not that it gives you any right but just laugh at it and reply with something funny like that it won't turn into a fury. But I guess not everybody is taking everything as a damn joke... lol